• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Vics Today

Blackie

Too much time on my hands
Aug 5, 2013
Disappointed.....yes and no
Yes with the score. Thought we were good enough to take 3 points today.
No with the performance and effort.
We did today what teams have been doing to us....hassle hassle hassle.
Defence looked solid and at last we seemed to get the ball up quick and not mess around at the back.
Gardner, Freakes and Jones having their best games so far this season.
Kaz did well, and Joe Wooleys work rate was top draw.
Back four look a better solid unit and too be honest, the goal was a lucky break.
Lost a bit up front once Scotty went off and would have liked to see us work the goalie more, but today was much much more like what we expect from the team.

Vics winning the title.....not a chance!!! If that's what paying stupid money gets you then let the muppet in charge keep wasting his cash!!
Still trying to work out how a dirty bas***d like Doran didn't get a red for his challange on Connors

Keep up that type of performance and the win will come....;)

Last edited:
Better overall performance but I still worry who is going to score the goals. Especially if Scotty out for a time. Not sure but looked like hamstring. Beads needs more game time to get fitter. Otherwise who will score ?

Ref bottled it big time with the challenge and the penalty shout, game of 2 halfs but not impressed with them, probably a fair result in the end, 50 away supporters is shocking but listening to them makes me realise why I follow 74.
Don't know what was going on outside but can have a guess.
We need more quality off the bench and is Scotty is out not sure where goals will come from.
See you Saturday.

Played really well first half, looks like scotty could be out for a few weeks, beads coming on gave him much needed game time to try and get fit and unfortunately that's the only way to get him fit is give him game time!
Second half we weren't as good and Vics got back into it. I like Kaz but he needs to toughen up a bit and be more vocal.
The equaliser came after Ben Woods came on for Joe and we switched off and let them take a short free kick without picking up on the left.
All in all enjoyed the game (except for a few Vics morons mouthing off).
Well done lads

Better performance today but we're short of options. The moment Scotty went off, we had nothing upfront. If Ben Woods is our only option on the bench, we have some issues. He's not good enough. Vics were nothing special either considering how much money they've spent. Certainly don't look like a promotion side.

Better performance today but we're short of options. The moment Scotty went off, we had nothing upfront. If Ben Woods is our only option on the bench, we have some issues. He's not good enough. Vics were nothing special either considering how much money they've spent. Certainly don't look like a promotion side.
Ben your last quote is music to my ears and I sincerely hope you are correct. Such a shame 74 couldn’t hold out but encouraging for you because they are a good side (hate saying that) Let’s hope this is the turning point but McGowan injury has to be a concern.

Sat in stand today and one of older regulars who likes a chat was talking occasionally to a chap in a seat next to him who I presume was a Vics fan? Anyway our bloke quite innocently said I wonder who is bankrolling Vics and the other guy blew up quote "what's the difference between a guy putting money into Vics and putting it into 74" he really was quite upset???? and a nasty sod!
Don't know if he was "someone" at Vics but everyone certainly seemed to know him!!
Many of the other Vics followers were aggressive (not all) and yes we have a few morons too - but thank go I chose the 74 way!

Vics have a very good squad, and certainly have splashed their cash.

Their problem is Wilkes and Pickup. They’re just not great managers.

Just Look at Padiham prior and post Wilkes leaving.

"Many of the Vics followers are aggressive" which I think come from their management team who are both small, loud, and aggressive men who provoke their fans which always ends in trouble and which happened again at the end of the todays game.

Personally I just wish they would sod off.

JGFC fans/owners aggression has nothing to do with their management team. Its in their fans nature, inherited from Jim Rushe. Wilkes and Pickup are just frustrated with the lack of return from their financial investment.

Saw Barrow Snr aggressively pointing his finger at you Tony, what was all that about and Tonge Snr red faced and ranting, did we run out of birtwistles pies?

They should all think long and hard now that they are co-owners of JGFC, what they've been threatening us with for the last 7 years can now come back and bite them on the arse.

Happy to have made the second half due to work commitments., Definitely 2 points lost today but happy to retain our 100% unbeaten record against JGFC.

Last edited:
Isn’t one the two mentioned currently a committee member?

Are they co-owners? Have they forked out the requisite £45? Mind you, it wouldn't change the mentality.

Thread deserves to be about the good performance today and not the morons who still think they are a "big club".

Much, much better today.

We deserved the 3 points, 74 were the only side to play football, gutted to lose McGowan after 12 minutes to injury (hope its not serious)

We had loads of the ball, loads of chances, just switched off for a minute and we got punished.

Big players to return and it seems our performance levels are too!

On wards we go!

Ben your last quote is music to my ears and I sincerely hope you are correct. Such a shame 74 couldn’t hold out but encouraging for you because they are a good side (hate saying that) Let’s hope this is the turning point but McGowan injury has to be a concern.
Not saying they don't have a good squad but I can only go off what I've seen. Vics were average at best today and 7 points from 5 league games and out of the FA Cup is hardly the best return from a team that has spent so much money. I'd put the likes of CoL and Runcorn Town above them and not a patch on Linnets from last season. Early days of course.

Back