• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Tonight

Afc Darwen lost 5-1 to atherton colls tonight so now have a record of:
Pld3 lost 3 for: 1 agst:14!... No pressure!

:D

I'm sure that if we don't deliver them in style (and I'm sure we will ;)) we will at least scrape three points come Saturday :scarf:

Tight league though and it'll probably take another half dozen games for the genuine front runners to appear. Perhaps very much of a different title race than in previous seasons? ...... Well let's wait and see ;):D:scarf:

Don't get me wrong, I love this club and will be there on Saturday with a fresh view of things again and hoping for a better day at the office, we all have bad days and I am sure this will be sorted but just heartbreaking when we are 74 know we can do a lot better. Us as a team can play better, Us as a club are almost perfect :scarf::scarf::scarf:

I am sure that there will be times when things dont go as we would wish but I do think that we should bear in mind our boys are doing a days work before they come and do their best for us.

We may disagree with Ian's team selection sometimes but it may be that his player selection is based on availability due to work, family and other commitments and we dont pay our players so maybe we should be more circumspect when we criticize Ian and his team.

Things are not perfect I know, but it could be worse after all we could support Witton or JRFC!

Lots been said but the best thing us supporters can do, is get right behind the lads on Saturday.

We won't win them all, but we will learn and improve as a team and club along the way. We are growing steadily and surely, best way eh?

:scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf:COME ON YOU 74:scarf::scarf::scarf:

I am sure that there will be times when things dont go as we would wish but I do think that we should bear in mind our boys are doing a days work before they come and do their best for us.

We may disagree with Ian's team selection sometimes but it may be that his player selection is based on availability due to work, family and other commitments and we dont pay our players so maybe we should be more circumspect when we criticize Ian and his team.

In our frustration something which all too easily we overlook.

I've realised what the problem is........the pitch is too dry!!!:D:D:D.

I've realised what the problem is........the pitch is too dry!!!:D:D:D.

Yeah, about that...

We spent 3 hours putting 5,000 litres of diluted chemicals on the pitch before the game on Saturday (as we have done pretty much every week since late June). It's about as soft as it will get at this time of year!

Yeah, about that...

We spent 3 hours putting 5,000 litres of diluted chemicals on the pitch before the game on Saturday (as we have done pretty much every week since late June). It's about as soft as it will get at this time of year!
I was only joking!

I think everyone knows full well the players all have jobs outside of the game, as does every other player in our league and the leagues above, that doesn't stop them from being immune from criticism (or praise).

I can't see us putting a cricket score past Darwin on Saturday, that just isn't our style, we'll make tough work of it I am sure but prevail with the 3 points.

The players and the manager need to shoulder the responsibility when things don't go right. The manager sends them out with instructions and should be involved in the players preparations, he changes it where he see's fit, selects the team he thinks will deliver and recruits in who he thinks will strengthen the squad. I am certain he has the strongest squad at his disposal since he came to the club, but performances just aren't there consistently which is how we will get out of this league. (I appreciate its early days).

Our centre half partnership isn't consistent and DT with work commitments doesn't make many mid week games, which is part of why I feel we are weakest at the back.

I'm intrigued to know, and i'd understand if this can't be answered on a public forum if at all, just what expectations the board have of the club and manager? Do they expect him to challenge for the title or simpy be competitive?

Bitterly disappointed to go out of the FA Cup early on, Colne did play well and did a number on us so they deserve credit, particularly as their manager was on holiday - how's that for preparation?

We've had injuries and a suspension already and will no doubt experience more on both fronts this season but is no different to any other club we'll come up against.

See how we go on Saturday and BH Monday and perhaps the outlook and mood will look better.

In my opinion having watched the 74 for 3 seasons now it seems since we lost Lee Duckworth we have no plan b and no talking along that back 4 . Watching winsford last week at alsager near my home as I was unable to get to colne they battered them and will be a surprise to many this season. Could have easily been 10. Just hope the 74 turn it around. Up the greens

Back