• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Tory Cronyism

Status
Not open for further replies.
So property developers give the Conservatives money and the unions give Labour money - one is cronyism and the other one isn't?

The only way out is to have publically funded political parties - but that won't happen will it ??
More Tory cronyism.

Want to meet with Johnson the idiot? That’ll be £250k (or half a peerage) please…..

The Financial Times weekend 31 July

So property developers give the Conservatives money and the unions give Labour money - one is cronyism and the other one isn't?

The only way out is to have publically funded political parties - but that won't happen will it ??
“So property developers give the Conservatives money and the unions give Labour money - one is cronyism and the other one isn't?

In short no. They are completely different. TUs give money to Labour to influence their policies. Donors to the Tories are generally seeking financial gain, influence or - as has been seen in previous posts - a seat in the Lords (or all three)

“So property developers give the Conservatives money and the unions give Labour money - one is cronyism and the other one isn't?

In short no. They are completely different. TUs give money to Labour to influence their policies. Donors to the Tories are generally seeking financial gain, influence or - as has been seen in previous posts - a seat in the Lords (or all three)
Your clutching at straws with that one James.

Wealthy, influential people will always try and lobby government ministers, be that Labour or Conservative. Governments are accused of being too close to business, or not close enough. They can't win. There are very few proven cases of cash for favours, it's all done by insinuation. Not saying it never happens, but not nearly as often as you would like to think.

The only way to break this link is to fund parties, but that brings a whole load of other baggage about who gets funding and who doesn't.

I’ll even include the photo this time!

View attachment 2179Amongst this bunch is Darius Guppy, whom Johnson tried to help beat up someone who had a disagreement with Guppy.

What a nice bunch of lads.
Shock, horror!

Boris’s bessie mate who was given the job by, er, *checks notes* Boris, was somehow deemed more suitable than 172 other candidates!

Now who would have ever thought it….?

Your clutching at straws with that one James.

Wealthy, influential people will always try and lobby government ministers, be that Labour or Conservative. Governments are accused of being too close to business, or not close enough. They can't win. There are very few proven cases of cash for favours, it's all done by insinuation. Not saying it never happens, but not nearly as often as you would like to think.

The only way to break this link is to fund parties, but that brings a whole load of other baggage about who gets funding and who doesn't.
Giving the Tories £500k and then getting a seat in the Lords is some bloody insinuation!

This government is simply rotten to its stinking, decaying and rancid core…..?

and Labour are all sweetness and light

But the donors to the LP aren’t in it for personal financial gain like the vast majority of Tory donors. That is the huge difference!
are you sure James? How do you know that? They are still aiming to change the direction of political change to fit with their beliefs and needs

This is what I’m on about

???
And I make no apologies for copying this from another thread.

Maybe if people read it often enough they will convince themselves that John Smith was right. The Tories always have been and always will be a bunch of elitist, arrogant, self-interested and corrupt bastards.

And I make no apologies for copying this from another thread.

Maybe if people read it often enough they will convince themselves that John Smith was right. The Tories always have been and always will be a bunch of elitist, arrogant, self-interested and corrupt bastards.
1628547926441.jpeg
This is what I’m on about

???
He’s also a hypocritical little ?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

View attachment 2197

He’s also a hypocritical little ?

I particularly like this. Ms Dent is a ⭐

When David £7 million " We're in this together" Cameron was lobbying for his pimps at Greensil Gordon Brown was lobbying for free covid jab's for Africa without any payback for himself. Fat face David & the corrupt Tories would neve understand this ( why should someone do something for nothing). Tories have always been corrupt but the latest gang have taken it to a new level.

It was the government's work with Oxford and Astra Zeneca that lead to the Covid vaccine being produced and distributed by AZ at zero profit with the intention of distributing the vaccine as wisely as possible, so it's not a straight forward matter of Tories not having any thought for anyone or anything else other than making money.

Cameron's search for profit may be seen as grasping, but is really no worse than a long list of other former leaders who have sought profits on the back of their premierships, none more so than Tony Blair who has made a small fortune from his activities since leaving office

Tony Blair was not quoted in my comment only Gordon Brown. Tony Blair may not be perfect but at least when he was in power the NHS was funded not used as a cash cow for Tory backers, i will admit there have been a few Tories with some morals two that spring to mind would be Chriss Patten & Kenneth Clarke but they are few & far between. This lot have set a low moral standard & have failed to meet it.

Tony Blair was not quoted in my comment only Gordon Brown. Tony Blair may not be perfect but at least when he was in power the NHS was funded not used as a cash cow for Tory backers, i will admit there have been a few Tories with some morals two that spring to mind would be Chriss Patten & Kenneth Clarke but they are few & far between. This lot have set a low moral standard & have failed to meet it.
Firstly my point with regard to covid vaccines was that it was the government's work with AZ and Oxford Uni that provided a platform for Gordon Brown to call for vaccines to be more widely distributed as the AZ vaccine was developed on a not for profit basis.

You didn't mention Blair, but I did to show that not all the grasping ex premiers are Tories - some have come from Labour too. Not as many obviously as there have been fewer of them.

Blair's funding of the NHS, which I didn't mention, wasn't a success. Nearly all of the money was swallowed up by higher salaries rather than improving services so achieved little long term benefit. There is absolutely no evidence that the NHS has been used as a cash cow for Tory backers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back