• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Counties Watch 22-23 Edition

With Matt Barnes ex Prestwich and Runcorn Town as his assistant.

Harry Cain's Sandbach miss out on promotion. They lost 3-1 to Cheadle Town this afternoon.
And Chadderton won the other final on penalties

And Avro leave the Counties to join us in the NPL.

Harry Cain's Sandbach miss out on promotion. They lost 3-1 to Cheadle Town this afternoon.
And Chadderton won the other final on penalties
And so the scramble to escape Step 5 lateral movement begins 👀🤐

And so the scramble to escape Step 5 lateral movement begins 👀🤐
And the NWCFL premier is probably going to be the most problematic.

Avro and Vauxhall go up to step 4 but coming down are Glossop, Colne, Skem and Rammy. All ‘Northern’ clubs. So, thus far that is a net gain of 2

Going down from the NWCFL Prem are Ashton Athletic and Burscough but coming up are Wythenshawe Amateurs, Pilkington, Cheadle and Chadderton. Another net gain of 2.

Thus, currently there are 26 clubs but only 22 places. Working on geography alone and not checking to see if the other Step 5 leagues have space, one solution might be to transfer Barlick to the NCEL (as happened to Silsden a few years ago) and switch Congleton, Vics and Winsford (the 3 remaining most southerly NWCFL clubs) to the Midland League..

And before anyone accuses me of a bit of 💩stirring, re wishing Vics Ill will, the simple fact is that given the numbers of clubs now eligible to a place in the NWCFL premier something will have to give.

As ever, it’s going to be an ‘interesting’ summer and the AGM cup final should be particularly interesting!

And the NWCFL premier is probably going to be the most problematic.

Avro and Vauxhall go up to step 4 but coming down are Glossop, Colne, Skem and Rammy. All ‘Northern’ clubs. So, thus far that is a net gain of 2

Going down from the NWCFL Prem are Ashton Athletic and Burscough but coming up are Wythenshawe Amateurs, Pilkington, Cheadle and Chadderton. Another net gain of 2.

Thus, currently there are 26 clubs but only 22 places. Working on geography alone and not checking to see if the other Step 5 leagues have space, one solution might be to transfer Barlick to the NCEL (as happened to Silsden a few years ago) and switch Congleton, Vics and Winsford (the 3 remaining most southerly NWCFL clubs) to the Midland League..

And before anyone accuses me of a bit of 💩stirring, re wishing Vics Ill will, the simple fact is that given the numbers of clubs now eligible to a place in the NWCFL premier something will have to give.

As ever, it’s going to be an ‘interesting’ summer and the AGM cup final should be particularly interesting!
Martin Fallon suggested as few as twenty clubs, although I think this was more an FA ideal rather than a reality for the coming new season. Something will need to be done with the numbers though and prevarication over decisions now, will inevitably need to be addressed eventually. The FA meet to decide in the coming fortnight I think, it’ll be interesting to see what they conclude.

How does the NCEL look?
Could the likes of Rammy, GNE & Colne head east rather than the Cheshire sides heading to the Midlands?

How does the NCEL look?
Could the likes of Rammy, GNE & Colne head east rather than the Cheshire sides heading to the Midlands?
It is a possibility Edge. But I said I hadn’t looked at the NCEL when I made my post

And Avro leave the Counties to join us in the NPL.

Looking forward to it

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I’ve seen on one prediction their going to move Isle of Man to the midlands?
I've seen that mentioned as well - if they fly to Manchester or Liverpool then why not Birmingham!

IoM to the midlands sounds mad to me. It is further than M/c or L/pool - if it is true are they trying to lose them?

Flight times on google
Iom to Liverpool 40 mins
Iom to Manchester 45 mins
Iom to Birmingham 55 mins

IoM to the midlands sounds mad to me. It is further than M/c or L/pool - if it is true are they trying to lose them?
It’s only a notion from a poster on the NLM. Nobody at the FA is trying to move FC IoM on ...... necessarily.

The new Vics boss seems like a nice chap.
Steve Viper Security on Twitter_ _You was warned you fukin weasel a week ag.. 2023-05-04 at 1...jpeg

Reactions: Ben
Back