• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Witton Tuesday Mid Cheshire

Very proud of our pub teams grit and determination 2nd half tonight. Just back and still thrilled.

Special mentions for Thomas and Mitchell, both fantastic!

What was up with Duckworth, injured?

Who was the keeper? Where from?

Referee was fantastic tonight as well. Firm on both teams.

Looking forward to Mr Buckleys comments!

What a fantastic performance from 74, especially in the second half. We matched them for long periods, despite Witton fielding virtually the same side from their league game on Saturday. We out sung and outnumbered them, not bad for a pub team. They looked sharper than us to begin with but we bridged the gap as it wore on and would have been well worth extra time. The decision to send Brandon off was terrible, he was looking to even it up and word should be saved for their keeper too, he was an absolute joker.

Proud to be green tonight!!

Filmed the game, will try to get it onto youtube before the weekend, busy bee this week! But what a game! Will enjoy doing the second half at least!

Unbelievable effort and we got them really rattled for a while, it would be great if we could organise a pre season game against them every year and we could alternate it between the BS and their place and could maybe get a cup sorted (similar to that supporters direct shield that we won against AFC Rushden)

The town team won, which is red ;) Hope you enjoyed it though would rather derbys against you than V*cs any day! UTA
Hope you don't expect that kind of turnout for a v*cs home game ;)
Good luck with the rest of your season though genuinely don't want Witton to go down this year

Hope you don't expect that kind of turnout for a v*cs home game ;)
Good luck with the rest of your season though genuinely don't want Witton to go down this year
I'll make a deal with you mate I'll come watch an 1874 game with you sometime in the future if you'll do the same with me at witton? Good luck for the rest of the season too, nice to have some rivalry and banter back in town ;):scarf:

I am a Witton supporter and it was great to see a derby game atmosphere back tonight after a long time without it. The town needs these sort of games. Result apart I thought it was a very good game, Witton got the lead and 1874 played well to come back into the game. Witton then fought hard 10 against 11 for the majority of the 2nd half. Personally I hope this is the start of a regular fixture in years to come. Certainly don't agree with some comments that both teams were poor, great cup tie that could have gone either way in the end.

Really enjoyed the game tonight. Thought we gave the Red half (third!) of town a real run for their money.

Some great fighting qualities shown by our players tonight. Thought after they went 2-0 up we played better. The remainder of the first half and for the majority of the second we were on top. A few mentions of outstanding performances from Mitch and Danny at the back and Wooley in the middle. There were more but those three stood out for me.

Just a mention for our goalie. Was always going to be a hard debut, heaven knows what he thought he had let himself in for. He certainly tried hard all through the game and didn't let the first goal, where I thought he should have come for, get to him. He made some great saves from shots and did clear some crosses with some unorthodox punching. Fair play to him, he can hold his head up high tonight. Remember he played against a team at least 3 divisions higher than he is used to.

I thought the Ref was very inconsistent tonight with his interpretation of fouls and bookings, but his overall running of the game was just about ok. Agree with most in respect of their keeper who should be ashamed of himself.

Great atmosphere on the terrace helped by Mr Conkie!

If we can show this commitment on Saturday we will come away with a win for certain.

I'll make a deal with you mate I'll come watch an 1874 game with you sometime in the future if you'll do the same with me at witton? Good luck for the rest of the season too, nice to have some rivalry and banter back in town ;):scarf:
Sounds like a plan fella but you'll have to bear with me as I travel from dorset for games, failing that then a pint in town sometime?

Also very refreshing for both sets of fans talking about the football again rather than recent events off field

Back