• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

well done glossop...

To be fair to Lee Jones he is no more a repeat offender than other players,he has been sent off once and booked four times this season.It just goes to show how competitive we are as a team.And in fairness to him what he did was just the same as a Aldershot player did in the F.A.Cup game against Rochdale on Saturday for a yellow card.

Fact is Toddy no player should be putting himself in that position knowing the importance of the match.
8 red cards, god knows how many yellows and we're not even half way through the season, great football with great results but it's all being undone by a lack of discipline and self control.

Maybe this result will be a lesson, maybe in the long term it will be a good thing?

Maybe this result will be a lesson, maybe in the long term it will be a good thing?
You learn more from a defeat than you do a win, look at how the side has changed since we lost away at Prescott Cables in the FA Cup!!

The point I was trying to make Tony,was Lee's record is no worse than anyone else's.And let's not forget these are young men playing with passion,and it's not always easy to control yourself in the heat of the moment.
Another thing to consider is,we may not be as successful with out that commitment to the team and club.And how many of use can say they have never reacted to a situation in the heat of the moment?.What would we on the terrace's say if a player did not give his all on field for the team?.

The point I'm trying to make Toddy is that 8 red cards in the first half of the season is unacceptable. There is a lack of discipline in our team and it needs sorting out by the manager.

There is also a lack of discipline on the terraces that also needs sorting out, especially those that can't hold their ale.

Have we identified the Runcorn Town spitter yet, the fan that let the club take the shit for his despicable actions?

Only personal opinions but I'm getting slightly pissed off with the fluffy cloud mentality of 'Don't upset the players'. If the players can't take the criticism they should change their attitudes and walk away from confrontation or walk away from the club.

Last edited:
Bleeding eck. Coming from somebody who has been no stop attacking vics officials, volunteers and supporters over the last few years.

Think we need some discipline on the forum - never mind the pitch!
Suppose u get that from the red half of sheffield

Think we need some discipline on the forum - never mind the pitch!
Suppose u get that from the red half of sheffield
Gents, can we stop all this, it's really doing more harm than good.

We have lost 1 game since early September, yes we are all disappointed but please let's be realistic.

Myself and the players are not professionals at this and will make mistakes but some of the comments that are being said are a bit over the top.

The way to support our club is by encouragement from everyone..!

Sometimes Ian, I think we all forget that we are a NWCFL club and not a Conference club. It's the nature of the beast I suppose and the fact of where we have come from and where we want to get back to. Football fans have always had very short memories and are incredibly impatient - look at the ground situation for example. People just can't seem to understand that it won't be a quick fix and seem to think the council or whoever should just wave a wand and we will be back in Northwich.
It's the same with the team - you are only as good as your last performance. I'm just glad that you are in charge mate and not Alan or Phil! ;) Don't let the criticism get to you, rather use it as motivation to prove them wrong.
I know I speak for 99% of us when I say we are very proud of you and the team you have assembled. The other 1% are only happy when they're miserable :D.

Sometimes Ian, I think we all forget that we are a NWCFL club and not a Conference club. It's the nature of the beast I suppose and the fact of where we have come from and where we want to get back to. Football fans have always had very short memories and are incredibly impatient - look at the ground situation for example. People just can't seem to understand that it won't be a quick fix and seem to think the council or whoever should just wave a wand and we will be back in Northwich.
It's the same with the team - you are only as good as your last performance. I'm just glad that you are in charge mate and not Alan or Phil! ;) Don't let the criticism get to you, rather use it as motivation to prove them wrong.
I know I speak for 99% of us when I say we are very proud of you and the team you have assembled. The other 1% are only happy when they're miserable :D.
The reason myself and the players are at the club was because it was great to hear that the fans were over the moon to be back just watching football and a smile had returned to their faces, if we don't have that then we are just another club.

We ALL have to dust ourselves down and go again, I appreciate we all have different opinions on who should play and in what formation etc etc, that's what football is all about, but sometimes knowing the facts behind the scenes that prevent that player playing need to be known.

I have a squad and it needs to be used sometimes otherwise we won't have a squad..

Ian you are the manager and as your record show's a very good one,we have a grand bunch of lads,I am enjoying my football more now than I have for many years,keep up the work.

Only having a bit of banter with Tony won't bother anymore
I wasn't commenting on your banter with Tony, don't really know how to do these replies cos I don't normally comment, it was more a general observation of the feelings and comments that were on here.

Please don't think the lads aren't affected by what they read.

Vicki and Brian will tell me off for coming on here now but i couldn't sit back and not say anything.

I wasn't commenting on your banter with Tony, don't really know how to do these replies cos I don't normally comment, it was more a general observation of the feelings and comments that were on here.

Please don't think the lads aren't affected by what they read.

Vicki and Brian will tell me off for coming on here now but i couldn't sit back and not say anything.

Cheers Ian, by the way I think u & each & everyone of the lads are top drawer - keep doing what u all do best.
I think I speak for many people when I say that you guys have actually changed my life (sad I know) win , lose or draw I have nothing but respect for all of u. Think my missus thinks I love u lot more than her!, don't tell her but I think she might be right .... Only kidding ... About the same though

You learn more from a defeat than you do a win, look at how the side has changed since we lost away at Prescott Cables in the FA Cup!!

25 GAMES UNBEATEN THIS TIME!!!

Appreciate your thoughts here Ian, along with the efforts of yourself, Paul and the lads out on the pitch. While fans are entitled to voice an opinion and (naturally) be downcast when we lose, we also all need to remember where we are and where in our short history we've come from; but it's a difficult one at times in the heat of the moment for some of us perhaps ;)

Now on to Saturday; if you could fix it for us to nail another win, it'll make the journey across from the Middle East all the more rewarding :scarf: .... No pressure though ;):D

As always we will be doing our best to get the 3 points on Saturday, the lads will want to put disappointments behind them and it's a lot easier for me and for them to lift themselves by knowing that we are all together.

I'm going to sign off now cos it's not really my place to be commenting on here, nice to speak to you all and I hope that some of what I have said has been of some use.

Bleeding eck. Coming from somebody who has been no stop attacking vics officials, volunteers and supporters over the last few years.

Justifiably as well Colin and that will continue, so if you can't take the flak, keep your head down.

Back