• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Today

It was nice that the very quiet vics fans made themselves noticed after they equalised!! o_O
I must say congrats to all 3 of them for finally showing up!! :oops:

Saw the incident, he did kick/touch him as he went past, whether deliberate or not only he will know, but the other player reacted so technically it was a red for both...

Also thought McGowan was lucky to stay on, he kicked out at there no 4 in the 2nd half..

Glad to see we are getting on top of the bad discipline from other seasons...

Fair result in the end, 10v11 evened it out..

Agree as I saw the same as Driftwood and it should have been a Red for both, or a Yellow for both. Referee was poor today but that unfortunately is what we have come to expect most weeks.

If Ben Woods in anywhere near the first team over the next few games we best start to worry. The poor lad was OK roaming forward but positionally he was all over the place and defensively poor.

Two well taken goals by the scum and we let the opposition carry the ball across the edge of our both relatively unopposed a number of times. Vics were poor, certainly when you consider they had an extra man for over 45 minutes of the game and celebrated like they had won the league/game when they saw their team off at the end.
Plus sides, Whitlock and Taylor worked well down the wings, McGowan did what he does best. I would have liked to have seen Kyle Riley be given some time as the game was coming to a close, give us a bit of something different as we were still going for it off corners and he's more of an aerial and physical threat than McGowan.

Gate was probably right, 100 neutrals, 300 1874, 110 Vics give or take a few.

Hopeful for a good gate at the replay but unfortunately it won't beat that gate.

They must be still out celebrating the 'incredible' result they got, not a word on the website or on their forum. Surprised given their reaction to the result.

Couldn't make it due to work.

Shame we blew a two goal lead but sounds like we were generally on top until the sending off changed things. I'm confident we can get the job done in the replay on Tuesday.

Great attendance. More of the same please.

We've had s problem with ridiculous red cards from day one, players have to keep their heads - could have cost us £1500 yesterday. Maybe the club already has this in place but there should be internal discipline for any player sent off for lashing out, it's just basic self-control.
Thought we were weak in midfield yesterday, obviously missing Jones. Their full backs are there for the taking on Tuesday.

One of their fans who I was standing next to and was clearly not local as he had a broad Essex "Del boy" accent was encouraging the Vics players to break the legs or necks of the 1874 players until I remonstrated with him.
He was a right charmer, one of the mystery investors on a day out perhaps?
I have never seen him before and hopefully wont see him again on Tuesday.

Last edited:
One of their fans who I was standing next to and was clearly not local as he had a broad Essex "Del boy" accent was encouraging the Vics players to break the legs or necks of the 1874 players until I remonstrated with him.
He was a right charmer, one of the mystery investors on a day out perhaps?
I have never seen him before and hopefully wont see him again on Tuesday.
One or two of the Vics players seemed to take these comments to heart. I counted at least 3 extremely wild and out of control tackle attempts, which fortunately did not make contact with the 1874 players. Needless to say, these went unpunished by the officials who were quick to give Connor a red card for a Beckham/Simeone type incident, which could never have resulted in any sort of injury for the Vics player.

Longshot... But when you say "broad Essex Del Boy" accent maybe those that saw him might like to google "Tommy Agombar" and "Andy Lonsdale". These two 'chancers' must be due a return to football after they were chased out of town by the fans of Hereford!

Now I've had the chance to sleep on it, I'm even more annoyed, the game should of been dead and buried even when we had 10 men.

Roll on Tuesday!

Ref was awful, there was 3 things that he could have done during that incident

1. Nothing at all
2. A yellow for both players
3. Sent both off

What he decided to do was half a job and punish a player for a reaction (which wouldn't have happened without the actions of the opposition player)
As a ref the rules are you deal with the reds first then yellows yet showed the yellow to their player when it was violent conduct so should have been red. Asst ref said Connor deliberately altered his course of movement to stand on their player? Ref was too weak and seem to go with shouts a lot. They had a tactic of ball launched upfront , the next player would hold it and the slightest contact go down as the ref bought it every time.
Great support from the '74 And let's finish them and their travelling 20/30 off

Thought we played well despite lacking control of midfield and it was clear that we needed to get the ball wide as much as possible as our wingers had their full backs on toast.

At 2-0 we seemed to be cruising and Vics looked dead and buried however in fairness to them they scored two very good goals.

Disappointing to throw the commanding lead but it was always going to be more difficult with 10 men and we now have a great chance to get the job done on home soil. Hopefully another good crowd too, it was great to see so many 74 fans!

Back