• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

On the move

Get Sam Hind up top alongside Scott McGowan in a 4-4-2 and bring in another quick forward to provide some competition (preferably someone with experience of playing at a higher level).

As has been said elsewhere, I also believe we are crying out for some pace and flair in midfield. Get the ball on the deck and wingers flying down the flanks - Sam will win plenty of crosses in the air and Scotty is among the best poachers in the league, lethal in and around the six-yard box.

Despite Mitch's departure, I still think we've got a good number of options at the back. With Connor, Russell, DT, Lomas and Meadowcroft, one of them will be benched before we even contemplate bringing in another big centre half. That's a big name to leave out of the starting lineup week in, week out (especially if we focus on a settled and consistent back four, which we know is key to success). Perhaps Goody and Bows have other ideas though and push DT further forward into a holding role - we've seen him play there several times before. That then allows Mark Jones to roam further forward and have greater influence on attacking moves.

Oh, to be a non-league manager! :D

One of the main reasons that we didn't have a settled back four last season was DT's work commitments meaning that he could very rarely play two games a week, as much as I like him its not helpful to the team when we're constantly having to put Woolley or Jones at CB to cover for Danny, so if we have one or two more options in that position then it'll make us a lot stronger in that area

One of the main reasons that we didn't have a settled back four last season was DT's work commitments meaning that he could very rarely play two games a week, as much as I like him its not helpful to the team when we're constantly having to put Woolley or Jones at CB to cover for Danny, so if we have one or two more options in that position then it'll make us a lot stronger in that area
So far this pre-season, Danny hasn't missed a session. He looks very sharp ready for the season!

Matt wasn't with us from the start - joined in Feb 2014

Another player thats impressed me this pre-season: Matt Woolley. Didnt have a great time last season, but has looked a total different lad this time around, not missed a session either!

Another player thats impressed me this pre-season: Matt Woolley. Didnt have a great time last season, but has looked a total different lad this time around, not missed a session either!
We haven't started pre season??

Registration day!!.
After last year when we had a lot of quality players announced I'm looking forward (hopefully) to seeing some quality added this season that will get us excited. ;)
And of course keeping some quality from last!
I await with baited breath for the first news!! :D.

Having done a few quick Google searches after reading the report from yesterday's friendly, here's what I've discovered:

Lee Jackson was formerly at Congleton.
Ben Woods is an attacking full back who has previously played for Radcliffe Boro and Ramsbottom at a higher level (Goody's connections).
Kazim Waite-Jackson is a midfielder, also from Congleton.
Dan Goodwin is an U21 player registered in Nov 2016.

Having done a few quick Google searches after reading the report from yesterday's friendly, here's what I've discovered:

Lee Jackson was formerly at Congleton.
Ben Woods is an attacking full back who has previously played for Radcliffe Boro and Ramsbottom at a higher level (Goody's connections).
Kazim Waite-Jackson is a midfielder, also from Congleton.
Dan Goodwin is an U21 player registered in Nov 2016.
Ben woods has already played for us!!....good going forward, wasn't so good at defending!
5 games 2015/16 season...hope he's improved!.

Last edited:
Well, into July and the signings window has opened!

Looking forward to some official announcements from the club as to who we've signed and who's staying for this season! Shouldn't be too long now before they reveal who's joining us I'm guessing, as we've been told we wait for the official opening to announce our signings :scarf:

Last edited:
Well into July
It's the 2nd!!? Hardly well into July is it?!?!
Being as it's the weekend I doubt that the registrations can be sent until tomorrow so I doubt if we want to announce any players until they have ACTUALLY been registered!!.
Give Vicki a chance!!....she has a life too you know!!

I think you've taken that out of context Blackie. I wasn't saying well as in the time sense, it was a way to start the message. I missed my comma out, I shall amend this!

Back