• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Semi-finals draw

The ground looks quite bobbly again, but probably better than LT's ground on Saturday.
Having watched that video I have one MAJOR request to make to the board. If we consider changing our shirts next season can we please NOT copy the "green" of Windsor! Probably the worst shirts I have ever seen, worse than the dayglow away shirts the VIcs had at one stage and the orange and black monstrosities of Canvey Island. And as for the goalies colours....

The ground looks quite bobbly again, but probably better than LT's ground on Saturday.
Having watched that video I have one MAJOR request to make to the board. If we consider changing our shirts next season can we please NOT copy the "green" of Windsor! Probably the worst shirts I have ever seen, worse than the dayglow away shirts the VIcs had at one stage and the orange and black monstrosities of Canvey Island. And as for the goalies colours....

Just think Richard, if you were are goalie would you play in Pink! I certainly wouldn't.

Getting back to this video, there doesn't seem a way that segregation could take place at this ground and I know Vicki was looking at this for the Semi in view of the Leighton farcical stewardship.

It would be difficult to segregate - isn't it a shame this has to be discussed? Could be done at Wincham but I get the feeling that if there is any problem it will be likely to be at Thatcham. How effective is segregation anyway? I remember a couple of games at the Victoria stadium, I believe against FCUM, where it took place and they were throwing their money at us over the gap. Of course at Oxford they had a massive gap between us and them.
As for pink. I refereed Wellingborough RUFC back in the 70s and they played in red and white hoops. They were not colour fast shirts so in fact they played in light and dark pink hoops - something they were not too happy about!

I think I am correct in saying that if you designate a game “all ticket” you have to have some form of segregation. Anyone out there know if i’m correct in this assumption?

FA Vase rule 21 ...
21 (a) In all matches except the Final, the Visiting Club shall have the right to claim up to 15% of
all accommodation for which tickets are issued providing these tickets are in a fully
segregated area ... (there follow 8 sub-regulations!)
21 (b) Where it is deemed desirable, the National Game Board shall have the right to vary the
allocation of tickets to the Visiting Club, or require a match to be made all ticket.

As always, the FA rules are woollier than the average Merino.

It only says that ticketed areas should be segregated (which didn't happen at Leighton and would be difficult at Thatcham). But if it is all-ticket, then presumably that rule applies by default. One of the sub-reg's also says a ticket decision should be made within 2 days of the draw, so theoretically by tomorrow (though it doesn't give a time limit on the FA deciding to make a game all-ticket)

This shows a bit more about the ground and pub nearby.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but if a match is to be "all ticket", should it also be segregated?

Looking at their ground I don't see how it could be segregated (same as Winsford).

Interesting Alan. Sadly it seems not without incident off the field though (about 6:50 in on the clip).

Look forward to hearing about arrangements for us all once they’ve been sorted out :D:scarf:

Good video for the setting etc. Pack your wellies.
Why do people see the need to let off flares?

Interview with the Thatcham Manager on BBC Radio Berkshire on Friday night.
A fairly benign interview for the most part, but we do get a mention at the end.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

More views of that delightful Windsor kit, too.

Back