• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Trafford 0-4

It’s not about disagreeing though Edge, it’s about calling out unacceptable behaviour which you sweep under the carpet because you know him and because he has lots of programs.

You’d ban anyone else who does what he does and you know it.
I’m not going to give a running commentary on this. It’s being dealt with.

“The state that the previous manager had left us in”.

You mean a record of W4 D2 L7.

Not great, but hardly disastrous.

And don’t forget that they’d had to contend with the loss of 3 really key players during the summer (Kenzie, Joe Woolley and Liam Buckley)followed by Fenton Green.

I’ll agree with you that the summer recruitment just wasn’t good enough, but there is absolutely no way that a team under the guidance of Paul and Wayne would have gone 11 games without a win whilst conceding 28 goals in the process.

As I said many times towards the end of last season and the early part of this, “be careful what you wish for”.😳
A record of 14 points from 13 games James. Roughly a point a game which looking at the current league table would have us in the bottom 2. Key players did leave in the summer but that happens at every football club… it is the mangers responsibility to source and recruit adequate replacements. I agree with you that B&G would not have gone 11 games without a win….but the majority of fans at the time were dissatisfied and gates were falling. A very experienced manager became available who I’m sure would have steadied the ship and given us a stable platform to move forward in the mid - long term. As you stay stability is crucial and has proved to be pivotable in most football clubs success. A great pity then that we missed an opportunity …we as a football club can learn by our mistakes …that is what will make us bigger, better and stronger.

Reactions: Ben
A record of 14 points from 13 games James. Roughly a point a game which looking at the current league table would have us in the bottom 2. Key players did leave in the summer but that happens at every football club… it is the mangers responsibility to source and recruit adequate replacements. I agree with you that B&G would not have gone 11 games without a win….but the majority of fans at the time were dissatisfied and gates were falling. A very experienced manager became available who I’m sure would have steadied the ship and given us a stable platform to move forward in the mid - long term. As you stay stability is crucial and has proved to be pivotable in most football clubs success. A great pity then that we missed an opportunity …we as a football club can learn by our mistakes …that is what will make us bigger, better and stronger.
But he didn’t “become available”. I am told that he chose not to apply. His choice.

And as II’ve said in other posts I fully support the Board in the manner in which they carried out the selection process to choose the successors to BoE and Goody.

It’s not about disagreeing though Edge, it’s about calling out unacceptable behaviour which you sweep under the carpet because you know him and because he has lots of programs.

You’d ban anyone else who does what he does and you know it.
So what’s unacceptable about what I’ve said?

Objecting to someone saying that the way that two really great guys who worked so hard for us for bugger all recompense and achieved so much was “shameful”?

Maybe what’s unacceptable behaviour is those who called for B&G to be dismissed from their roles when they had achieved the principal aim they’d been set by the Board - which was to keep us in the NPL

Sorry. But this was a long time coming.

The state they left us in was bad, and the fact they didnt rectify the problem we could all see for 12 months was shameful.
Were you at the game on Saturday Andy?

If so I presume that you went over and had a chat with Bow so that you could tell him to his face that in your view he and Goody had left the club in a “shameful” state?

Were you at the game on Saturday Andy?

If so I presume that you went over and had a chat with Bow so that you could tell him to his face that in your view he and Goody had left the club in a “shameful” state?
Have a day off James would you? Go and read your programs or something.

But he didn’t “become available”. I am told that he chose not to apply. His choice.

And as II’ve said in other posts I fully support the Board in the manner in which they carried out the selection process to choose the successors to BoE and Goody

And as II’ve said in other posts I fully support the Board in the manner in which they carried out the selection process to choose the successors to BoE and Goody.
He offered to take over I heard. Given the position we were in and the timing I don’t think we could afford to run an all singing dancing selection/application process that took several weeks. The situation was critical and the role needing filling quickly with someone who has NPL experience and many contacts. Sometimes procedures have to be interpreted in the best interests of the club, the priority was to steady the ship in the short term. The full application process could have been done at a later date when the club was stronger, stable and the vacancy available at a more convenient time. We are at the end of the day a small football club …..football works very different than other business. I wonder if Xabi Alonso will apply for the LFC job……I hope we will learn lessons from this

Last edited:
“Football works very differently from other businesses.”

