• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Trafford 0-4

Couldn’t make it today….surprised it was on tbh given the wet weather we’ve had. Big mistake not bringing in Baker…..he has worked a miracle at Newcastle who were sliding down the league fast before he was appointed.

Do we know that Neil Baker applied?

Apparently Neil Baker wasn't interviewed he just wanted to be appointed. Read into that what you will.

I normally try and look to the positives.

The 2 goals conceded in the first half were from our most positive passages of play.

I can't see us staying up. We need to look at building a squad ready to hit the ground running in the league below. Everything now needs to be focused on next season.

Reactions: Ben
Deflated. I think we all need to accept our fate at this point.

Performance, passion and character all lacking today.

Have to question why we had a LB at CM and pushed a CM up top when we had options on the pitch and bench who can play up front tbh.

A huge game today and we completely bottled it I’m afraid. Another shambolic performance.

Think we also need to accept our fate and start planning for next season and giving ourselves the best chance of hitting the ground running strong in the Midlands.

For me, Damian is not the man for that.

Only one word for today, abysmal. Team had no method, play our best defensive midfield up front whilst a promising young centre forward parks his arse on the bench, unbelievable. Board taking a punt on a manager with no experience has backfired spectacularly. Team today were mostly his signings says it all. Relegation is a certainty so we need to plan for that. Trouble is its hard to plan when its probably the Midland but still possibly the NWCL. What is for certain is this manager wont cut it.

Today was an absolute disgrace. Bottom line is the team is still not good enough. It is now up to the club and the board to make sure that they are prepared for the Midlands League and grow the club again from this position. Currently however, due to the last 18 months I have little faith that this will happen.
I hope I am proved very wrong.

I don't care what the scorelines are from now to the end of the season. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE PUT TWO PLAYERS UP TOP AND PREFERABLY NOT OUR DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER.

That is all.
Said this last season and early this with the previous management regime but to no avail.

I had hoped that having watched us before being interviewed/ appointed Damian would have read the room and realised that the fans wanted a change in style and emphasis on the park as much as a change in personnel. But not only has this not happened, but the tactic of playing Matt W as No9 without anyone alongside him is just completely baffling 😡

He appears to be out of his depth….his application may have ticked all the boxes apart from the biggest one which was having the contacts and experience to keep us in this league. A long way back I’m afraid

I had hoped that having watched us before being interviewed/ appointed Damian would have read the room and realised that the fans wanted a change in style and emphasis on the park as much as a change in personnel.
At the AGM Damien promised attacking football. Can’t say I’ve seen much yet

Back