• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Street has to go: Terrible run of matches, not getting any better

You get one of these days in football sometimes,you just move on.From the moment the linesman did not give the ball over the line,it was never going to be our day.I do not like to criticize the officials normally but the ref and one of linesmen were not up to the job.

Not as many as usual say about 75-100.
Conks should have started today other keeper ok but doesn't command the box , makes defence shaky. Personally don't think wardy and kirk can play together too similar. Virtually non existent wide men particularly second half on right side. Team set up poor

No idea what happened today as I wasn't there.
Looking at the injury situation I think Mitchell, Thomas & Lomas have not been available as a back 3 once this season.
Three at the back, Connor & James/Ledwards as wingbacks and then the front line gets more support.

I know we play 4-3-3 but too often it can end up as a 4-5-1 with Brandon isolated.

Just a thought, but I trust Streety to sort this blip out.

tbh, for me it made no sense to play Conkie today, if he wasn't 100% fit and he played and aggravated the old injury then we would be without a keeper for Wednesday. This way he has a few more days rest before taking up his usual position between the sticks... you can't blame the keeper for any of the goals today... he made some smart saves....

Are you a JRFC fan John?
No he isn't Matt, and if you'd checked his history you would realise that. However I do feel given the time when this was posted it was a knee jerk reaction.
Sometimes I wish people would think a little more or at the very least re-read what they write before hitting send.
For what its worth, I think we WILL win the league and bollocks to those who think we won't.

Make your mind up Matt.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Also find it strange that Muffin only posts when it's bad news?

What's that got to do with sacking Streety nothing at all am glad you believe we can still win the league and I hope your right come end of the season but just think we will fall short again unfortunately and like I said at start season I will be more than happy with top 4 again.

All I am saying is that there are a few wolves at our door that would love to jump on any discourse in our camp, especially at this point in time.
What we need to do is rally around our club, players and management team and give the positives of our club instead of posting the perceived negatives - they serve no purpose other than to undermine moral and confidence.
How would you feel at work if your boss (and basically that's what we as fans and owners are) told you, you were not fit for purpose and crap at your job, despite you giving your level best? Not very good man management that is it?
Get behind YOUR team because that's exactly whet they are.....YOUR TEAM, they belong to YOU.
Believe people, believe.

Last edited:
Anyone know what streety was sent off for Heard someone say he called he Lino a knob?

That's what the linesman claimed. Streetys reaction (and everyone else) to finding out that was the reason suggests otherwise...

All 3 officials were poor. What's the point having linesman that are only allowed to give offsides? And the even get that wrong.

You get one of these days in football sometimes,you just move on.From the moment the linesman did not give the ball over the line,it was never going to be our day.I do not like to criticize the officials normally but the ref and one of linesmen were not up to the job.
In this particular case Toddy I agree with you.

After the no goal the game went a bit flat and certainly confidence was hit when they scored. Up until then I thought we were playing some decent stuff, certainly better than last week. We gave the ball away too much and the end product of some of our play was poor. Beads showed that bit of quality when he came on and I thought Ryan Mitchel was excellent, except he needs target practice! He has had great chances from corners recently and headed over or wide.

3-1 flattered them but I didn't think we did enough to win the game. Can understand us giving the third goal as we were chasing the game. They were not a good team and we should be winning these games, however with so many injuries etc. we have to bear with things at the moment and continue to support the lads.

Perhaps we are struggling because we haven't improved the squad enough during the summer to cope with injuries!?
For me (and it's a personal opinion), every game I've seen Kirk play in he's been pretty poor.
We've not adde any solid dependable defenders who could command a regular place.
McNichol and Hill haven't really taken their opportunities when picked.
Haughton has pace but looks uninterested at times.
Some of last years squad haven't got into the season yet.
Ledwards has never really got me excited to watch for a so called wide man.
I honestly think Paul Connors could do a fantastic job further forward but we play a system that doesn't give him a lot of opportunities.
Perhaps it's time for a different system?
Would like to see a pair up front instead of Brandon looking so isolated so often.
Just a personal opinion.

Also find it strange that Muffin only posts when it's bad news?
Only post on here chubbs when i feel like doing so, which is what forums are about are they not. I heard enough discerning voices coming out of the ground yesterday to in my opinion warrant a post. I don't agree with people calling for streets head as the guy puts hours and hours into the job, but the facts are we were abysmal yesterday and for anyone to say otherwise must be joking. As for conks not being 100% he kicked more balls and did more in the warm up than he would have done all game

Confidence has clearly taken a hit over the last few matches, and when that goal that was about 15 miles over the line wasn't given, I got the feeling it was just going to be another one of those games. For those who say that we cant win the league this year, look at Formby 2 years ago at this point of the season they were basically treading water, look where they ended up that year!

... although I'd rather we didn't end up where they ended up, I know what you mean, and agree that it is far far too early to throw in the towel just because of a couple of bad results.

Back