• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Witton 3-0 & relegation confirmed

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
5 Game Player
Jun 24, 2013
Daft goals conceded, missed chances after Witton put their feet up & Isaac my Mom.
We looked ok ish with Isaac, Tinashe & Jesus up front but Witton were far sharper up front

Oh, and this…

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Edge, a pretty fair summing up by you. shame about the other stuff. Much rather play Witton.

Well I could have written the story on this game before it kicked off.
Just the same as the previous …xxxx………games. Only plan we have is 1 forward and pack the defence and midfield and hope for the best. And that system didn’t work either.
Even when Witton ( who incidentally were far superior to us) eased off at the end and gave us a few chances we didn’t have anyone able to put them away.
Thought Wannacott , Fenton and Ibeto were our best players today.
Lots of effort and sweat which I appreciate but for me as a loyal 74 supporter a thoroughly depressing afternoon.
I only hope we have better plans for next season than we had for this.

It’s been a tough season to watch, whether it be on the terraces or following our fortunes from home. Deep down we’ve known that relegation was pretty much on the cards. I’m sure the Board will already have discussed plans for next season, which members will become privy to on Thursday evening.
A bitter pill to swallow particularly with confirmation happening at Wincham Park. Yes there will have been some who will have taken great pleasure from it, but if the boot had been on the other foot we’d have shown similar delight, wouldn’t we? Anyone remember the wooden spoons which greeted Witton’s departure in 1994🤔

I should have put a few quid on us being relegated at the start of the season.
It was absolutely clear that with very poor recruitment, that we would struggle.
Not sure how we come back from this, but let’s hope we can regroup and go again.
A very difficult period ahead and we will need to all pull together

I know I will get abuse but sod it...
We have 2 northwich teams struggling, surely it's time to let bygones be bygones and come together..
And yes I do know what went on before and why 1874 was created..
Our name used to be held in high regard within football not anymore.
Let abuse commence

Been coming since the p*ss poor recruitment in the summer. No problems with any of the players they gave it their all throughout the season but unfortunately we haven't been good enough. Big chance to regroup in the summer with a new manager and new squad and hopefully we can bounce back at the first attempt.

We have 2 northwich teams struggling, surely it's time to let bygones be bygones and come together..
Let abuse commence
First things first, relegation is usually deserved as you have found out (and before anyone shouts foul yes we deserved ours too). Its the culmination of years of bad planning, bad luck, bad finances and hand to mouth existence that manifests itself in one campaign. And unfortunately to reverse that position, the opposite is true. Unless your really lucky, or have bags of cash, its a long way back. So a long summer will bring reality and no doubt a lot of deep thinking. I am still not sure that community mutual owned teams can cut the mustard, but that's your Easter cross to carry. Best regards to the management team especially Vicky England who has been an absolute gem for you guys - your lucky to have her.

Then comes the hard part. 1874 vs Northwich Vics in a league 5 divisions (?) below where Vics were in their heyday. This is covered elsewhere endlessly, but now oblivion beckons for both teams - and I say that not from malice, but just the realistic prospect of raising enough money within your group to pay a team, pay expenses and mount a challenge. I've been a vitriolic critic of NVFC over the years, but since the groundshare I have to say I have softened !! it really is time to have that chat as Driftwood notes.

First things first, relegation is usually deserved as you have found out (and before anyone shouts foul yes we deserved ours too).
I don't think you'll find a single 74 fan that thinks we don't deserve to go down. We've been utterly woeful for 18 months.

Then comes the hard part. 1874 vs Northwich Vics in a league 5 divisions (?) below where Vics were in their heyday. This is covered elsewhere endlessly, but now oblivion beckons for both teams
Why does oblivion beckon for us? We're being relegated and it's our 3rd highest league finish in our history.

I'd quit watching football before sharing a terrace with them t***s. They have nothing we want and nothing we need. We'd lose more fans than they bring us, and their club is literally begging for cash to survive.

Let abuse commence
No thanks I would rather fold the club than have anything to with them lot

Reactions: Tez
It’s been a tough season to watch, whether it be on the terraces or following our fortunes from home. Deep down we’ve known that relegation was pretty much on the cards. I’m sure the Board will already have discussed plans for next season, which members will become privy to on Thursday evening.
A bitter pill to swallow particularly with confirmation happening at Wincham Park. Yes there will have been some who will have taken great pleasure from it, but if the boot had been on the other foot we’d have shown similar delight, wouldn’t we? Anyone remember the wooden spoons which greeted Witton’s departure in 1994🤔
Tez, clearly Witton hadn't forgotten. When we walked around before the game there were quite a few youngsters behind the goa; holding wooden spoons and I didn't understand why. Now I do.

Enjoyed that….Great attendance, lots of Wittoners and a real positive vibe at the club. You lot must be very envious. 😉

Yes happy with the win, we should have been out of sight at half time.
I can see what you've been talking about all season. Your number 9 was very isolated and was starved of any service.
Was a little dissapointed we took our foot off the gas towards the end but a three nil win in a local Derby is pleasing.

I'll pass on merging with them thanks. They have literally nothing to bring to the table, are on their knees and at games do nothing but try to cause trouble.

They have previously had club officials operating turnstiles and knowingly letting their own fans into our away end to cause trouble.

They have a club official that laughed at us when we raised with them that their fans tried to start fights back at the game in January.

They have previous history of not sacking a manager that was found guilty by the FA of homophobic language whilst in charge.

A good portion of their fans stood by a previous chairman and supported a club that was being ran by a man that was later convicted for dealing class A drugs.

A relegation hurts, but we absolutely do not need any of them lot to help us to survive. Get the appointment of a new manager right, get a collective effort off the field and next year we will be just fine.

As for them...they better hope that Leyton Orient fans are feeling generous on the just giving page again - because nobody in Northwich has any time for their begging anymore.

A sad day for the club but I think we all knew this was coming unfortunately. We have been very poor for 18 months now. Lost too many good players and not replaced them.

I hope now that we can reset, get the right manager in and build a squad capable of challenging for promotion. Sometimes in life you have to take a step back to move forwards.

Up the 74! :scarf:

You’ve been relegated, you’ll never own your own ground, you haven’t scored a home goal since literally last year and your gates appear to be dwindling. Wouldn’t spend too much time pondering the pint pot deposit…

Enjoyed that….Great attendance, lots of Wittoners and a real positive vibe at the club. You lot must be very envious. 😉
Not really. You exist at the whims of your Chairman and shareholders. We all know how that has historically worked out for you😉
All that said, best of luck with the play-offs.

Back