• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Quiz

Can't be Chester despite clues elsewhere? - weren't they Chester City in those days (and that wouldn't fit in Toddy's gap ;) )?

But on reflection I'll change my mind and say ...

Chester v Chelsea

Think the "city" was a later addition Alan and the reformed club have omitted it to revert back to their original name.

It is the above,the game was played on 16-1-1952 and was F.A. Cup 3rd round replay after Chester had drawn at Chelsea if Chester had won they would have played Trammere Rovers in the next round.Who do I get the 50/50 for,Dave or Alan?.
I think Coffin was later to play for Rhyl and then Winsford the Chester centre forward,but I will stand corrected if thats not the case.

Dave can have it - (a) I've got one banked already and (b) I wouldn't have been prompted to do a bit more digging without him. In the end I resorted to googling the left back's unusual name and then trawling the Chelsea archives. How sad is that? Oh for a return to some real football to pass the time! Or something decent on telly to wind down to.

Quiz PROG outside.jpeg Quiz PROG inside.jpegThis weeks Programme is a hard one so i have left some clues on the programme if you get both teams featured you will have earned your 50/50 same rules apply
(The year is 1958)

Missed that under the MASSIVE picture of the programme ;-)

In which case I'll go with Woodford Town vs Stevenage.

Last edited:
Got you with this one,Mark the first team is correct who is the other?.

Here is the answer,the other club Hornchurch and Upminster the game was played on 25-1-1958.

Here is this weeks programme same rules get both teamsCA V WA.jpeg CA V WA Inside.jpeg

Congleton Town & Crewe Reserves?

Sorry Edge no,one clue is it's not a reserve team.

Back