• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Today

What was as annoying as the red card incident was the amount of "diving" and screaming in pain that they came up with and jumping up when the free kick was given, however, as already stated it should have been over in the first half !.

Another downer of the day was being aggressively accosted as I entered the ground by three JGFC fans. Mike Green, JGFC Committee Member and Commercial Manager Paul Bazley and one other unknown male who threatened physical violence if I didn't stop highlighting their lies and deception. Maybe the reason for their frustration is they haven't yet received the JustGiving money.

Last edited:
The only downer of the day was being aggressively accosted as I entered the ground by three JGFC fans. Mike Green, JGFC Commercial Manager Paul Bazley and one other unknown male who threatened physical violence if I didn't stop highlighting their lies and deception.

They must operate under mob rule, rather than on a democratic fans model.

We were crying out for a sub last 30/20. We need some height in attack just to give the option.
We never win the ball when Greg has a goal kick - last season it was always to Bailey and I think he got a head on one once when the defender fell over.

We were crying out for a sub last 30/20. We need some height in attack just to give the option.
We never win the ball when Greg has a goal kick - last season it was always to Bailey and I think he got a head on one once when the defender fell over.
Id start a 4-4-2 on Tuesday, Riley and McGowan upfront together. Their defence couldn't deal with scotty and he was on his own all match.

Same old story not taking our chances the game should have been over,
You should have reported them to the police tony for threatening behaviour
Let's hope we see them off on Tuesday but the lads did well with 10 men for 50 minutes
See if they bring many tuesday

To be fair thought vics had a couple of really decent players N0.9 & 10, and they also had a fair number of chances like us.
Agree with Driftwood about sending off and also scotty was really lucky that ref didn't see his kick out in the N0.4.
Team wise we were a bit lightweight, The couple of wide young lads played well but only time will tell if they r up physically for a long season in the nwcfl.Wonder where the goals will come from if scotty dries up. Ironically the likes of Welstead would have been ideal in the squad, whilst the likes of chappie would give some bite.
No-one has mentioned Dylan lomas would have been good but don't know his circumstances.
Anyway hope we have a decent season, my opinion is we will come in around sixth but hope for better.

Whether its Sam or Kyle playing behind Scotty they need to be closer to him because Sam was about 10-20 yards too deep yesterday Imo, there was a huge gap from number 9 to number 10 which isolated Scott

Was in Aldi earlier today and " ear wigged" on a conversation, ie ," V**s players are on decent expenceses the Manager tells me, no idea where it is coming from though and I am Barnton practically every day," !!!!.

No idea who they were.

Was in Aldi earlier today and " ear wigged" on a conversation, ie ," V**s players are on decent expenceses the Manager tells me, no idea where it is coming from though and I am Barnton practically every day," !!!!.

No idea who they were.
I've heard that the Manager has reputation for spending his own money on players, probably got the sponsorship in return... Looking forward to scrutinising their first set of accounts.

First of all It was good to see so many 74 fans at yesterday's match, hopefully we can have another decent turn out on Tuesday to help cheer on the lads to victory.

Personally I really enjoyed yesterday's match, despite all the arguing and disagreements we've had with Vics fans I thought the atmosphere was really good and very friendly between the fans.

Onto the game Itself, I thought the first half we played fairly well and we deserved to be winning, however like Andrew Simpson pointed out we didn't really have full control of the match, especially in midfield where our passing was incredibly poor at times, but at the same time Vics weren't doing much themselves & I thought they were poor overall.

I didn't know why PC got sent off because I didn't see it as I was on the other side of the pitch, but talking to the refeee afterwards he said he saw PC kick out at the Vics player & apparently PC admitted he kicked out to the referee after the game too.
The referee also said he didn't see the Vics player kick out but thought something must of happened while the Vics player was on the ground, but because he didn't actually see the incdent he can't produce a red card.

The second half I thought we were playing really despite having ten men and we deservedly went 2-0 up through that cheeky little chip by Scotty.
I must admit I thought that goal would see out the game & we were
Incredibly unlucky to have a goal ruled out when the ball hit Scotty on the line.
But that's when Vics got a goal back & momentum of the game completely changed & to be fair the only side that looked like scoring in the last 20 minutes were Vics & unfortunately for us they did get that equaliser through a lovely well taken goal I must admit.

Anyway I have full confidence we will finish off the job on Tuesday if we play the way we can do & of course keep 11 men on the field so I say to all fellow 74 fans is to get down to the Barton Stadium on Tuesday & truly get behind the lads.

C'mon 74!!!

Also I saw DT after the game & unfortunately his knee isn't looking good, from what I got told he may have knee ligament damage which will keep out for quite awhile.

The referee also said he didn't see the Vics player kick out but thought something must of happened while the Vics player was on the ground, but because he didn't actually see the incdent he can't produce a red card.
So he could take the liners advice on Connor but didn't ask about anything else that happened!.....Sounds like a cop out to me!!
A little point that contradicts his statement.......if he only 'thought' something happen and didn't actually see anything then why did he issue a yellow!!??
Sounds like much of his game.....guesswork!!

Another thing I noticed yesterday is they are standing behind the far goal but there is no hard standing, thought this was against the rules

So he could take the liners advice on Connor but didn't ask about anything else that happened!.....Sounds like a cop out to me!!
A little point that contradicts his statement.......if he only 'thought' something happen and didn't actually see anything then why did he issue a yellow!!??
Sounds like much of his game.....guesswork!!

Not quite Blackie....reading the detail from Craig, the ref said he saw Connor kick out, so didn't take advice on this... it was the bit before he didn't see...

".......but talking to the refeee afterwards he said he saw PC kick out at the Vics player & apparently PC admitted he kicked out to the referee after the game too.
The referee also said he didn't see the Vics player kick out but thought something must of happened while the Vics player was on the ground, but because he didn't actually see the incdent he can't produce a red card."

Not quite Blackie....reading the detail from Craig, the ref said he saw Connor kick out, so didn't take advice on this... it was the bit before he didn't see...

".......but talking to the refeee afterwards he said he saw PC kick out at the Vics player & apparently PC admitted he kicked out to the referee after the game too.
The referee also said he didn't see the Vics player kick out but thought something must of happened while the Vics player was on the ground, but because he didn't actually see the incdent he can't produce a red card."
If the ref "actually" saw PC kick the vics player then why consult the liner on it and not pull out the red immediately?
He rushed into booking the vics player and didn't look like he was taking any action against PC until the liner got his attention!.
Plus, as been said, refs should deal with reds first then any yellows.
All round bad reffing and Sounds to me like he's making it up as he goes along?!

I agree Blackie, the linesman didn't wave his flag to say something had happened, the linesman would also have seen their player kick out. Not excusing PC, but both players should have received same. I thought two yellows or even a talking to would have done it.

Back