• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Witton Tuesday Mid Cheshire

So therefore, with the old ting and yang thing....im very proud of my team to only lose in injury time to a team two divisions higher....therefore, they must be......

S

So they beat a very poor team 3-2 with an injury time goal....ummmmm!!

I believe Witton fans are currently suffering from what is now commonly known as 'Post Traumatic 1874 Disorder' and it may take them some time to fully recover from the experience of being made to look completely mediocre. ;)

Paul was't quite tonight should have seen me at the match.The reason I only posted once was,I read the crap C.J. posted on your forum and thought I'd better get some sleep before I posted something I'd regret.Is that man for real or is he your town joker you let on to make you all laugh(unbelievable) .On the game thoroughly enjoyed it especially the laughing policeman in the stand.Can't wait for the next meeting.

Last nights game had it all, the atmosphere was insane, especially the away end, the lads played their hearts out to try and cause an upset but that finish at the end was a moment of brilliance worthy to settle any game!

None of our fans or players can walk away from that game without their heads held high, proud of OUR side and fans performances last night.

Do find it amusing how Witton said we were awful but I've seen comments saying they would sign Wardy and Danny Thomas, can't be that bad if our players would improve your side?!

On to Ashton Athletic now, another massive game in a huge month for 1874!

Despite wanting to go couldn't make the game but interested to read both forums and the different takes on the game.

Sounds like despite the Witton Albion win 1874 gave them a scare!

Out of interest where has all this 'pub team' talk come from? Is this something a witton fan has said it is it something 1874 fans take the mick out of themselves with.

Hoping to get to an 1874 game soon as part of my groundhopping.

Yeah, some Witton fans decided to spend the week classing us and the NWC pub league level

Evil Eddie the pub team talk comes from remark's made by Witton fans calling us a pub team,in the near future the only game they will beat us at will be dominoes.

I have just been on their forum,dread to think what would have happened if they had lost(firing squads at dawn),but what must be the standard in their league if they do stay up.

Sounds like a plan fella but you'll have to bear with me as I travel from dorset for games, failing that then a pint in town sometime?
Yes either way, always up for a beer give me a shout when you're up here sometime. It might even be nice sometime in the future for both sets of fans to get together for an event, such as a supporters game or a quiz for example, and try and raise a few quid for our clubs/our charities/something in the community. I know you're finding your feet as a club but something like that might work and benefit us all in some way or another. Just a thought for the future anyway! :)

Yeh some kind of joint thing between the fans would be a good idea? A fans Derby like what josh Cookson suggested would be a good idea I think? Swap between winsford and whincham each year?

Believe Witton got a fright last night. Some good hearted singing in jest made it all the more enjoyable. Good to see Matt Conkie in with us, also good to see reds and greens side by side in some places.

As a green I think Wittons class probably told in the end but our lads gave it a good go!

Strange team selection from Ian, going 3 at the back left us open.

Strange leaving Duckworth out too unless he was injured as some reports have suggested.

Man if the Match for me was Matt Woolley. Kept the team ticking.

Good to get a local derby back in town or Wincham....

Back