• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Thoughts on the game tonight

They really need another promotion spot in this league as it will give teams more to play for, generate excitement and ultimately maintain interest amongst fans so crowds are higher.

That can only be good for the league.

You're right, Ben. But, the issue is, you can't... For example, promoted to the Evostik Div 1 is one team from the NWCFL, one from the Midland and one from NCEL and one from the Northern league. If you have 2 promoted from each league you end up with 8 being relegated from the Evostik Div 1!

Last edited:
It was dropped points early last season that cost us a top two spot,realistically a top half finish would be great but with only one going up this could be a very boring league if we are safe and miles away from the top with three months to go! Not a moan just a observation :)

The Conference only had one promotion spot with no play off for years, in fact I'm sure it used to have no promotion place at all. Vics never had any chance of winning that league but we all still turned up. At least in time we might be in a position to have a crack at winning this league, think we need to be patient and enjoy it.

Indeed. Some of us are sadly old enough to remember the days of the closed-shop Football League Div 4 - and though NVFC only won the Cheshire League once in my lifetime I can't claim to remember it as I was only one, but we turned up regular as clockwork. And the close call in 76-77 was no less exciting (or frustrating) because there was no promotion from the NPL. We can still enjoy the ride. :scarf:

Indeed. Some of us are sadly old enough to remember the days of the closed-shop Football League Div 4 - and though NVFC only won the Cheshire League once in my lifetime I can't claim to remember it as I was only one, but we turned up regular as clockwork. And the close call in 76-77 was no less exciting (or frustrating) because there was no promotion from the NPL. We can still enjoy the ride. :scarf:

Remember that 76/77 season well. One of my biggest regrets was not bunking off school on the Tuesday Vics played at Scarborough I that final game, even though ultimately it would have been gutting at the final whistle.

Remember that 76/77 season well. One of my biggest regrets was not bunking off school on the Tuesday Vics played at Scarborough I that final game, even though ultimately it would have been gutting at the final whistle.
I remember going to that game, hitch hiking up from Sheffield Uni. - it was really a disappointing end to the season. I recall one of the Scarborough players had died (?) following their FA trophy final game on the saturday?

Will there be a video of Alsager v 1874 game as its usually posted by now ?
Uploading to Youtube now Trevor - I have been laid up with a bad back this week so apologies for the delay.

I should point out out however that to edit a 90 min match takes considerably more than 90 mins when you take into account cutting, editing, inserting teamsheets, sub details, goal details, titles, and then the time for the finished work to convert to a movie format (about 3 hrs) then to upload to you tube (about 6 hrs-depending on the file size) and also fit this around my actual job, not so much a problem for Saturday games as I spend most of my Sunday doing the game but midweek ones cause the delay due to time restraints as I only have the evenings to work at.

It's a fantastic service you provide Chubbs. I try to go to virtually every game but still enjoy watching your highlights as I'm sure we all miss important bits in games, even goals when we are nattering away. I suspect Ian and the lads could benefit from watching them too ;);)

I know Ian and the lads do watch them, but it could be a double edged sword as all the other clubs we play watch them too, thereby getting a heads-up on our strengths and weaknesses - swings and roundabouts I guess?

Reactions: Tez
I know Ian and the lads do watch them, but it could be a double edged sword as all the other clubs we play watch them too, thereby getting a heads-up on our strengths and weaknesses - swings and roundabouts I guess?
Is there a way where only members of the forum can just watch the highlights, I know anyone can sign up but would they just sign up to watch the highlights? But if they did there would be a few extra members on the forum which could be good. But it is an excellent service and one that is much appreciated.

Last edited:
Uploading to Youtube now Trevor - I have been laid up with a bad back this week so apologies for the delay.

I should point out out however that to edit a 90 min match takes considerably more than 90 mins when you take into account cutting, editing, inserting teamsheets, sub details, goal details, titles, and then the time for the finished work to convert to a movie format (about 3 hrs) then to upload to you tube (about 6 hrs-depending on the file size) and also fit this around my actual job, not so much a problem for Saturday games as I spend most of my Sunday doing the game but midweek ones cause the delay due to time restraints as I only have the evenings to work at.
Thanks a lot

It's a necessary evil Chris. Like the idea that you have to sign into view highlights though, which means that clubs would at least nee to go to the trouble of registering on the forum first;is that a practical proposition, Edge?

Suspect not, if they are now linked over to the official site - remember this place is 'unofficial', so there isn't much logic in having to sign on here to view something on there.

It's a necessary evil Chris. Like the idea that you have to sign into view highlights though, which means that clubs would at least nee to go to the trouble of registering on the forum first;is that a practical proposition, Edge?

Suspect not, if they are now linked over to the official site - remember this place is 'unofficial', so there isn't much logic in having to sign on here to view something on there.

It's a good idea, but a non-starter fir a number of reasons...

@Chubbs produces the videos using a camera owned by the club & there is advertising tied to the YouTube account that goes to the club. Also we'd have to host the files if they're not on YouTube and that could cost a fair bit as I'd image the file size is pretty large.

Back