• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

well done glossop...

Team selection yesterday obviously up to streety & if it is good enough for him fine by be. The bloke puts 110% into OUR clubs & what he does behind the scenes is staggering. Woolley played centre back in the league game, didn't hear anyone moaning then. Bayley came off at Stockport & big kev hasn't played for weeks.
We were lucky to finish with ten men yesterday some of the off the ball stuff we were doing was beyond belief!

Reactions: Tez
How can we talk about our teams lack of discipline when some of our own fans behaviour and language is just as bad. Yestetday I heard shouts of 'wheelchair' and 'carer' aimed at their goalkeeper, disgraceful.

Players and fans are passionate about 1874 but without discipline and self control passion is meaningless.

Just seen some highlights from the Aldershot and Rochdale still going on.One of the Aldershot players did exactly the same as Lee Jones did yesterday,only got a yellow card.

At the end of the day our two big Vase games we were playing both with 10 men, Ok in Bishop we won anyway but still it's crazy to get sent off in these important games, with eleven we can keep up with most teams but losing a player just makes it so much harder, I am proud of our team in mostly everything but discipline is just not good enough.

Discipline isn't great, jones is a repeat offender, maybe streety needs to make an example out of him?

I think this result needs to be put into context. It was our first defeat in 21 games, meaning we had to lose at some point. The performance wasn't terrible by any means - the effort was there for all to see and I thought we competed quite well, even with ten men. It could have been a different outcome with 11 men and yes, it was our discipline which cost us again yesterday.

Our club has come so far in such a short period of time and maybe that has raised expectation a little too high?

Take for instance our league record. We have lost just FIVE league games out of a possible 56 since our existence, winning 41 of them. That in any team's books is phenomenal.

well said Ben, Just think people are dissappointed to lose a big game potentially in a moment of madness.
We will all be back tuesday.

Reactions: Ben
Discipline isn't great, jones is a repeat offender, maybe streety needs to make an example out of him?
No one should be " made an example of ". Only one man can make decisions regarding who plays and who does not, THE MANAGER. He knows his players better than anyone else and I am sure that all matters will be dealt with in the correct place, THE CHANGING ROOM.
End of story.

On the game itself I really thought that GNE outstanding player in both games against us has been the lad who scored their final goal, Eddie Moran, ran his socks off and took his goal a treat.

We competed well enough with 10 men, and for part of the second half you could hardly tell we had the man disadvantage until the second goal went in.

Not much to be said about GNE keeper other than very unprofessional and he's stoked the coals for the return leg already (as if it wasn't going to be a massive game anyway!?).

Same with the Lee Jones incident other than potentially he needs a stint on the sidelines to reflect on his pretty poor discipline record as in the big games every man counts. Against lesser opposition you may just get away with it, but against the stronger teams you will be punished (as we were).

We go again and i'm sure the team are itching to get back to winning ways.

Reactions: Tez
Obviously not there yesterday, so can anyone elaborate on what were the particular antics from the goalkeeper which seem to have upset so many posters? Was it all unprovoked stuff or was some of his reaction in response to crowd banter?

Obviously not there yesterday, so can anyone elaborate on what were the particular antics from the goalkeeper which seem to have upset so many posters? Was it all unprovoked stuff or was some of his reaction in response to crowd banter?

1st goal he ran over towards our fans and started celebrating. That and a couple of other things which some posters may remember better than me. Think he was baiting and got a reaction, which I imagine is what he wanted. Unprofessional, but there we go.

Ok here goes.....(note to self, plan to be shot down)

Lots of valid points appear on this Forum, I appreciate that it's the place for people to debate issues (just as many do in the pub after a game).

Our management team and players work hard for their club. They are disappointed about yesterday, they would have liked to have gone further in the competition.

Individuals make mistakes, sometimes it doesn't come off, not often are we beaten. Perhaps we could remember when passing judgement, that the majority of the time, players and team performances are pretty good, aren't they? #20unbeaten

My only wish is that as much coverage is given on here or the other social media sites, about the games that we win, where we see good performances by the team or by individuals. Or even about the decent draws.

Let's get behind the lads to start a new run from Tuesday.

Now the 74

To be fair, Vicki, the BA victory got 56 posts, yours was 53 on this thread! ;)

It is in the nature of fans to debate more intensely a game and result such as this one.

How can we talk about our teams lack of discipline when some of our own fans behaviour and language is just as bad. Yestetday I heard shouts of 'wheelchair' and 'carer' aimed at their goalkeeper, disgraceful.

Players and fans are passionate about 1874 but without discipline and self control passion is meaningless.

Will have to agree with tony on this one people should really think What the say as you don't what people are stored around you as full time care of myself I did not find it funny one bit and I'm pretty sure It come from the boardmember

Will have to agree with tony on this one people should really think What the say as you don't what people are stored around you as full time care of myself I did not find it funny one bit and I'm pretty sure It come from the boardmember

I think there was one shout, not from a board member though.
Whilst the shout was totally out of order it was good to some fans point out the error of his ways.

Also with their keeper wanting to fight everyone at the end I thought the fans showed great restraint.

Players & fans make mistakes, we need to make sure we learn from them.

There was too Shouts saying were is His wheelchair And one said were your carer which I do think was from a Board member There's just no excuses for fans to say thing like that to me thing like is on the same par as would if some said something racial just my personal opinion

It was just a bad day for all, for fans and players, move on now.

ONE DEFEAT IN THE LAST 20! Remember that this is our first ever year at this level, Glossop have been in this division and in and out of the Evo Stik leagues for a long time and Runcorn Linnets have patiently built a solid foundation and we have come a long and only after 4 months in the NWC Premier are in with a chance of winning the league!

Also keep in mind that 95% of us would of settled for mid table/top half this season...

Last edited:
Ian has done a fantastic job with our team throughout the 18 months or so. His record is excellent and speaks for itself. But there has been the odd poor performance in this time that I am sure he will acknowledge. On Saturday after the first goal and sending off we were chasing the game which was always going to be difficult.

In my opinion, I just felt he didn't have the right men in the right positions to give us the best chance in this particular game.

Disclaimer: These are my own thoughts, opinions from watching our team and should not be taken in anyway as a slant at our excellent manager or the club. But are definitely up for discussion on this forum!

To be fair to Lee Jones he is no more a repeat offender than other players,he has been sent off once and booked four times this season.It just goes to show how competitive we are as a team.And in fairness to him what he did was just the same as a Aldershot player did in the F.A.Cup game against Rochdale on Saturday for a yellow card.

Back