• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Prediction League - Runcorn Town (H) - NWCFL - 10th Dec

Stuck at work and glued to the shout box. Superb character to grab the winner having been pulled back from 2up. Well done to all the players, Ian and the management. A few drinks tonight me thinks............

Sounds like Street has started to listen to the criticism and take it on board.

Hope it continues, crowds will grow and the club will grow.

It's nice to win a game like that for a change! There's been games in the past like that one, where we would've lost our heads and ultimately the game, so it's great that we managed to pull through and get the 3 points. We all saw what McGowan's winner meant, not only to the players, but also to the fans as well. That was a big 3 points today, 5 points behind Town with a game in hand. More big games to come though, we get through them, we can really believe that we can win promotion at the end of the season.

Shame about the officials though. They were poor all round today, that penalty simply wasn't a penalty, the guy lost his footing more than anything, plus there were 2 players that could've been sent off. Then there were the offsides and not playing advantage despite there being clear advantages in our favour, where the free kick would end up being a hindrance. I'll leave it at that with them.

It's also very nice to go to a game in December and not need a coat. :scarf:

Fantastic result today, really pleased for the lads and the fans. Stuck to the task until the end and were suitably rewarded. Uncomfortable afternoon for me glued to twitter updates with everything crossed, but it was worth it Pleased for AlanM too, it will make the trip back down to Dorset all the more pleasanter and that must be your personal hoodoo well and truly broken now?
Alan M is now our official good luck charm and will be allowed back into the SLBS.:scarf::p:scarf:

Whether your shirt was green or red today the referee was awful, so we'll draw a line under that
......................................................................................................................................................................
Wow what a result, sorry Vicki I'm going to mention some names!
Lee Jones - to come into a game like this and perform so well takes some doing
Scott - on the edge of offside all game and ran them ragged, brilliant finishes.
Tyler - brilliant first half, faded a bit but stuck at it.
Sam Hare - quality all game
Sam Hind - gave everything as always and some great attempts to score.
Greg - two outstanding saves in the first half that kept us on the front foot.
Mitch - some brilliant interceptions and determined headers
Mark Jones - As consistent as ever, steadies the defence.
Tom - Really wanted it, his partnership with Scott works perfectly
Russy - Again as determined to win as ever and his influence is infectious.
Darius - a man mountain in midfield, got a knock in the second half but was determined to carry on the fight
Jack W - came on and filled in well at full back for last 20 mins or so.
Phil Lea - Fantastic celebrations!!!
In summary at great all round performance. First half was the best half of the season, a silly penalty decision could have spoiled things but I thought we had weathered the storm and were coming more into it when they got their second from a defensive mistake. But to then again take the game to them and score made my birthday special!
Thank you to everyone concerned.
Proper awayday next week so don't expect a summary like this. Just want a similar result and performance.

Last edited:
Alan- Don't forget Greg's double point blank saves in the 2nd half when I think the score was 2-2!

Mr Riding - I'll forgive you !!! :D :scarf:

I want to thank everyone for their positive comments. All that I and the Club ask is that there is balance on the Forum/social media. If we don't play well, then we understand that there will be debate (without giving individuals 'what for' please) however for people to follow up when it's been positive and to see a significant number of good posts is the right thing to do and is appreciated.

So I will now say.........
"Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttttttttt iiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnn". Jesus, still buzzing! Celebrations after Scotty's goal matched those when MvB scored against Eccleshall (I have the canvas). I didn't even need cider last night to celebrate, just thinking about the effort from everyone, including the supporters on the terraces, kept me 'high'! See what can be achieved if we all stick together.

After a very good social evening on Friday, two community initiatives yesterday where we felt proud to help and then to witness our lads give their all for the Club, well, would you want to be anywhere else?!

Would just like to add a sub note:
Just for the Runcorn no:7 Joe Holt who came over to wind us all up with a 2-2 finger sign after they equalised......
How'd you like them eggs Shirley!!l lol! :finger.
(And get your hair cut you tart!!):oops:.

Yesterday's gate was the biggest in the league including Linnet's.And remember we don't count no attending season ticket holder's.

Noticed he was one of two Town players who walked straight off the pitch at the final whistle without shaking hands.
:scarf::scarf::scarf:- :eek::eek:
Very unsporting !

Wouldn't expect any less from town
Well done lads see you at liverpool

I couldn't go due to work but it sounds like I missed a great game. Well done lads. That is an absolutely massive win in the context of our title challenge, as win our game in hand and we're within two points of Town. I can't wait for the next game I'll be able to get to - a Boxing Day derby game against Winsford! :scarf:

Sounds like Street has started to listen to the criticism and take it on board.

Hope it continues, crowds will grow and the club will grow.
Andy - might I just ask you to have some common decency and at least use our unbelievably hard-working and dedicated manager's first name rather than referring to him in the manner you have done.

In my opinion, your use of Ian's surname alone is very disrespectful and is certainly not in keeping with the ethics of our club - which I hope that all our fans / members support and embrace.

You might not agree with his tactics, team selection etc - that is football and why we love it so much - but I hope that you would at least respect his position in the club and the amazing job he has done for us.

As my old chap used to say, try to treat everyone you meet in life in the same way that you would want to be.

Back