• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Counties Watch 22-23 Edition

Vauxhall are confirmed as champions but the battle for second is hotting up.

Avro P40 Pts 83 MaxPts 89
Wyth P40 Pts 82 MaxPts 88
Bury P38 Pts 77 MaxPts 89

Avro & Wyth both drew today which gives Bury a very slight chance of second.
Avro need to drop points at home to Barlick, Wyth not win in the Isle of Man & Bury must win their 3 matches

Avro & Wyth both drew today which gives Bury a very slight chance of second.
Avro need to drop points at home to Barlick, Wyth not win in the Isle of Man & Bury must win their 3 matches
Bury lost 3-2 to the Manxmen.

Steve Wilkes has resigned from Vics
Goodness that’s a surprise, thought he would’ve kicked on with Vics to be honest. Would have been play-off material under next year’s promotion rules. No reason why the squad should necessarily change much though I suppose?

Goodness that’s a surprise, thought he would’ve kicked on with Vics to be honest. Would have been play-off material under next year’s promotion rules. No reason why the squad should necessarily change much though I suppose?
Maybe he didn’t fancy regular trips down to the midlands Tez?

1874 Vets aka Stockport Town lost to Cheadle Town in their play-off semi.
Cheadle face Sandbach in the Final.

I think if Sandbach win then they might head to the Midlands league rather than NWCFL

Chadderton play FC St Helens in the North Play off final.

1874 Vets aka Stockport Town lost to Cheadle Town in their play-off semi.
Cheadle face Sandbach in the Final.

I think if Sandbach win then they might head to the Midlands league rather than NWCFL

Chadderton play FC St Helens in the North Play off final.
If Cheadle beat Sandbach, things get interesting, particularly if Skem are automatically relegated too. That would mean three automatically down (I think that’s what the FA would do), so potentially 26 clubs in the NWCFL.

Rammy & Colne could go NCEL as well.

Or Congleton, Winsford & Vics to the Midlands
And Sandbach to the Midlands if they win their final

Skelmersdale join the NWCFL watch threads for next season.

Barlick and/or Padiham May move to East Counties.

Rammy & Colne could go NCEL as well.

Or Congleton, Winsford & Vics to the Midlands
And Sandbach to the Midlands if they win their final
You could throw Kendal Town into the mix being most northerly. If GNE lose their play off, is there a tenuous case for NECFL next season?

Now the inter divisional play off draw has finally been published. IF Glossop lost against Ashington, Lincoln overcame Avro and Cheadle and Chadderton won their play offs (a lot to happen, but plausible, indulge me 😁) I make it 27 clubs staking a NWC Premier Division claim🤔 Anyone want to do a recount and check it out 🤔👀

Now the inter divisional play off draw has finally been published. IF Glossop lost against Ashington, Lincoln overcame Avro and Cheadle and Chadderton won their play offs (a lot to happen, but plausible, indulge me 😁) I make it 27 clubs staking a NWC Premier Division claim🤔 Anyone want to do a recount and check it out 🤔👀
Quart into a pint 🍺 pot springs to mind😳

Is my arithmetic up to scratch James🤔 Got to lose five clubs even to go with a 22 club competition, which is still a couple more than the FA’s ideal.

I see that Vics have appointed Wilkes’ assistant of five years Steve Pickup as their new manager.

I see that Vics have appointed Wilkes’ assistant of five years Steve Pickup as their new manager.
Perhaps that’s possibly because of his extensive Midland League knowledge?

Back