• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

well done glossop...

Blackie

Too much time on my hands
Aug 5, 2013
For conning, cheating and whinging you way into the next round.
Theatrically trained in every dive and fall, complete with sound effects!
We proved we are too much a match for them with 11 so they resorted to plan b...and the ref fell for every trick!
Well done!!

Yeh we'll done glossop, yes they had a tendency to let's say overact, but what the hell were are lot doing. We just seemed to go out from the first minute wanting kick out & argue. We were as poor today with our attitude as I have ever seen us, don't get me wrong effort was there , but our mentality was like watching a Sunday league team.
It is bad enough losing but to lose our heads like that is worse.

No complaints about the :redcard, Lee Jones raised his arms. The Glossop player might have kicked out at him but there was no need for his crazy reaction.
We missed Tandy, Beadle & Bayley today, but I thought Mike Brandon was outstanding stuck up front alone, often without a green shirt within 20 yards.

And a special mention for the Glossop keeper - what a complete pillock.

Yes we can blame the ref, the linesmen, the pitch, the other teams dramatics, etc etc
But it could and should have been 5 today
Our disclpline is poor - thats what lost us the game!
The players and staff need to face up to the fact and address it quickly !!!

Was an even game at 11 v 11, and if it would've stayed that way we would've had a chance for a result.

But the sending off was disgusting behaviour from Jones. Second time he's been sent off for similar actions.

Is he the kind of player we want to see in a green shirt?

Kev you are right our discipline is dreadfull, We would have been more than a match for them with 11.
Ref was worse than awfull and seemed to only show yellows to us.
Real shame Beads wes not well can't lose a player like that.

It should have been 5!???
Until we went down to 10 glossop looked no better than any other team we've played this season.
It easy to create when you have an extra man!!

Was an even game at 11 v 11, and if it would've stayed that way we would've had a chance for a result.

But the sending off was disgusting behaviour from Jones. Second time he's been sent off for similar actions.

Is he the kind of player we want to see in a green shirt?

Errrrr!!...no!
Never rated him tbh.

Yes 5 !!!
Admitely we were pushing forward but they had 2 one on one chances in the 2nd half, even before they scored the 2nd!
+ hit the woodwork

Simple fact is that no team can afford to play a free-scoring side like GNE with 10 men for 75 minutes. I suspect they did their homework very well and executed their match plan accordingly, for which you have to give them some grudging credit.

Out of interest how many of our 9? red cards have been straight reds?

Have to say that the ref spoiled a fantastic goal for the visitors today in the closing minutes when Conks was spotted off his line and the lad did him from inside his own half, only to be pulled back cos he "wasn't ready". How pissed off would we have been if the shoe was on the other foot at that?

Agreed Chubbs! Best thing we can do now is put this behind us but also use this as an incentive to go and win the league! Come on Northwich!!

Out of interest how many of our 9? red cards have been straight reds?
Don't quote me but I think 8 have been straight reds.
Paul Connor got two yellows at the Runcorn game, the second for rolling the ball back to their player.

The fact is that we got what we deserved today and it could and should have been more than 3-0, it would be nice to think that we can win this league but can we really afford to at this early stage of our existence?

Eight straight reds? Given we're only half way through season too, simply just isn't good enough.

Old adage I know, but at least we can concentrate on the league. Whoever won today, it was always likely to be a mixed blessing. Glossop have at least one more Saturday where they can't play a scheduled league game (doubtless there is scope for us to pencil in an alternative fixture on the 15th now) and obviously that's also not taking into account the inevitable postponements ahead as the winter weather takes hold. We may not win the games in hand we have, but the prospects of doing so are surely all the better for not having the distraction of the Vase. ...... Crumbs of comfort I know. ;):scarf:

Reactions: Ben
The fact is that we got what we deserved today and it could and should have been more than 3-0, it would be nice to think that we can win this league but can we really afford to at this early stage of our existence?

Too early to think about winning the league, but as to can we afford it? Yes of course we can, but we'll budget within our means ;)

Glossop did much better today than last time but what was jones doing, that cost us the game. Too long to play against a good team with only 10. Do the club fine players?

First goal looked off side. 2nd goal, what was Matt Conkie doing? Catch the ball! Third goal and game was over

Still lots to play for this year

Back