• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

ARE WITTON IN FREE FALL

You may suggest that this thread is alive and kicking Toddy but may I suggest the Title is changed because at the moment it couldn't be further from the truth.

Sorry you did not get an award Charliebel,but you were just piped by vergil for the most promising new comer.
By the way it's not just about the results on the pitch this thread,some people believe it started when you became involved with a Mr Rushe.

Can I just say how proud I am to have received an award, many thanks Toddy! NOT however as proud as I have been to be a Witton fan this season (and five years ago when we last won promotion to the Evostick Premiership). Rushe fortunately is an irrelevance to all of the football family now anyone in any sphere of life would do well to keep well away from scum like him. Football clubs unfortunately continue to fall foul of "businessmen" like him who really don't have tuppence hapenny but talk the talk very slickly. I well remember Rushe on National Television for the FA cup run not so long ago with the two televised games at the Victoria....and at that very time he was destroying a once proud football club with his lies and fraudulent practice, what a piece of work he is. He ought to have been sent down for a lot longer than he was! Mind you Martin Rushe is STILL the sole owner of Vics and they are STILL in administration........sorry to go on!

A lot of what you say is true Wittonwonder,but the fact is some people at Witton did get the club involved with him.I have read your post of how you personally did not agree and I imagine many more of your fans did not either.The truth is Witton did and no matter how much some of you wish you had not the truth is your club will have to live with it.
By the way your award was well earned as were all the others.

toddy
thank you my award as most promising new poster.as a gesture of goodwill I am prepared to share my award with Charliebel if he would like to accept ? do the winners actually receive a prize?

I'm afraid this year virgil the only prize is the bucket of tripe for CJ and Paul,but who knows next year,but I'm sure Charliebel would be honoured to share it with you.

As a protest at being overlooked for any of these awards - I suspect anti-southern bias - I'm boycotting this thread.

Who's that cheering? Stop it! Now!

I'm southern (in an eastern kind of way) and I won. ;)

On another note, we've been watching Better Call Saul on Netflix over the weekend. In one of the episodes, Saul (Jimmy) was asked if he was still 'morally flexible'. I quite like that term. Just thought I'd say so here.o_O

I have been informed by the Judge,there was no north south divide Alan,you were considered for an award but piped by Blackie.

I'll accept the award as long as the judging committee (whoever they may be) sponsor a game at Wincham Park next season.

Its good to know that the Academy contains the full gamut of ethnicities required to allow a fair and unbiased distribution of awards and they are not just based on the residents of some bitter green and white enclave. The Academy's preemptive award of a green and white pot was well used on the Wincham Park terraces on Saturday and brought much joy and relief to the Albion faithful who filled it several times over :).

Toodle PIp - enjoy the summer !

There you are Knutsfordian,that proves you earned your award.
You may have used that pot on Saturday,but Witton were well and truly p---sed on by both green teams,4-1 on the pitch and with the rent money off the pitch.I'm not surprised you filled the pot your full of it.

Charliebel I have had a word with the Judge,and he said he is sorry,but he has to stay neutral so he can not favour either side.So it's up to you if you accept the award with no strings attached.

Is that the best you can do,oh dear Knutsfordian you are getting a bit pathetic now,I would have expected a better response.

Ok Toddy here's a question for . I appreciate you won our last fixture however if we put out our full side would you expect the same result.
If I'm being honest I don't think it would, this group of players Carl has put together are excellent and the best Witton Albion side I've seen in a long time

Honest answer Charliebel,no it would have been a much closer game and could have gone either way.But that was the side Witton put out to represent you and will go in the records as a win against Wittons first team.I'll ask you a Question,if as you Wittoner's say you put a weakened team do you think Witton disrespected the competition and the rest of the teams in it,also as some of the money generated from the competition goes into local football shows Witton in a bad light.Some people may say Witton have not shown much community spirit.I would be interested to hear the views of wittonwonder and GE also on this.

Repeat post from last month ................ Hi all - yes you won and yes we lost last night. No matter what the arguments, as some one once said to me, no matter the riights and wrongs of the game the morning Sentinal will still say 1-0 (or whatever the score) . It's how it is. We live by our decisions and the team we decide to play. Enjoy the glory and next year in the North West Counties league. You can talk up the rivalry, but you will never be Northwich Victoria FC and on that basis nothing really matters any more :)

Since then we have been promoted which more than justifies the team we fielded that night.

So Toddy, spend you summer being bitter and polish that cup and you never know you might even see promotion in the reflection :)

Don't think they disrespected the competition if that was the case they would of withdrawn all together from the competition the fact is they had bigger things to think about and achieve which they sadly did.

If we played to our full potential then no I disagree with you, I don't think you'd come close and I'm using games against Kettering Boston and Chester as evidence. If Carl keeps this squad together then we will do well next season.
To answer you're question it happens at all levels and is all about priorities. We had that many games at the end of the season it wasn't physically possible for all players to play every game. We suffered injuries and the players looked tired. I never expected to get as close to Shaw Lane as we did not because they were a better team (we were the best footballing side in the league) just for the sole reason of the amount of games we had to play.
As a club we do a lot for local football and community so sorry no I don't agree with your point about disrespecting it.

Back