• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Tyler Edwards

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just what happens at this level. Players will leave, it's down to the skill and knowledge of the manager to know the local football scene and get replacements in. Hopefully they will arrive after July 1st!
Confused.com...if everyone is signing our players now why do we have to wait till July 1st?

Confused.com...if everyone is signing our players now why do we have to wait till July 1st?

Because they've not. No one's signed anyone on until 1st July (unless they've signed permanent contracts).

Up until then anything they sign isn't worth the paper it's written on.

No one is signed until July 1 as that's when registration opens. Clubs are choosing to make announcements now, we will do ours early next week.

We've lost two good players. It's a shame but we have to accept they want to move up the pyramid. They go on good terms. Otherwise, to my knowledge, the majority of the team are back training hard and with them are a number of new faces.

I appreciate that it may be frustrating and some fans appear worried, but the lack of squad news shouldn't be taken negatively. It will be done when Ian is ready and at the moment, he's busy kicking them into shape!!!

Thanks for the explanation guys. Beads bettering himself at Colne is easily understandable, Tyler going to Vics!!...unforgivable!!.

It is simple Blackie.

At this stage in the season, clubs can announce 'signings' but until they are officially registered to that club - and no new registrations can be made until 1 July - then these are merely statements of intent by the club and / or player. So, unless they have signed legally binding contracts of employment, until the registration is logged with the FA, then technically both the club and player can walk away from any understanding / commitment that they may have had. So, both Matty Beadle and Tyler Edwards could change their minds and decide to rejoin 1874 and there would be nothing that Colne or JRFC could do about this.

Now, we all know that this scenario is highly unlikely, but it just emphasizes how important it is at this time of the season (indeed at all times of the season) that Streety and his management team keep their cards close to their chest and don't spout about who they have or haven't 'signed', just in case that another club gets wind of this and tries to sign the player that we are after.

There is no doubt about it that the loss of Beads and Tyler are big blows.

The former was a proven performer at our level whilst in his short time with 1874 Tyler had demonstrated what a good player he was. It will be interesting to see how he fares at a higher level so soon after spending time with us, but personally I think he has the ability to play at a higher level than even Vics can offer, so I'm surprised he has limited his horizons to Step 4 and not aimed for Step 3. Then again, I suppose that money - wherever it may come from - talks.

But as will soon become apparent, Ian and his team have worked very hard over the last few weeks to acquire a set of players that, allied with our existing squad, will again be capable of mounting a concerted title challenge whilst being competitive in the cup competitions too.

As my old chap used to say, which League title is won in July or August?

ALL-Breaking my golden rule here by going on line but as a father you can only take so much cr&p........
BLACKIE - Yeah , lottery winner

dream on, I hope it's a big slug of money as dentistry doesn't come cheap . Unfortunately throwaway comments on a forum do, particularly where knob jockeys are concerned . So let's examine a few things here - we are supposed to be a community club yet a player with a handful of appearances for the club defecting to JRFC is cherished more than a local one with over 100 appearances ? In fact last season , Matt didn't have a regular midfield partner for more than a handful of games at a time with various midfielders going missing at certain stages for mostly understandable reasons. Puts a little bit of pressure on the one regular that remains, different partners etc particularly as there are times when he may be asked to fill in at eg Centre half as well. Fortunately people that matter acknowledge that but by dissing players you are essentially dissing the manager and his excellent off field team .We have all seen the odd forum interjection from Streety and asked him why he even got involved but now I am following suit, much against my better instincts but I empathise with him now.
Blackie my keyboard warrior,loyalty and commitment doesn't appear to feature in your mission statement , you are the same Blackie that disappeared back into the JRFC wilderness to rediscover his 1874 mojo I believe ? Clearly you were even irritating Colin B and the remaining few Vics fans were pleased to see the negative back of you.
Now, unlike my son - I presume you mean Matt by the way (?) but maybe your unwarranted abuse extends to Jack 'cos it can't be to Joe (and you can understand why he won't play for 1874 when he sees your verbal filth ) - but unlike Matt , I can't simply turn the other cheek and giggle with the rest of the lads at the odd inane forum clown comment which of course they are all vulnerable to as they are all full time professionals earning a Saturday night kebab and 6 pints of beer for representing 1874, attending training and sharing the driving of their own cars to away fixtures, giving their best for this fantastic club and cause. By the way, I would have it no other way at this Step 5 level as we all know the perils of outliving your means which is why fund raising is important .I am sure you and I could figure out a way of financially rewarding the club.
BLACKIE, I won't be looking for the last forum , I've had my say so shoot but you can always contact me , Vicky has my mobile number .
MATT - sorry son I apologise for taking the bait, but keep your dignity . Respect lad.

