• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Vics Today

I wonder if someone from JGFC is following our forum discussion regarding the CCC. I wonder if their fans were aware at the time that Derek Nuttall had the trophy valued with the intention of selling it to keep the club running after Rushe was sent down?

If they have any sense maybe they will issue some sort of statement, carefully worded in a conciliatory fashion, mainly for club reputation damage limitation, after all that's what an open and transparent community football club would do. All we've had to date is an offer by JGFC Chairman and Vice Chairman to attend the meeting to discuss the issue, that's not very open and transparent is it, then again who does that remind you of?

Last edited:
Don't hold your breath waiting for a statement. A meeting with Cheshire FA?

Alan I suggest you read Paul Lavell's The Formation of Northwich Victoria F.C. The True Story.It explains the history of the cup and how it went into the possession of the present Vics.I will gladly lend it to you it makes very interesting reading,and not just about the cup.

Last edited:
Alan I suggest you read Paul Lavell's The Formation of Northwich Victoria F.C. The True Story.It explains the history of the cup and how it went into the possession of the present Vics.I will gladly lend it to you it makes very interesting reading,and not just about the cup.

How can I get a copy of that book Toddy? The only thing I can find that resembles what you've said is in an Independent article from 1999.

20180831_075422.jpg

Back