• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

ARE WITTON IN FREE FALL

Can we close this thread. Who cares,this isn't interesting. Like Kit says let's concentrate on our own team.

Alan where's free speech now,like I was told if you don't like it don't read it.I think I do concentrate on our own.

I think I do concentrate on our own.
Yet the last two threads you created have been specifically about Witton Albion and Northwich Victoria.

Last edited by a moderator:
Toddy, 100% you concentrate on Our club would never doubt that. Just don't think it's particularly relevant.
Carry on!!

I know it was but I just wanted to put you right on a few things, which I hope I have ;)

Fair play Paul no hard feeling's,just a bit of old fashioned banter.

FA cup attendances have been dwindling at all levels throughout the country for years now and I suspect they are currently at an all time low. Great draw for us next round though at FCUM and there might just be an upset on the cards, who knows.

Yeah it would definitely upset me if W*tton won :nail

After last night the very poor gate,the terrible result and rumors the manager has gone,maybe this thread is not far from the truth.It must be very worrying for them to see the Dog and Duck team getting larger gates when they are both at home,and are now the best supported club in the area.It looks like we are on the way up and they are on the down.

Fortunately for them, they have been prudent enough to secure a reliable second income stream from their wealthy tenants. ;)

After last night the very poor gate,the terrible result and rumors the manager has gone,maybe this thread is not far from the truth.It must be very worrying for them to see the Dog and Duck team getting larger gates when they are both at home,and are now the best supported club in the area.It looks like we are on the way up and they are on the down.

Sorry Toddy, I take back my earlier comment. Maybe this thread has got more to come to make it interesting!

Gate 193 today,were are their fans why are they staying away?it must be very worrying.21 less than us the other night and 63 today,I bet they wish they had never called us a pub team in a Dog and Duck league.If their attendance keep dropping they will be the third best attended club in the area behind us and their tenants.

I think some Witton fans are beginning to realize that decisions made off the field have consequences.

To be fair, it was the Trophy, and rightly or wrongly those cup games attract fewer, especially in the early stages - our early home Vase fixtures last season were 40-50 down on league gates, and that was with a winning team.

As they started as a pub team maybe they are going back to their roots.

Just been on the Witton forum they really are bitter and twisted,one calling us green and white s---e must be uneducated as he could not spell it,also the same name for Vic's, must not have any principles as he does not mind grabbing their money with both hands.

The current situation makes me think even more that the biggest risk in the medium term to Witton is becoming dependent on Rushe' s money to sustain the club at a reasonable level.
I also believe that if you look back over the years the threat to both clubs is that gates are shrinking. 74's gates may have held up in the time we have been around but if you look back to even the latter years of just Vics and Witton when did you ever see a combined gate when both clubs were at home on the same day of less than 500?
In terms of attendances witton do not appear to have benefited at all from Vics sad demise and from a prolonged period of being the only club in the town. This surely means that 74 will struggle to expand their fan base as time passes as the interest in football in the area, at this level, is weakening.
I think 74 and Witton need each other for the rivalry in order to generate some interest. I also think it's quite sad that the banter between the two clubs on the forums is largely blinkered, childish and destructive. There seems to have been a complete humour bypass on Wittons forum but credit to Paul for joining in on here! Does rivalry really have to be so negative?
I'm sure not many people who are not committed to one team or the other read the forums, but if they do they must get quite a negative impression at times.

Back