• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Street has to go: Terrible run of matches, not getting any better

No doubt we will go and sign more players on as a knee jerk (probably won't know who until name appears on team sheet). The majority of the lads we have now are good enough WHEN they play in position. In all honesty I am not bothered if we win the league or not, and I am pretty sure that is not an ideal to those who run the club, I just want us to play a decent game and if we get beat so be it - as long as we did everything in our ability to win and stop blaming everyone else.

This is really our first bad run ever, so it's understandable for people to be frustrated. but 1 bad run in over 2 seasons? Not bad that, is it?

Yep I was there, the officials were poor but they usually are.
They clearly didn't see the incident but they saw Kirk try and take the law into his own hands and the ref obviously wasn't happy with the behavior of our manager.
Perhaps if we had an organized defence (preferably made up of defenders) and if we had kept the ball more, kept 11 players on the field, our manager in the dug out and generally played to the standard we are capable of.... then perhaps we would have got more out of the game.
Blaming the officials for the result is nonsense and I think you know that.

To be fair, I didn't say I blamed the officials, I said they had a big say in the outcome of the game... 1 up for us and it's a different game; they spot the incident with the 10 and deal with it (i.e sent him off for assault!), then kirk wouldn't have been sent and in turn Streety wouldn't have gone either

Title edited to remove eye-catching but rather excessive punctuation.

A message from John Butler:-

My remarks on Saturday last, were totally a knee jerk reaction, to the result. I have been to ALL the home games since the Great club was formed! I support them 110%, and the odd away games permitting. I am sorry for upsetting so many fans, but not intentionally meant. This was an innocent reaction like many other fans would make, in the heat of the moment up and down the Country!
I think Mr Street has done a wonderful job for the club, and I personally wish him all the best wishes for the season!

However, I do not take kindly to fans, who have sent me unkind messages via Facebook, and by other means of social media.......

I do wish to end on a positive note however, Please accept my sincere apologies EVERY ONE AND ALL! Up 1874! ( Just one exclamation!)

Please pass this on to all the fans Edge, and move on. Thank you John Butler.

Well done John.
Good post not sure why you didn't do it yourself but I am sure it took some thinking about. Yes I am sure you upset a few but at least you came on here and rectified some of the damage.

Not sure if you saw tonight's game, but the effort and guts put into tonight's game would make you proud. A good point tonight against a good team.

Same on Saturday please lads. Also thanks to Dilan for a good chat tonight.

Reactions: Ben
Back