• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Quiz

Should have got that from comparing the two teams in the 2 programmes :(

This weeks programme is when Vics played a foriegn team. Can you name the team to win your 50/50 Ticket
Same rules apply. Good Luck!:scarf:
NC OUTSIDE.jpeg NC INSIDE 2.jpeg NV INSIDE.jpeg

Love these old ad's! And the phrasing in the prog notes.
"Debt Redemption Fund", now there's a concept for JR & Co, whose "views on administration" are perhaps not quite so "highly regarded". ;)

I'll give someone else a chance to give the answer, since I've already got one 50-50 ticket lined up. :)

Interesting that Davies (George?) had scored 58 that season - did he make it to 60 in this match?
Also the programmes attention to detail is amazing, even telling us the colour of the Vics players knickers.

I suspect "a really low ebb" as quoted in the article about Mr Fred Johnson would be a triumph to JRFC.

I expect his keen perception and business sense would not be welcome though.

I bet that poor Mr Johnson is spinning in his grave

Have you read Harry Ware's note's on the players,what they did in the war.

Garry I will get your 50/50 next home game.
The game was played on 28-4-1948 Vics winning 1-0 with Len Wooton scoring,the gate was 4,700 and takings of £270.
Next weeks programme will be a lot harder anyone who gets it will get two 50/50s

Here is this weeks programme if you get this without clue's you will get two 50/50s.The cover of the programme is lower down the post. Loughbrough inside.jpeg Loughbrough outside.jpeg

Last edited:
Here's a clue.They are a works team and have two teams one played in the Biirmingham and District League the other in Central Alliance League.This game was a F.A Cup Tie and was played on 10-11-1951 with a gate of 5,500.

Well done Andy D,but only one 50/50 because of the clue,come see me at the next home game.

Will do Andy.
By the way I wonder if the two players high-lighted in the programme by my dad ever had trials or played for Witton,one for you Wittoner's

This week programme.Name the two teams,same rules apply.Chester outside.jpeg Chester inside.jpeg

Back