• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Today

pdw

Too much time on my hands
Jul 28, 2013
Didn't see the sending off but we should have been 3 or so up by the time the sending off happened same old story not taking our chances
Great 74 following and hopefully see them off tuesday
Be interesting to see how many they bring
Hopefully lee Jackson is back and Danny is not out for any length of time

Last edited:
Could've/ should've been 5/6 goals.

11 v 11 we were a class above, their first goal against the run of play seemed to play on the minds.

No doubts if we keep 11 on the pitch on Tuesday we'll come out winners.

Anyone know the crowd? Easily 75% 1874 fans.

Word was around 500 but not heard officially

I hope Lee Jackson is back on Tuesday, both goals came from errors in our left back position.

Didnt see the sending off but t clearly ruined our game plan and the teams shape.

Should of killed it off even with 10 men, Whitlock, Hind and McGowan all had a load of chances second half but couldn't beat Mottram.

On another day, we would of walked out 6-0 winners after that.

Back the boys this Tuesday, lets get the job done!

Great to see so many 74 fans there today. Hopefully we can keep them numbers all season to create a good atmosphere off the pitch.

Impressive performance, well on top on the first half. Lots of chances saved! Very impressed with Whitlock, Kennerley, Hind and McGowan. The quality of football was great to see.
A couple of performances did lack.

Hopefully, we can get a good result in the replay to progress through to the next round.

I also would like to know the attendance.

Don't get carried away by the gate, there were a lot of independents there.

Thought we were easily in control first half. Sending off altered the shape but were still the better side for first 10-15 mins of second half and should have had the game wrapped up.
Tiredness started to tell last 20 and vics made the most of the extra man and scored two well taken goals.
Hopefully will have Lee Jackson back for Tuesday as we looked weak at left back.
Nice to see Taylor Kennerley making their full back look that stupid at times they took him off at half time!

Fair result I think in the end but if we'd of had 11 men, it would of been comfortable for us. Didn't see the sending off so can't comment.

First half Taylor destroyed their full back every time and only for good goalkeeping, we could of been a few up. Overall, first time I've seen the team this season and was very impressed. Young lads on the wing were excellent and the two new lads Kazim and Prichard were also very good. DT class as usual but unfortunately Ben Woods was awful. He was the same last time he was with us, not nice to have a go at someone but seen enough of him that I don't think he's good enough for us. Difficult aswell for us to change tactics with subs due to the red card and injury.

Just good to have the football back and the new kit looked quality as well. Great support, come on 74 on Tuesday!!

We were comfortable until they got their 1st goal and then we seemed to panic after that, think we'll get the job done on Tuesday without too much trouble

It was a difficult day at left back for us today but Ben is more than good enough to do a job for us along with Lee Jackson throughout the season.

really impressed with Taylor Kennerley every time I've seen him play and he made their full back luck stupid a few times today.

Brilliant crowd as well today

A draw that felt like a defeat to us. Even when we went down to 10 men, we still did go 2-0 up, so very frustrating on that part, but at the same, if it weren't for their keeper (god knows why he's there, even he said so) we would've been in the next round and not needed the replay.

We should still get through this though and personally, I'm confident we will.

We were comfortable until they got their 1st goal and then we seemed to panic after that, think we'll get the job done on Tuesday without too much trouble

It was a difficult day at left back for us today but Ben is more than good enough to do a job for us along with Lee Jackson throughout the season.

really impressed with Taylor Kennerley every time I've seen him play and he made their full back luck stupid a few times today.

Brilliant crowd as well today
Yes I agree that we seemed to struggle more towards the end, when their first goal went in.
The plus side of that is we were quality for the majority!

Did anyone see what Connors did? I don't get why the other guy wasn't sent off for reacting too. Felt Mcgowen was too isolated even before the sending off, need to get the ball down the wings on Tuesday and I would give Riley a game

Did anyone see what Connors did? I don't get why the other guy wasn't sent off for reacting too. Felt Mcgowen was too isolated even before the sending off, need to get the ball down the wings on Tuesday and I would give Riley a game
I didn't see what Connors did. All I saw was the other bloke react, I was shocked that they both didn't go.
The refereeing got poorer as the game went on, I felt he started to lose control of the game.

Ref was awful, there was 3 things that he could have done during that incident

1. Nothing at all
2. A yellow for both players
3. Sent both off

What he decided to do was half a job and punish a player for a reaction (which wouldn't have happened without the actions of the opposition player)

Back