• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Cummings, Johnson and this whole shit show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like this then?

Spurious claims maybe - downright lies I am yet to be convinced. If Parliament is so convinced that Boris is misleading the House, why hasn't the Speaker called him to account? Clearly not everyone agrees with Mr Stefanovic.

Spurious claims maybe - downright lies I am yet to be convinced. If Parliament is so convinced that Boris is misleading the House, why hasn't the Speaker called him to account? Clearly not everyone agrees with Mr Stefanovic.
£350M per week going to the NHS after Brexit? Go and ask the fishing communities if he lied. Ditto the DUP (although I have sod all sympathy for them). “World beating track and trace.” More lies. No extra checks to goods going to NI. More lies.

FFS, exactly how much evidence do you need before you admit that Johnson is a compulsive and inveterate liar?

If he was Pinnochio, his nose would be ten feet long by now.,,,,,

£350M per week going to the NHS after Brexit? Go and ask the fishing communities if he lied. Ditto the DUP (although I have sod all sympathy for them). “World beating track and trace.” More lies. No extra checks to goods going to NI. More lies.

FFS, exactly how much evidence do you need before you admit that Johnson is a compulsive and inveterate liar?

If he was Pinnochio, his nose would be ten feet long by now.,,,,,
More evidence of more Johnson and Tory lies. From the horses mouth again, so I’d like to see you spin this one so that - somehow - it is the fault of the Labour Party ??

More evidence of more Johnson and Tory lies. From the horses mouth again, so I’d like to see you spin this one so that - somehow - it is the fault of the Labour Party ??
I’ll even post the link this time

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

With all this controversy, it should be easy for an opposition party to pull away in the polls, no?

With all this controversy, it should be easy for an opposition party to pull away in the polls, no?
As I’ve said before Andy, this is why I despair at the state of this country. People just accept the fact that our top politicians can lie so often, without impunity or consequences. It is so depressing ☹️

As I’ve said before Andy, this is why I despair at the state of this country. People just accept the fact that our top politicians can lie so often, without impunity or consequences. It is so depressing ☹️
James you have an Australian pro-Labour journo news presenter trying to make a name for himself to be Piers Morgan's replacement on GMB by spinning everything that Boris says as lies when most of the time he has just said things that are plainly incorrect. We are all wrong at times, some more than others admittedly, but is there any fallacious intent to deceive ? I suspect not and most of the electorate are prepared to cut him that slack too. If anyone sets out to blatantly tell untruths with the intent to deceive and profit from that deception then they deserve all they get, but these do not fall into that category. If the best you can do is pin your hopes on this guy, then its going to be a long, slow, sorry death for the Labour party.

James you have an Australian pro-Labour journo news presenter trying to make a name for himself to be Piers Morgan's replacement on GMB by spinning everything that Boris says as lies when most of the time he has just said things that are plainly incorrect. We are all wrong at times, some more than others admittedly, but is there any fallacious intent to deceive ? I suspect not and most of the electorate are prepared to cut him that slack too. If anyone sets out to blatantly tell untruths with the intent to deceive and profit from that deception then they deserve all they get, but these do not fall into that category. If the best you can do is pin your hopes on this guy, then its going to be a long, slow, sorry death for the Labour party.
A lie is an untruthful assertion. The speaker intends to cause belief in the truth of a statement that they make. Hence, a lie involves an intention to deceive. The speaker also implicitly assures or promises the hearer that the statement made is made is true.

So, a starter for 10. £350M per week will go to the NHS every week if we leave the EU. Big, fat, wobbly porky pie.

No extra paperwork or checks for good arriving leaving NI. Another whopper!

And you know all the rest because I’ve told you about them often enough.

What’s the alternative? I’m afraid if you go looking in to any politician from any party where their donations come from it raises ugly questions.

So, a starter for 10. £350M per week will go to the NHS every week if we leave the EU. Big, fat, wobbly porky pie.
One could argue that the increase in funding given to the NHS is far greater than the £350m per week. Whether its a direct consequence of leaving the EU is another matter.

Politicians (of all parties) on the campaign trail have asserted how they would do things differently if elected to office, with such assertions not materialising when the election is over.

People are not gulled by this campaigning, they know what is happening and why.

Get over it James. You lost and will do gain unless Labour finds a better message

Oh and if you really want to watch a murder taking place in the HOC, watch Penny Mordaunt taking down and demolishing Angela Rayner . Yet another example of a pitiful Labour Front bench performance

One could argue that the increase in funding given to the NHS is far greater than the £350m per week. Whether its a direct consequence of leaving the EU is another matter.

Politicians (of all parties) on the campaign trail have asserted how they would do things differently if elected to office, with such assertions not materialising when the election is over.

People are not gulled by this campaigning, they know what is happening and why.

Get over it James. You lost and will do gain unless Labour finds a better message
one could note that the increase in funding give to the NHS is non recurring funding for covid relief. Andy tried to make this claim before and the source of his claim was very clear on this being non recurring. So no brexit dividend for the NHS as so boldly promised.

still waiting for my brexit dividend btw.

one could note that the increase in funding give to the NHS is non recurring funding for covid relief. Andy tried to make this claim before and the source of his claim was very clear on this being non recurring. So no brexit dividend for the NHS as so boldly promised.

still waiting for my brexit dividend btw.
I disagree with that analysis. NHS funding was boosted pre-pandemic. The Covid funding would be non recurring as you would expect, unless the pandemic re-emerges

I disagree with that analysis. NHS funding was boosted pre-pandemic. The Covid funding would be non recurring as you would expect, unless the pandemic re-emerges
It's not an analysis, but a straight forward year on year comparison of NHS funding. How can you disagree with that?

www.gov.uk June 2018

The NHS will receive increased funding of £20.5bn in real terms per year by the end of the 5 years compared to today – an average 3.4% per year overall – in a move to secure the future of the health service as it approaches its 70th birthday, the Prime Minister announced today.

The NHS is an inefficient beast. Ploughing in more and more money isn’t a long term answer. All the political parties need to park their games, and carry out a proper cross party reform before it’s too late.

The NHS is an inefficient beast. Ploughing in more and more money isn’t a long term answer. All the political parties need to park their games, and carry out a proper cross party reform before it’s too late.
i thought you voted for an extra £350m per week for the NHS. You must have thought it was a good idea then.

i thought you voted for an extra £350m per week for the NHS. You must have thought it was a good idea then.

Nope. That’s not why I voted Brexit, that’s your assumption. And you know what they say about assumptions....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back