• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Thoughts on the game tonight

Tez

Administrator
Forum Staff
Game Player 5
Jun 24, 2013
Can we continue our run of good form? How strong a team are Alsager (won 4-1 at the weekend I see), would we be content with a point or are fans expecting us to take all three?

Alsager seem mid-table but i think they will steal a point tonight from us 1-1

We would like all three but it will not be an easy game,it will depend on if we can put our chances away,missed to many on Saturday.

We would like all three but it will not be an easy game,it will depend on if we can put our chances away,missed to many on Saturday.

So I saw from the highlights. Think the important thing is that we appear to be creating plenty. It was the same at Blackpool on opening day and doubtless if we could've played the second forty five last Tuesday we'd have fashioned out our fair share of chances then too.

Not wishing to jinx things, but the defence has continued to look solid.

Missing tonights game due to being down Alans neck of the woods in Poole... will be experiencing the distant '1874 experience and following the progress online!

Prediction 2-1 to the '74 .......

Danny Griggs is friends with a very good ex Cheshire Regiment mate of mine. I wound Danny up on Facebook last night suggesting his players wear incontinence pads.

So I'm hoping for 3 points

I saw Alsager at Runcorn Town last week and for an hour they were certainly on a par with them. Good going forward but dreadfully lacking in pace at the back through the middle. They lost 3-2 which was a fair reflection of the game. They are no mugs so we will have to be on our game to get 3 points.

Can see us scoring definitely but we need to be tight at the back, which in general we have been this season. So I'm going for a 2-0 win.

I will be watching the updates tonight. Impossible for me to attend midweek games so the updates are very much appreciated!

As for the game, I'm going for a 1-1 draw with 212 in attendance.

In the end seems to have been a good point.
On the Updates we particularly enjoyed the "guess whose head this is the back of" photo postings from David Edge Bailey ;)

Pleased with the point.
It preserves our unbeaten record and excellent start to life in a higher league.

A big "well done" to the parents of Alsagers No 2,who sheilded from the rain in a stand with 100 or so 1874's in it and then tried to defend their son (pick on the teenager) from our taunts.

Has anyone seen a worse pen given or taken than the one tonight?.

The league site has got 1874 goal scorer wrong,I think it was Short,is that right Vicki?.

Don't worry, I know why this has happened and an email has gone to the League to ask them to correct the site.

A good game tonight, right result? Not really, I think we showed at lot more passion to win than they did and therefore deserved the win. Having said that we were very lucky to get the point. Not many refs would have allowed our goal and the penalty miss went in our favor.

A great strike by Vics old player Michael Carr gave them the lead but did spur us on to play some nice football. I thought Brandon was feeling it a bit tonight and agreed with the substitution but thought it could have been earlier. Sacki should have been on earlier too for Matty Ward, who had a shocker tonight.

It will be interesting to see who starts on Sunday.

Disappointing that the team didn't get three points. In the balance of chances we should of again been out of sight.

Great strike by Mr Carr, flash back to the old days!

In complete agreeable on Ward, he has not played well the last couple of games. Brandon and Beadle look tired, Shorts introduction injected urgency. Why wasn't Hurst put on? Saki must start Sunday now, with Ward dropping out.

Back