• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Semi-finals draw

I believe this was the issue that Melksham had at the weekend - a group of 20/30 Reading fans came along to cause a bit of aggro. Sound familiar?
First thing that struck me about the photos with that article was the complete absence of club colours, scarves etc

Not much chance of putting green, black and white bunting up in town. Nothing to do with Northwich Town Council, need permission from Cheshire West and Chester Council and that could take several weeks.
Anyone got any contacts?

Probably worked out that all 4 teams are fairly happy with their opponents.
Thatcham would probably consider us the easiest team left to play as we probably did them. 2 north east teams will both get huge crowds being a short journey from each other.
Both us and Thatcham will feel they have a good chance.
May the best team win.....im sure we will ;).

It might be an old capacity or they may increase it.

Aerial shot of the ground shows it mostly uncovered and small (bar the little main stand) so the 1500 capacity is probably right. Hopefully it wont be lacing it down!

CD0BCEEC-8334-4977-8990-DE74857AE6E1.jpeg

Assuming away goal rule does NOT apply in the Vase?

According to the FA if scores are level after the second match plus extra time then it’s a penalty shootout to determine the winner.

First thing that struck me about the photos with that article was the complete absence of club colours, scarves etc

Not the point you were making I know but...

...'74 has some really nice merchandise and I reckon we're up there at the top when it comes to proportion of people who turn up to matches wearing some form, whether that's coats, hats, scarves, shirts, training shirts, etc.

Would love for us to be in a position to release a Vase Final special edition of the shirt! The prize money has been discussed but there's a whole host of merchandising opportunities for the eventual finalists too.

Great draw, for us and Thatcham for that matter. I’m sure we both wanted to avoid facing NL opposition at this stage. Just like Alan, drawing Thatcham represents a much shorter drive for the away leg. There’s no mistaking this will be a tough 180 minutes worth of Vase football ahead of the lads and the 1874 support, but ...... dare we dare to dream .... now we’ve got this far? :scarf::D

152 miles (2 hours 30 mins) and just a mere 36 junctions along the M4 for me. An easy run once you get past Newport and over the Bridge. Praying things fall into place this time so I can join the Elite Riff Raff on the road. Regardless, I'll certainly be at the second leg on the 24th. :scarf:

Always going to be a tough tie at the semi-final stage. That said, I think we've played yet another blinder avoiding the NL sides until the final. Yes, Thatcham will be tough but they would have been my preference for sure. Play anything like we're capable of and show the character we have so far on this cup run and we're giving ourselves every chance. Come on 74!

When will we know if it is all ticket ? It is only 60 miles from me and I don't want to miss it as I cant get to the second leg.

Same here (though it's more a "not sure about 2nd leg" for me).

Looking at the You Tube video from 10 days ago there's not much grass down the middle of the pitch although it does seem pretty flat.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Back