• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Vics Today

the whole shanigans started when someone as was mouthing off at the Vics fans at the final whistle, presumably a bit disgruntled with not winning, calling the Vics fans and manager drug dealers, was all hand bags really

the whole shanigans started when someone as was mouthing off at the Vics fans at the final whistle, presumably a bit disgruntled with not winning, calling the Vics fans and manager drug dealers, was all hand bags really
How terrible! I'm just thankful that JGFC fans responded in their usual manner, wouldn't want them breaking their hypocritical tradition :jawdrop:woot

£50000 can’t be too far off the mark, two years rent and wages (expenses).

Why not got the whole hog and make it 200k I'm sure some people will be stupid enough to believe you

Last edited:
How terrible! I'm just thankful that JGFC fans responded in their usual manner, wouldn't want them breaking their hypocritical tradition :jawdrop:woot
Same with you guys following it up with yours, I'm sure though the culprit will own up to it on here shortly,

Much, much better today.

We deserved the 3 points, 74 were the only side to play football, gutted to lose McGowan after 12 minutes to injury (hope its not serious)

We had loads of the ball, loads of chances, just switched off for a minute and we got punished.

Big players to return and it seems our performance levels are too!

On wards we go!

Not sure about loads of the ball and loads of chances...
My impression from the game was we took the lead from an excellent piece of opportunism from Scotty, but once he left the field, we didn’t really threaten their goal until the final 5 minutes. That said, I thought we looked very comfortable in defence, and I expected the game to finish 1-0 as neither team looked like scoring for long spells after. Sadly a bit of confusion, with Ben W not positioning himself correctly at the free kick, changed that.

On the shenanigans afterwards, sadly this is what spoils football (at any level) for many. Some folk may refer to it as banter, but I took my brother in law and niece along as they were visiting us over the bank holiday. Understandably she was very upset after witnessing the aggressive behaviour in the car park, and rather predictably when asked later if she wanted to go to a football match again, she said ‘no’.....

I don’t call it ‘banter’ when it’s witnessed by young children, I call it totally unacceptable disgusting behaviour.
I’m not apportioning blame to any particular club here either, I don’t know which team these individuals followed, I don’t care either, I just hate seeing young children being introduced to the game we love having to witness this, sadly another young fan lost.

Guys I feel like I should stand up and take responsibility for the unfortunate scenes at the end of the game yesterday.
It was myself who made the comment mocking the source of Vic's income after becoming frustrated at some of the remarks and insults being dished out by a small section of their fans.
It was a stupid throw away comment that I didn't expect to cause the level of uproar that it did, I obviously hit a nerve but looking back on it I should have just ignored them and left the ground.
With regards to the lads in the car park I do not have a clue who any of them are and in no way condone any actions they were involved in.
I sincerely apologise to anybody caught up in the whole mess, especially those with children and to the club as I’m fully aware that it does not paint a good picture of 74, which is regrettable.

Fair comments MTC.

At the begininning of last year I felt at the FA Cup games that the atmosphere was very civil.

However, that seems to have changed since the introduction of their gobshite managers.

Thanks for that. Verbal restraint can be difficult in the heat of the moment. Whatever was said should however not be used as a pretext for physical violence by others in the car park. It would appear from accounts that there were 3rd party elements at work.

Thanks for that. Verbal restraint can be difficult in the heat of the moment. Whatever was said should however not be used as a pretext for physical violence by others in the car park. It would appear from accounts that there were 3rd party elements at work.
I deeply regret anything that went on in the car park, none of that was ever my intention.
I do feel like the gentleman who initially took exception and his father, who grabbed hold of me by the neck of my jacket, need to re-evaluate attending such games however if they believe that opposing fans are not going to bring up embarrasing moments from their clubs history.

Reactions: Ben
The father and son duo were probably the ones who were already starting to gob off in the ground shortly after the full time whistle and I was heading past. If it's those they have what's commonly known as 'little man syndrome'.