It certainly does. That’s why so many of them end up to their necks in a financial crisis.

When we established 74 we vowed that we’d try to be different to the way thst other clubs were managed. And in the intervening decade I think that we’ve stuck to these principles and our success has been largely down to this.

So if someone is interested in becoming manager of ‘74 then In my view they must understand that, irrespective of their previous record and background, they will be treated in exactly the same way as all other candidates.

Naive? Maybe. But if we ditch the very principles that the
Club was founded upon - openness, integrity and fairness - then we may as well pack up and go and join the other lot in Winsford!

Touched a nerve have I?

Oh, and BTW it’s programmes, not programs 😉😂
Nope, not touched a nerve - you are just incredibly rude.

You think that you are funny, and that your opinion is so much more important than anyone else’s - when the reality is you just get on everyone’s nerves.

Have some class and speak to people with respect and decency, accept other people can have differing views and climb down from your high horse. Stop talking to people like you are superior to them, nobody is better than anybody else.

The only reason you are still getting away with what you do is because your friends with @Edge - now that is what I call shameful, he’d have had words and banned people if they did what you did long before now. Nepotism at its finest.

I’d rather have the forum crawling with w*tton fans than watch you kick off with countless fans, we all want the best for our club.

We talk about OUR club being a family, being classy, being respectful and being decent - 99.9% of our fans show that in every interaction both online and in person - it’s a shame you think that doesn’t apply to you.

Maybe you should go back to watch Vics, clearly their values align better with yours. At least, that’s what you show people with your behaviour on this forum.

Nope, not touched a nerve - you are just incredibly rude.

You think that you are funny, and that your opinion is so much more important than anyone else’s - when the reality is you just get on everyone’s nerves.

Have some class and speak to people with respect and decency, accept other people can have differing views and climb down from your high horse. Stop talking to people like you are superior to them, nobody is better than anybody else.

The only reason you are still getting away with what you do is because your friends with @Edge - now that is what I call shameful, he’d have had words and banned people if they did what you did long before now. Nepotism at its finest.

I’d rather have the forum crawling with w*tton fans than watch you kick off with countless fans, we all want the best for our club.

We talk about OUR club being a family, being classy, being respectful and being decent - 99.9% of our fans show that in every interaction both online and in person - it’s a shame you think that doesn’t apply to you.

Maybe you should go back to watch Vics, clearly their values align better with yours. At least, that’s what you show people with your behaviour on this forum.
Hmmm. I think that I have touched a nerve.

So can I ask if you are going to call out those fans who described the state that Bow and Goody left the club as “Shameful”?

Now that in my opinion is being utterly disrespectful.

“Football works very differently from other businesses.”

It certainly does. That’s why so many of them end up to their necks in a financial crisis.

When we established 74 we vowed that we’d try to be different to the way thst other clubs were managed. And in the intervening decade I think that we’ve stuck to these principles and our success has been largely down to this.

So if someone is interested in becoming manager of ‘74 then In my view they must understand that, irrespective of their previous record and background, they will be treated in exactly the same way as all other candidates.

Naive? Maybe. But if we ditch the very principles that the
Club was founded upon - openness, integrity and fairness - then we may as well pack up and go and join the other lot in Winsford!
We may have to agree to disagree on this James. If sticking rigidly to the core principles results in setting our club back years financially and possibly jeopardising its future then it is simply counter productive.
It is the reality of any business to on occasion deviate from the norm to deal with a potential crisis…. We all have to be creative and show initiative in difficult times. As I said .. I hope we learn from this.

Back