• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

ARE WITTON IN FREE FALL

I do think that what some people write on this forum (even though its an independent one) can make us fans look petty and could potentially have a negative reaction on us being able to appeal to more fans, the constant threads and comments about vics are ridiculous Imo because we need to be putting all our efforts into doing a better job of promoting 1874 instead of writing about what vics are doing or not doing and wasting our time waiting for the FA to take notice of the finances at vics (probably won't happen though as the FA couldn't care less about non league football).

Reactions: Ben
One day vics will disappear and may or may not take w*tton with them, but I for one couldn't care less.

credit to Paul for joining in on here! Does rivalry really have to be so negative?

Cheers mate! I do enjoy the bantz with you lot, even if some of you hide in bushes and are a bit daft generally :pWish there was a bit more of it too, hopefully there will be again one day the town needs some fun back in local football!

One day vics will disappear and may or may not take w*tton with them, but I for one couldn't care less.
Oh miaowww Josh, claws are out tonight! Witton aren't going anywhere don't worry about that :singing

Josh, this is a thread about Witton under Other Footy, not about their tenants.

Personally I hope they get themselves sorted otherwise we'll have nobody local worth being rivals with

I would personally rather w*tton didn't go anywhere as I would love to have that rivalry with them but my point was that them being involved with vics could end very badly for them which to be honest would be their own fault and I wouldn't personally have any sympathy.

I do think that what some people write on this forum (even though its an independent one) can make us fans look petty and could potentially have a negative reaction on us being able to appeal to more fans, the constant threads and comments about vics are ridiculous Imo because we need to be putting all our efforts into doing a better job of promoting 1874 instead of writing about what vics are doing or not doing and wasting our time waiting for the FA to take notice of the finances at vics (probably won't happen though as the FA couldn't care less about non league football).
There's a logical reason for the constant JRFC 'discussions' and if you don't want to know or comment thats fine but what we shouldn't do is turn our backs on their farcical negative behaviour or they're run riot. Everything they do is financially and morally 'questionable' from their insolvent budget to their 50/50 fundraisers.

Keep your friends close but your enemies closer!

I also hope Witton sort their act out, in my eyes they are still the biggest club in Northwich but not Mid Cheshire ;)

Last edited:
my point was that them being involved with vics could end very badly for them which to be honest would be their own fault and I wouldn't personally have any sympathy.

No, your point was that we shouldn't spend our time debating JRFCs trials (I wish) and tribulations on here but should focus on 1874.
In itself a valid and defensible point, but not the one you make above in the quotation - and that is one with which I tend to agree. If they do suffer because of their tenants, then it will be all of their own making and it will be difficult to sympathise

Fantastic win for the mighty Albs tonight in the trophy. Wembley here we come (again) :singing:singing:singing

........ but the old Vics went to Wembley twice in one season - beat that!

Paul if Witton play at Wembley this year I will bare my arse in the Bull Ring.:happy

Looking forward to playing Wi**on next season in the league :) ...... and I don't think we will get promoted! So see them in the NWCFL Prem :D

Last edited:
Just got back off holiday saw the Witton result,don't know about free fall,looks they hit rock bottom.

Just been on the Witton forum,they have appointed a new manager,its unbelievable already moaning about him,talking about the chairman being replaced.The way they are going they will be lucky to get Donald Duck as manager,the only thing they have going for them at the moment is you know who saving them financially.How lucky we are to have the great fans we have,and management.

Back