• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

ARE WITTON IN FREE FALL

So surely the best thing to do then is to play the game or pay the fine and not play,and stop making excuse's in case you get beat.

clubs are not allowed to withdraw. Failure to fulfil a fixture incurs financial penalties. I would prefer not to enter, but that again is a personal opinion and I am not sure whether participation is optional.

I could be mistaken, but I'd be surprised if the Mid-Cheshire FA could wield that sort of power, after all both Vics and Witton have withdrawn or deferred in the past with too much complaint. The Cheshire FA of course is a different matter with the threat of exclusion from FA competitions for non participation in County Cup comps.
Anyone able to conjure up the rule book?

I think we are already on 2 games a week, every week without any further postponements, so any further disruption and we will start on 3 games a week pdq. I don't think that anyone at witton is that worried about playing 1874, that sleep will be lost. I think that everyone wants to see the best game possible, between the best sides possible and at the best time possible. Given that you/we can't substitute a complete team and have to play a minimum standard/number of first team players what we are talking about here is a game between 2 sides with differing priorities. Its a meaningless competition designed to put money into the local FA that should not disrupt the main events of the season as this year's competition threatens to do. I also think finals have been deferred in previous years, although I can't swear to it.

That said, be careful what you wish for Toddy, this may just end differently than you think

I could be mistaken, but I'd be surprised if the Mid-Cheshire FA could wield that sort of power, after all both Vics and Witton have withdrawn or deferred in the past with too much complaint. The Cheshire FA of course is a different matter with the threat of exclusion from FA competitions for non participation in County Cup comps.
Anyone able to conjure up the rule book?
This topic has been done to death many times before on our forum Tez and I'm pretty sure the general conclusion was that all Mid-Cheshire clubs have to enter the Mid-Cheshire Cup and can not withdraw from it unless there is an exceptional reason to do so. I don't recall Witton ever withdrawing from it (I could be wrong on that) but didn't V*cs pull out last season? Arguably Witton have a case for withdrawing this season but I don't think we would do that in respect to the competition and other local clubs.

Knutsfordian I hope you do put your best team out if the game is played,and may the best team win,at least it will show us how far as a team we have progressed.I have every confidence in our lads and know we will give a good account,and if we do lose we will take it in a better sporting manner than some of your fans did last year when we beat you 3-0.

Knutsfordian a bit disappointed in your opinion about the competition putting money into the local FA ,someone has to administer local football and it can't be done without funds.so don't you think it's the responsibility of the senior clubs to help raise those funds.

You have to remember this is all new to wi**on playing twice a week.
It is usually associated with a winning team......something wi**on haven't had for a number of years so they're supporters need a bit of time to adjust and get used to this unusual season.
We on the other hand have had many seasons like this so find it hard to understand the fuss they are making about playing twice a week! :p.

]
You have to remember this is all new to wi**on playing twice a week.
It is usually associated with a winning team......something wi**on haven't had for a number of years so they're supporters need a bit of time to adjust and get used to this unusual season.
We on the other hand have had many seasons like this so find it hard to understand the fuss they are making about playing twice a week! :p.

Really? Like the big FA Cup and Trophy games we have had this season against the likes of Chester, Kettering, Boston and Stalybridge amongst others, many of which went to replays. I must have missed the seasons you have had like ours this season...o_O

I really must make the post more simple for you!. (Or perhaps you should read it properly before jumping in!!).
All those games are this season.....as the post says, it's all new to you! You are not used to successful seasons! :(.
Can't see the point of the really statement and yet again you've made a fool of yourself by not understanding the post!
As your fellow webbed fingered colleagues constantly remind us we are mainly ex vics fans.
We, as supporters, were doing cup runs before you were probably born!! :p.

Last edited:
Don't know Knutsfordian still waiting like you.The one thing I have heard is Vics do not have to pay the rent and have not been doing for some time(what happened to the no pay no play?).Good job it's getting light night's or Witton would be paying for the flood lighting.:(

Maybe Toddy is referring to the comments made by Vics acting Chairman Brian Turner in an interview published on Pitchero’s Non League News website.

“If we don’t find the money we still need and find people to help push this club forward then the reality of the situation is that we have no future. We can’t afford the rent we are currently paying by groundsharing at Witton Albion

A link to the full interview has been posted under the JRFC Aftermath thread in general chat.

A Question for Mr Wonder,Turncoat,Knutsfordian,Paul and CJ.What's the reason for Vics being unable to pay the rent after the Jim and his family drop off the scene,if they had nothing to do with paying the rent?.

A Question for Mr Wonder,Turncoat,Knutsfordian,Paul and CJ.What's the reason for Vics being unable to pay the rent after the Jim and his family drop off the scene,if they had nothing to do with paying the rent?.
Toddy rightly refers to the "No pay , no play" condition for Vics to play at Wincham Park. At the open supporters meeting before Vics were allowed to return to the area, Mr. Harris stated that, in addition to the pay condition, Witton had received personal guarantees (from Vics fans ?) regarding the payments due. Have these guarantees been pursued by Witton and who were the mystery guarantors?

Have they Turncoat?.Or is it true they owe Witton money on the rent or are they payed up to date.
You still have not answered the Question,if Jim was not paying the rent why has the money dried up when his family connection was terminated?.

You really are an irresponsible representative of your club TB always causing malicious rumour and trouble !!!
Northwich Victoria are up to date on payments I understand, We as a club have never received money of James Rushe, the tenancy money has always come via Northwich Victorias bank account so fully traceable, perhaps any current issues are in part due to the solvency/admin event plus I guess losing Derek Nuttall as the main link man may have contributed to any issues. You might not like what is happening but Witton Albion remain open,legal and above board with any deal so do not try to taint us with your malicious rumours.

Lets make one thing clear CJ ,I am not a representative of 1874 never have I claimed to be my view's are my own and I don't speak for anyone else.Still no answer to the Question why did the money stop when the Rushe's left,is it a malicious rumour the the Vics chairman has said they can not pay the rent,so if they carry on playing there it will be for free is that a rumour or is someone else paying.When your accounts come out you should find out if they are up to date with their rent.

Back