Everybody has there opinions and is entitled to post and indeed respond but let's leave it here as we need to stay together, we are told good signings are coming so let's wait for the announcements, hopefully all the good work done on the pitch will help attract top quality replacements and additions anyway back to my sunbed

As "any in this league" sums it up for me, what happened to the " grand horizons" once talked of by "someone we know" , bit of as come down if you ask me !!.

Hi All... after reading this thread and people asking about signing, for what it is worth lol i have been training with the team and can confirm i will be signing on for you on the 1st of July . and am looking forward to what will hopefully be a successful season for both the players and the fans.. Cheers Eddie Moran

Thanks, Eddie,
Looking foward to a good entertaining season for all, regrettably good players have left for pastures new and good luck to them, but a new season means just that, I know that Ian will not have been slow in rebuilding the squad.
Cheers
Frank F

Hi All... after reading this thread and people asking about signing, for what it is worth lol i have been training with the team and can confirm i will be signing on for you on the 1st of July . and am looking forward to what will hopefully be a successful season for both the players and the fans.. Cheers Eddie Moran

Welcome to the club Eddie!

A big birdies told me Mitch is off to, as with Beadle if that's true, both will be big losses and big roles to fill....

This is all the eu's fault

So the thing about forums is that people are able to provide their 'opinion' based on what they believe (doesn't mean everybody will have the same opinion!!), sad to see Mike 'retire' (but wish him well for the future and thank him for his efforts whilst he wore the 1874 strip) and Beads and Tyler are a shame, but they will be replaced... personally, wasn't a massive fan of Beads, for me he played for himself and didn't put in enough effort for the team, yes he scored goals and as a striker that is what he was judged on and I know he was loved by many...... just not me! :) a decent player and scored goals and one of the best when he was in the mood, but wouldn't be the first name on the team sheet for me, I think there are times where we played well without Beads (either injury or work commitments) but then he walked straight back into the team and our performance levels dropped, however sad to see him go and I wish him every success at Colne, however, it wouldn't have been a shock to Streety and sure its all covered ........

Regards the comments about Matt Woolley, I think he is one of our most important players, he is not flash doing step-overs and trying to beat players 2 or 3 times; he is probably our most versatile player and being our skipper is not a coincidence; I actually prefer him at centre back alongside Craig, but he also does a solid job in the midfield and has played in other positions too.. not sure how many others could do the same job as Matt W......massively underrated IMHO! I hope he stays with us for a long time!! but then this is my opinion and am sure will differ from others on here.... but it is just that.... my opinion :)

Anyway, when are the season tickets going to be available??..... starting to get withdrawal symptoms... Euro's just not the same for me!

Echo the above comments re Matt Woolley.
A great club player who does the business week in week out.
Smashing lad as well.

Mitch going would really not be good on top of the others already announced he is probably our most consistent performer
Also welcome to Eddie

So is Mitch leaving a rumour or based on any fact? If so, where would he go?

Phil, would disagree about our most consistent performer.... Paul Conner for me every time..... work rate and commitment 100% every game, and never has a bad game!

Nice to be debating football related topics and not 'who haven't we paid this week' !!

You are right Simon, Paul and mitch probably most consistent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back