Same with you guys following it up with yours, I'm sure though the culprit will own up to it on here shortly,
Fair comments MTC.

At the begininning of last year I felt at the FA Cup games that the atmosphere was very civil.

You got to be kidding me Andy. I was verbally threatened and physically assaulted by JGFC fans (Including Committee members) at the Away game and accosted by JGFC fans IN FRONT OF MY GRANDDAUGHTER'S at the Home game.

JGFC fans are COWARDS & TWO FACED SCUM.

The father and son duo were probably the ones who were already starting to gob off in the ground shortly after the full time whistle and I was heading past. If it's those they have what's commonly known as 'little man syndrome'.

I call it "Two Faced **** Syndrome"

The thing I did notice yesterday was they always move about in groups, it was a group of at least 10 led by the little older man who accosted me to tell me off.

That's why I came over and stood next to you Tony because they were stood near the exit intimidating our fans as they left. They only bully in groups, they'd shit themselves individually.

Performance-wise. I thought that's the best i've seen us play this season (missed the Whitchurch and Padiham games) but we are still a million miles away from coming close to the levels of pre Vase elimination standards we reached. Plenty of huff and puff in the middle of the park but lacking any real quality again.

Losing McGowan early was a big big blow and Beads looks far off being match fit. For me i'm still undecided on the 6.5ft keeper as for someone of his height he doesn't command his area well enough and his reluctance to come and claim balls into the box has caused us problems many a time so far.

According to the NWCFL Website

Tom Barrow - Committee/Director

20180828_140932.jpg

A better performance yesterday without doubt, although still room for improvement in my view - Pretty sure managment and the players would agree.

The game never felt safe at 1-0 and to be fair to them, Vics took their only clear cut chance in the second half to snatch a draw.

We looked threatening in the final 5 minutes, but never quite looked like having enough to snatch a winner - Aside from Beadle, our attacking options from the bench were very limited - On another day we'd have had Jackson / Kennerley to draft in, as well as Riley for some physicality / a different dimension.

That said if we'd have gone 2-0 up it was game over - Limited threat from Vics (we defended very well), but we didnt have enough to kill the game off - That for me is the area for most improvement, killing games off.

Felt for our lads who really wanted the win for us. We defended well against two forwards who have caused us problems down the years, but have to say both club's must be disappointed with their starts to the season. Regrettable scenes at the end, always a weird one that fixture - doesn't feel like a rivalry. I realise people have problems with their/our existence but I do wonder when it is that the jibes etc come to an end, and after the last game I do actually wonder if one day down the line we'll all be as one 'green team'. It seems like we're both trying to be the same thing but that thing might even be achievable as one.

Might just be that both Club's can offer something. Personally view their biggest problem is their name (in this generation) and 1874's problem is Vics. Maybe it might take key individuals around a table thrashing something out - a lot of head over heart. Might even be the greatest footballing story to come out of the town! Maybe this post is a load of rubbish!! ...:nail

I don’t think your post is ‘a load of rubbish’ at all. Sadly in our sport though, logic often comes a poor second. However it can be done, we only have to take a look at last seasons FA Cup rivals Ossett. Town and Albion have become Ossett United. They appear to be doing very well too, 3rd in their league and with bumper crowds, which surpass those of the previous numbers.
Reading their story is interesting, understandably they had hurdles to clear, and not everyone is happy, but the majority are, and they all now pull together for the same cause.
Now I realise I’ve only been here for just over 3 years, but I don’t see/hear much, if any, rivalry between the clubs, I’ve witnessed mainly hatred, and that’s not healthy for either side, and drives lots of other people away, as I sadly witnessed on Monday.
I see here two clubs, both homeless, vying for a very limited number of supporters, it’s quite sad in a way.

But like you say, if heads could rule hearts for a change, and with a fair dose of realism/logic applied, anything is possible......

Back