• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Quiz

Thought it might have been the 37/38 Cheshire Senior Cup final.

With it being a Saturday, late in the season I assume it's a Cup final?

Here is another clue,it was a Cheshire Senior Cup semi final.

That's right Mark.Sorry edge when you said Crewe Res,you were very close but it was stated on the programme Crewe Alex,that's why I gave you the clue (not a reserve team)But if you come and see me on Tuesday night I will get you and Mark a 50/50,remember if you win half to the club also any other winners come and see me for their ticket.

Can't make it Tuesday so let Mark have it.
I found a link that said Congleton beat Crewe Alex Reserves in the final :)

That's right Mark.Sorry edge when you said Crewe Res,you were very close but it was stated on the programme Crewe Alex,that's why I gave you the clue (not a reserve team)But if you come and see me on Tuesday night I will get you and Mark a 50/50,remember if you win half to the club also any other winners come and see me for their ticket.

Cheers Toddy, if it wins please put it in the bin (and by bin I mean the fund not the actual bin :))

This weeks programme is a Cheshire Senior Cup Semi-Final,name the two teams.CSC FRONT.jpeg CSC INSIDE.jpeg

Toddy the programme says Northwich Victoria founded 1874. Is that correct I thought you said it was Northwich Hare and Hounds FC until 1875.

Last edited:
Paul as it has been proved it is not correct,Paul Lavel's research discovered that,as it did with the Witton foundation (by the way when are Witton going to correct that information on your programme and stands?).By the way Paul I did not have anything to do with the information on that programme it was before I was born believe it or not.

Can't answer that Toddy as I'm only a supporter of Witton. Fair play to admitting V*cs programmes were always also slightly out with the date as well though.

Paul as it has been proved it is not correct,Paul Lavel's research discovered that,as it did with the Witton foundation (by the way when are Witton going to correct that information on your programme and stands?).By the way Paul I did not have anything to do with the information on that programme it was before I was born believe it or not.
bloody hell must be a long time ago then:p

Paul if you remember I was the one who highlighted Paul Lavel's research to try and correct the true fact's,not to cause trouble but to put the true history of both clubs right,it is our duty to put the the true information there for future generation's.
Anyway back to the programme who were the two teams?.

Paul if you remember I was the one who highlighted Paul Lavel's research to try and correct the true fact's,not to cause trouble but to put the true history of both clubs right,it is our duty to put the the true information there for future generation's.
Anyway back to the programme who were the two teams?.
Agree entirely toddy and I hope that future generations have as much enjoyment as I did back in the day watching local football when times were good. As for the question I've no idea sorry. I'd take a punt that one of the clubs must be V*cs, Witton or ICI it looks a very old programme.

Got you with this one,here's a clue.The game was played during the war.

Here's another clue.One played in Blue and White the other played in Red and White.

Here is the answer.
The game was played on 17-2-1940 at the Drill Field it was a Cheshire Senior Cup Semi Final replay between Vics and Winsford United the first game ended in a 0-0 draw at Winsford,Vics won the game 5-2.The reason the game was played on home grounds was because of the war.
Next weeks programme will be easy.

The programme is this weeks Question,who are the two teams,(easy)Witch.jpeg

Surprised no one has got the two teams in this programme.

Back