• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Tory Cronyism

Status
Not open for further replies.
No cash cow for tory backers how about Matt hand on my cock & his sister, i think their bank balance went up a bit.
A bit puerile to say the least.

There is no evidence that Matt Hancock abused his office for personal gain. If that is proven then he should face the consequences.

Firstly my point with regard to covid vaccines was that it was the government's work with AZ and Oxford Uni that provided a platform for Gordon Brown to call for vaccines to be more widely distributed as the AZ vaccine was developed on a not for profit basis.

You didn't mention Blair, but I did to show that not all the grasping ex premiers are Tories - some have come from Labour too. Not as many obviously as there have been fewer of them.

Blair's funding of the NHS, which I didn't mention, wasn't a success. Nearly all of the money was swallowed up by higher salaries rather than improving services so achieved little long term benefit. There is absolutely no evidence that the NHS has been used as a cash cow for Tory backers.
No evidence!?

Jesus H tap-dancing Christ Knutsfordia

Have you read any of the numerous posts placed in this thread and others over the last 18 months!

Might I suggest that you take out a subscription to Private Eye? They tell it how it is and hold no allegiance to any party. If you have read what has gone on since the pandemic hit the U.K. and how many companies who have supported the Tories have won major contracts with seeming little or no competition (or experience of supplying such goods) or have made vastly increased profits, then your myopic vision might improve markedly!

Firstly my point with regard to covid vaccines was that it was the government's work with AZ and Oxford Uni that provided a platform for Gordon Brown to call for vaccines to be more widely distributed as the AZ vaccine was developed on a not for profit basis.

You didn't mention Blair, but I did to show that not all the grasping ex premiers are Tories - some have come from Labour too. Not as many obviously as there have been fewer of them.

Blair's funding of the NHS, which I didn't mention, wasn't a success. Nearly all of the money was swallowed up by higher salaries rather than improving services so achieved little long term benefit. There is absolutely no evidence that the NHS has been used as a cash cow for Tory backers.
Erm no. Just look at the massive hospital building and refurb programme that was initiated during the 13 years of Labour rule (remember this? When we were a United nation, were more at ease with one another, had things like Sure Start centres, good public services etc?)

A bit puerile to say the least.

There is no evidence that Matt Hancock abused his office for personal gain. If that is proven then he should face the consequences.
No evidence that has been presented to a court - yet.

But in time - and we may well have to wait many years until a public inquiry has been completed - the truth will out and these conmen, spivs, liars and crooks will have to answer for their actions

Erm no. Just look at the massive hospital building and refurb programme that was initiated during the 13 years of Labour rule (remember this? When we were a United nation, were more at ease with one another, had things like Sure Start centres, good public services etc?)
Yes with PFI initiatives that have almost bankrupt the NHS. Most of the increased revenue budgets were swallowed up with higher salaries. As for the rest of public services output did improve, but the improvement did not match the increased cost of those services. If the Government had managed to maintain the “bang for each buck” at the level it inherited in 1997, it would have been able to deliver the quantity and quality of public services it delivered in 2007 for £42.5 billion less (institute for fiscal studies).

No evidence!?

Jesus H tap-dancing Christ Knutsfordia

Have you read any of the numerous posts placed in this thread and others over the last 18 months!

Might I suggest that you take out a subscription to Private Eye? They tell it how it is and hold no allegiance to any party. If you have read what has gone on since the pandemic hit the U.K. and how many companies who have supported the Tories have won major contracts with seeming little or no competition (or experience of supplying such goods) or have made vastly increased profits, then your myopic vision might improve markedly!
I do read Private Eye along with a good many other publications, including overseas news. Not that has any material impact on my comments here. But you are assuming that those who disagree with you do so because of a lack of breadth and understanding. Has it ever occurred to you that those who disagree just might have a point too?

I have said all along that if wrong doing is proven then people should face the consequences. Despite all the posts on here and the articles in Private Eye, what has failed to materialise is any prosecutions or proof of malfeasance in public office. You can scream blue murder that minsters are acting improperly, but so far its all been hot air. If and when it is proven then those that are guilty will serve a just sentence.

I just do not subscribe to the Labour mantra that all Tory politicians are lying and corrupt cheats, They are not, not more than any other party anyway. No doubt there are those who fall short, or have done, of the required standards we would all like to see, but tarring everyone with the same brush is not the answer. Prove impropriety and hold those responsible to account, but stop this nonsense of accusations of generic misbehaviour.

Yes with PFI initiatives that have almost bankrupt the NHS. Most of the increased revenue budgets were swallowed up with higher salaries. As for the rest of public services output did improve, but the improvement did not match the increased cost of those services. If the Government had managed to maintain the “bang for each buck” at the level it inherited in 1997, it would have been able to deliver the quantity and quality of public services it delivered in 2007 for £42.5 billion less (institute for fiscal studies).

I do read Private Eye along with a good many other publications, including overseas news. Not that has any material impact on my comments here. But you are assuming that those who disagree with you do so because of a lack of breadth and understanding. Has it ever occurred to you that those who disagree just might have a point too?

I have said all along that if wrong doing is proven then people should face the consequences. Despite all the posts on here and the articles in Private Eye, what has failed to materialise is any prosecutions or proof of malfeasance in public office. You can scream blue murder that minsters are acting improperly, but so far its all been hot air. If and when it is proven then those that are guilty will serve a just sentence.

I just do not subscribe to the Labour mantra that all Tory politicians are lying and corrupt cheats, They are not, not more than any other party anyway. No doubt there are those who fall short, or have done, of the required standards we would all like to see, but tarring everyone with the same brush is not the answer. Prove impropriety and hold those responsible to account, but stop this nonsense of accusations of generic misbehaviour.
“Hold those responsible to account”?

Interesting to note that Boris has just appointed one of his oldest chums to they key role that checks the honesty of him and his cabal. Like getting your mate to mark your homework. And you wonder why we’ve no faith in this

“I just do not subscribe to the Labour mantra that all Tory politicians are lying and corrupt cheats.”

Well clearly you wouldn’t or you’d be agreeing with most of the posts I make as opposed to arguing the opposite way!?

But don’t you find it just a little bit odd that almost all the a accusation s of impropriety over the last 18 months and more have almost been exclusively involved Tory politicians, their bessie mates and donors to the ‘Nasty Party’.

Or are you again just adopting the Ostrich tactic??

“Hold those responsible to account”?

Interesting to note that Boris has just appointed one of his oldest chums to they key role that checks the honesty of him and his cabal. Like getting your mate to mark your homework. And you wonder why we’ve no faith in this

“I just do not subscribe to the Labour mantra that all Tory politicians are lying and corrupt cheats.”

Well clearly you wouldn’t or you’d be agreeing with most of the posts I make as opposed to arguing the opposite way!?

But don’t you find it just a little bit odd that almost all the a accusation s of impropriety over the last 18 months and more have almost been exclusively involved Tory politicians, their bessie mates and donors to the ‘Nasty Party’.

Or are you again just adopting the Ostrich tactic??
Well they would be because the Conservatives are in government and making decisions, but its amazing how many stories are associated with Labour even though they are only in opposition

And I don't subscribe to the mantra because its just not true !

It is now officially the football season so I'm locking the political threads so we can concentrate on football.

Any new political threads will be locked or removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back