• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Thoughts on the game tonight

I thought we we poor tonight, But created more than enough chances to win the game easily, Don't think Bailey on the wing works and we get to narrow.
Never seen so many loose/bouncing balls go straight to the opposition and the ref well awful doesn't really sum him up.
Oh well lets hope for an improved performance sunday and I suppose a point away is ok.
Fantastic away support again.

Team 6/10
Matty ward 2/10
Ref 3/10
Penalty award 2/10
Penalty take 1/10 (muppet!)
Catering 5/10
Food 7/10
Support 10/10

All in all thought a draw was a fair result. Think the ref knew he messed up with our goal maybe and award a soft pen to even things up. Conkie seemed pleased!!!!!

One of the most satisfying things about 1874 is that everybody is talking about football on he pitch again and of course most are smiling whilst doing so.
It was never going to be easy in this league and last nights game proved it again but games are all about goals and had we taken just a couple of the many we created in the first half then I guess there would be slightly different comments on this thread

We have to remember that Ian has decided on a different formation this season (maybe after hearing so many pleading last season for two up front!) as a result we are still in a "bedding in" situation. Danny Thomas is now sitting in front of the back four ( and doing very well in my humble opinion) leaving three others in midfield and chances were created with this line up with Bails,Connor and Matty involved.

But Matty Ward is some player and when he is firing we can be some team BUT other teams know this too and to be fair last night the opposition had done their homework and they had success in certain areas as a result.

It's still very much early days and we have a very good squad of players (with a few to come back from injury too) so we will be OK.

Fantastic support again and very much appreciated by everyone and we are still unbeaten!

I would not leave Matty Ward out of the team,anyone can have a bad game,and even when he was off form last night it needed two of there players to mark him.

In the first half we had plenty of joy down the flanks, but the final ball was poor & second half we were too narrow & again the final ball was poor.

I think we're missing Ryan Stewart hugely. With him missing Bails is out of position & if Wardy has a poor game then the central midfield doesn't function.

Still, 7 from 9 is a decent return

Reactions: Tez
In the first half we had plenty of joy down the flanks, but the final ball was poor & second half we were too narrow & again the final ball was poor.

I think we're missing Ryan Stewart hugely. With him missing Bails is out of position & if Wardy has a poor game then the central midfield doesn't function.

Still, 7 from 9 is a decent return

I thought so too.
Razza and Ashton playing at left back was an impressive combination at Blackpool.
Prefer to see danny central defence with Woolley as the sitting midfielder.
And bails, who is one of my favs, looks lost trying to play on the wing. Much more affective in the middle.
And yes, wardy is allowed the occasional off day!
I just think we look a little unbalanced at the mo......but enjoying the 1874 ride!!

Thought Bailey looked lost on the wing. We need more balance.

Brandon looked wary. Beadle looked lost.

Back 4 looked solid as ever.

Players to come out with credit last night - Short, Mitchell, Duckworth, Conner. Farnworth did okay too.

Still lets move on to our 1st ever FA Cup game! Exciting!

1 question on that though, why the 1:30pm kick off, I'd of missed it if someone hadn't mentioned it at the buttie van last night

Must get into the habit of putting chances away, to many well of target. The number of passes going wildly astray need also to be looked at.

Most laughable penalty I have EVER seen, much be in for an award somewhere !!.

1 question on that though, why the 1:30pm kick off, I'd of missed it if someone hadn't mentioned it at the buttie van last night

Advertised on the web-site and newsletter for some time and 1/2 page in the programme v Barnoldswick.

Timed to avoid the clash with the 4pm live game on Sky - which is Newcastle v City - that could have an impact on the attendance.

We do think about these things you know!

Because hopefully we will celebrate our very first FA Cup win in the bar, whilst watching Man City getting slaughtered on tv!!! (Don't tell my hubby I said that!)

Because hopefully we will celebrate our very first FA Cup win in the bar, whilst watching Man City getting slaughtered on tv!!! (Don't tell my hubby I said that!)
Yes wins for 1874, Newcastle and Swansea would be an acceptable weekend :)

Well said Brian. I also agree, Matty did not have his best game last night but across the season his high standard is fairly consistent. Patience is required - remember where we were this time last season and how we finished and

It was dropped points early last season that cost us a top two spot,realistically a top half finish would be great but with only one going up this could be a very boring league if we are safe and miles away from the top with three months to go! Not a moan just a observation :)

We need to take it 1 game at a time and there is a long long way to go

Back