• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Witton Tuesday Mid Cheshire

Vicki and Toddy are very quiet tonight?:singing
Not on the terraces we weren't kiddo!!

Proud of my Club last night, the boys on the field and my fellow 74 supporters. And our very own Matt Conkie, what an absolute legend.

I enjoyed great banter with the reds, was pleased to see old friends from the dark side and catch up with people I have a lot of respect for, like my old boss Pete Robinson.

Fair play to Sully too, good words at the end.
There are some damn good Wittoners, I hope for their sake that they easily remain in the Prem.

How fantastic to be part of a green/red derby again.

I have to say, I'm the luckiest Football Secretary in the world to be involved with such a wonderful Club.

Not on the terraces we weren't kiddo!!

Proud of my Club last night, the boys on the field and my fellow 74 supporters. And our very own Matt Conkie, what an absolute legend.

I enjoyed great banter with the reds, was pleased to see old friends from the dark side and catch up with people I have a lot of respect for, like my old boss Pete Robinson.

Fair play to Sully too, good words at the end.
There are some damn good Wittoners, I hope for their sake that they easily remain in the Prem.

How fantastic to be part of a green/red derby again.

I have to say, I'm the luckiest Football Secretary in the world to be involved with such a wonderful Club.

My heart too was bursting with pride last night. The whole 'team' were magnificent from start to finish and the result apart it was a testimony to how far we have come in such a short space of time.

Outnumbered them, out-shouted them and at times out played them.

Some Albion fans might have said that it didn't matter to them before the game, but their reaction when their winner went in told a far, far, different story.

But fair dos to quite a few Wittoners, they admitted that we gave them a hell of a fright and were impressed with how good we were - and that was without Conkie and Beadle!

Speaking to the players in the bar afterwards, they were blown away by the support from the terraces.

Agree with Alan Riding that praise must be given to our 'emergency' keeper Neil McDermott.

To be pitched into such a game at such short notice having never even met his team mates is tough, but I thought he did incredibly well and made a cuople of cracking saves!

But back to reality on Saturday with a key and important game v Ashton. Need three points to almost secure third place (which we would have been delighted with at the start of the season!) and to keep the pressure on Glossop and Linnets.

Yeh some kind of joint thing between the fans would be a good idea? A fans Derby like what josh Cookson suggested would be a good idea I think? Swap between winsford and whincham each year?
Good idea I know a few of the lads that play for our supporters team so I'll ask around and maybe we can get something going in the future.

Was originally thinking about the two first teams and not the supporters teams playing in a charity match, but I don't know how happy the managers of both teams would be with that due to the physicality of the game before the season starts, so a supporters team game would be the next best thing

Was originally thinking about the two first teams and not the supporters teams playing in a charity match, but I don't know how happy the managers of both teams would be with that due to the physicality of the game before the season starts, so a supporters team game would be the next best thing

There was talk a while back of the MCSC being pre-season games in the future, more of a round robin type tournament with all the other local clubs. I think that would be a good idea as it would give the teams some pre-season training and with the state of pitches/fixture pile up at this time of year its not easy to fit these fixtures in. Not sure how far the idea got though or if it was brushed under the carpet.

It's a pretty redundant tournament when you consider we have the CSC. Could be more a tournament for development squads

I think if it were to be played as a pre-season game every year it would lose some of the edge that it had the other night. Pre-season tends to be a bit of a drab affair and if we were to do it each year I think it would be a bit more of a showcase than a full blooded derby.

I would definitely like to see more derby days though, still coming down from that the other night!

Witton fan here in peace, just wanted to say what a very special game this was, one which we can all be very proud of. You 1874'ers had us outnumbered and I was impressed with the spirit of you all, fans and team. I just wish we were groundsharing with you rather than those "others". Please don't wish relegation upon us we are struggling to stay up as best we can, and all the best to you for the rest of this season!

Back