• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Cummings, Johnson and this whole shit show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, Tower Hamlets. I thought that you would bring this up. So we need to bring on legislation that will affect millions due to one small, limited example? How much voter fraud occurred in the 2019 GE - almost zip. Nil. Diddly-squat.

No-one - including me - is against stamping out electoral fraud. But in its current form, the legislation would be massively discriminatory. Due to my epilepsy I can’t drive and therefore I don’t have a driving licence. My passport (the nice claret coloured EU type!?) is due to expire in the next year and again due to my epilepsy I’m unlikely to go abroad any time soon. So without either of these, and through no fault bog my own, I’d be disbarred from voting.

So, similarly to my Mother in Law, how can that be fair and equitable?

And yes, other countries require people to provide IDs. But lots of countries also drive on the right side of the road. Maybe we should change that too eh? ? Or maybe we shouldn’t opt to follow the example of those Johnny Forriners and retain a proper British ?? ?? tradition? I mean, we’ve “just got Brexit done”, so why do we need to change?

And as for Covid passports, you may be surprised to find out that I’m not supportive. But I can see some businesses requiring proof that you’ve had your jabs (although they would potentially limit their customer base)

Clearly a huge problem that requires additional Primary Legislation to resolve.

As ever the case, I don't think that rectifying social care is going to be as easy as it seems on the face of it. Any plan that involved pumping vast amounts of money into Social Care without raising taxes has been blown asunder by promises not to raise taxes and a pandemic level of borrowing that cannot be sustained. However it is done, it will need to be a solution that all parties buy into, because there would be nothing worse than implementing something this parliament and dismantling in the next. I think the plan may be to prepare for something that comes fully in to being in say 5 years time through a period of reorganisation and restructure of care services. The amounts of money are vast - almost as much as the NHS itself, I suspect and the bottom line is someone will have to pay. Increases in inheritance tax anyone?

Personally I think we should have compulsory ID cards. Problems solved on lots of issues. I know there are those who fight against it on all sorts of reasons - primarily discrimination over human rights and state interference. However if we want lots of areas of government to be more secure, I think it is the answer. AS for just for voting, I can see that it will be fraught with danger and difficulty. I don't think any understand the scale of voter fraud and therefore how this would tackle it.

Then we go straight into the old Labour attack line of gerrymandering, lying, corruption et al. Tiresome nonsense. If there is any gerrymandering going on its the SNP who are trying to rig the voting for any possible future Indy referendum. Labour needs to get its head from up its jacksie and understand the real threats to its future government opportunities - starting with winning back Scotland. Boris isn't the enemy here - Sturgeon and Backford are.
Just for your benefit Knutsfordian. The stats on voter fraud. One case is a case too many, but hardly a huge problem!

Just for your benefit Knutsfordian. The stats on voter fraud. One case is a case too many, but hardly a huge problem!
Ooops!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Shock, horror. Johnson completes a 180 degree turn in respect of his opinion re ID cards. Hypocrite? Well, he has got previous in this respect.

What about undetected voter fraud?

Polling day is the one occasion when the guy without a job has the same power as a millionaire. 1 person, 1 vote.

That must be protected at all costs.

Really surprises me to see that people don’t care.

What about undetected voter fraud?

Polling day is the one occasion when the guy without a job has the same power as a millionaire. 1 person, 1 vote.

That must be protected at all costs.

Really surprises me to see that people don’t care.
Jeesh, if we get onto the subject of undetected fraud, we could be here for a long time.....

......Government PPE contracts anyone?

280000 homeless
Social care
Child poverty

But lets focus on vote fraud.

280000 homeless
Social care
Child poverty

But lets focus on vote fraud.
But its not on o r the other is it really? HOmes are being built, plans are being brought forward for social care and billions are already being spent on education and supporting children

Can you explain the plans for social care please?

NO because the plans are being brought forward as noted in the Queens Speech
I’m glad you said “noted”. I think that NINE words is a good definition of something being “noted” (or as we unpatriotic, woke, lefty cynics might say “being kicked into the long grass again”.

#torypromises=torylies

I’m glad you said “noted”. I think that NINE words is a good definition of something being “noted” (or as we unpatriotic, woke, lefty cynics might say “being kicked into the long grass again”.

#torypromises=torylies
I have said elsewhere I think is a major issue that needs cross party support and consensus. The conservatives promised no tax rises and the piggy bank has been well and truly shaken empty, so funding this is going to be painful no mater how this is structured. Any plans that may previously have been in place would no doubt need significant amendment post pandemic, but why don't you wait and see rather than jump straight onto the "torylies" routine. IT is also likely to take years to bring about rather than an overnight transformation

And if you watched Question Time last night and saw LIsa Nandy's performance then you should realise just how desperate Labour's plight now is. Michelle Dewberry was right when she said that if the Brexit Party hadn't fielded candidates, there would be far fewer Labour MPs than there are now.

And if you watched Question Time last night and saw LIsa Nandy's performance then you should realise just how desperate Labour's plight now is. Michelle Dewberry was right when she said that if the Brexit Party hadn't fielded candidates, there would be far fewer Labour MPs than there are now.
Johnson “urges caution”.

Yes, that’s the same Johnson “missed 5 Cobra meetings, ignored warnings, herd immunity, eat-out-to- help spread the virus and kill more people, £37Bn-on-failed-track-and-trace, Christmas-shambles, U turn on feeding kids, exam shambles, worst death-rate, most trashed economy, open borders, let-bodies-pile-up, Indian Variant, PPE contracts for mates, dodgy deals with developers Johnson.

And you have the temerity to question the quality of the Labour front bench? Laughable.

Johnson “urges caution”.

Yes, that’s the same Johnson “missed 5 Cobra meetings, ignored warnings, herd immunity, eat-out-to- help spread the virus and kill more people, £37Bn-on-failed-track-and-trace, Christmas-shambles, U turn on feeding kids, exam shambles, worst death-rate, most trashed economy, open borders, let-bodies-pile-up, Indian Variant, PPE contracts for mates, dodgy deals with developers Johnson.

And you have the temerity to question the quality of the Labour front bench? Laughable.
Would that be the PM that helped win the Hartlepool by-election last week and leads a party that went from strength to strength in the local elections by any chance? And if the government is so laughable, why aren't Labour winning more elections? Oh maybe that will be because the of the laughable quality of Labour's front bench.

Just like the Labour Party your picking all the wrong fights here James. Many of the issues that were perceived as huge issues for the government last year have been turned round. PPE, Testing, the Economy, vaccine procurement and roll out are all now seen as success stories by the electorate at large. Even Labour's own councillors were forced to admit that when they broached Boris issues with people on the doorstep they got short shrift "because people love him" !

Labour is desperately short on inspiration and aspiration, that's what's allowed the SNP to kick Labour's jacksie north of the border and that's what's happening across much of the UK too. Apart from some metropolitan districts where a measure of support is holding up, Labour is a complete mess. In the upcoming Batley and Spen by-election, the sister of Jo Cox is being recruited to stand as the MP. If that's not desperate I don't know what is.

Would that be the PM that helped win the Hartlepool by-election last week and leads a party that went from strength to strength in the local elections by any chance? And if the government is so laughable, why aren't Labour winning more elections? Oh maybe that will be because the of the laughable quality of Labour's front bench.

Just like the Labour Party your picking all the wrong fights here James. Many of the issues that were perceived as huge issues for the government last year have been turned round. PPE, Testing, the Economy, vaccine procurement and roll out are all now seen as success stories by the electorate at large. Even Labour's own councillors were forced to admit that when they broached Boris issues with people on the doorstep they got short shrift "because people love him" !

Labour is desperately short on inspiration and aspiration, that's what's allowed the SNP to kick Labour's jacksie north of the border and that's what's happening across much of the UK too. Apart from some metropolitan districts where a measure of support is holding up, Labour is a complete mess. In the upcoming Batley and Spen by-election, the sister of Jo Cox is being recruited to stand as the MP. If that's not desperate I don't know what is.
If by “picking the wrong fights” you mean pointing out the countless times this dreadful shower have put the interests of themselves and their cronies ahead of the general populace, done dodgy deals, lied on countless occasions etc etc then yes I am. And I bloody well will continue to do so because even if the great English electorate doesn’t care, I think that the very bedrock of a fair, equitable and just society is a government that operates within the principles set down by Nolan.

Time and time again, this shower have shown their utter and complete disrespect for these and to me that is a damning indictment on this administration and where England is as a nation given so many people appear not to give two hoots and still crack Johnson the liar and his cabal

If by “picking the wrong fights” you mean pointing out the countless times this dreadful shower have put the interests of themselves and their cronies ahead of the general populace, done dodgy deals, lied on countless occasions etc etc then yes I am. And I bloody well will continue to do so because even if the great English electorate doesn’t care, I think that the very bedrock of a fair, equitable and just society is a government that operates within the principles set down by Nolan.

Time and time again, this shower have shown their utter and complete disrespect for these and to me that is a damning indictment on this administration and where England is as a nation given so many people appear not to give two hoots and still crack Johnson the liar and his cabal
But that's not quite true is it James? Very often the issues that you pin as lies are more often than not a difference of opinion. There are very, very few occasions when ministers (in this or any other government) brazenly lie. That's career ending stuff and on that basis you have managed to nail no one so far ! Most of what you protest as corruption is implied or insinuated. Where misdeeds are discovered I am sure that people will pay with their jobs - but in the mean time you have yet to discover the crime, the location or the murder weapon. The chances are that when you happen on to an incident of note, it will be lost amongst the melee that is being created.

In the mean time, unless Labour sorts itself out they still will not get elected even if something should fall into their collective lap.

Are you saying that Boris had never lied?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back