• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

On the move

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
5 Game Player
Jun 24, 2013
Stu Tulluch is resuming his playing career, but not announced where.

Jordan Bove has gone to Stockport Town

Stuey has gone to Alsager - or so he said on Twitter.

Great enthusiastic guy, hope he has fun resuming his playing.
Good luck Stu.

Slightly worried with losing players obviously got faith in Bow and Wayne to replace them just would of rather had a settled squad going into pre season

Slightly worried with losing players obviously got faith in Bow and Wayne to replace them just would've rather had a settled squad going into pre season

They've probably got a good idea of who's in and who's out, we just can't announce who's in before 1st July due to paperwork and stuff. Been through it before...

Bring Streety back. Sorry, but players leaving is inevitable when the manager goes....

Thank god we have Carl on a contract :scarf::cigar

If Vicki says to chill, I'm guessing there's some decent signings to be announced! Personally I think the managers are doing a great job, I've felt the past two seasons we weren't sharp or fit enough and they are clearly addressing this. They talk sense and seem very professional.

Slightly worried with losing players obviously got faith in Bow and Wayne to replace them just would of rather had a settled squad going into pre season

NO club at this level has a settled squad before pre-season begins. All clubs from NPL down are at this point relying on the assurance of players that they will re-sign or join a particular club. Even those who will be signing contracts will only be tied to the club courtesy of a pre-contract agreement. Nothing is ever assured until player registrations are lodged. Yes the hiatus in-between seasons causes us all to be restless and impatient for news, and obviously other clubs seemingly jumping the gun with announcements doesn't help. But trust in Bows and Goody ..... and definitely Vicki; they all know what they want to achieve and more importantly, how to get it :scarf:

Bring Streety back. Sorry, but players leaving is inevitable when the manager goes....

Thank god we have Carl on a contract :scarf::cigar

Players leaving happens when a Manager stays too though doesn't it Paul ;), Bauress a case in point? Unfortunately that's the nature of non-league football, players move on whether we like it or not and no matter how well they are looked after or highly regarded. At NWCFL level, where contracts (understandably so) are few and far between, this inevitably is much more common. Even when players are contracted they can force a move.

We've lost one 1st team regular, a squad player & a coach. Hardly a mass desertion.

It's only because other clubs announce signings, before they can be registered, that it looks a bit lob-sided

Just on my way to support our Managers, ensuring that our DOUBLE training session runs smoothly today.
No, I am not getting my boots on, I am delivering refreshments! :D:scarf:
Whoever is in the squad, they should be fit!!

Reactions: Tez
Vicki how many players are taking part in training?

Just on my way to support our Managers, ensuring that our DOUBLE training session runs smoothly today.
No, I am not getting my boots on, I am delivering refreshments! :D:scarf:
Whoever is in the squad, they should be fit!!
Thank God for that. I really thought we were having to scrape the barrel by signing you on!!!

NO club at this level has a settled squad before pre-season begins. All clubs from NPL down are at this point relying on the assurance of players that they will re-sign or join a particular club. Even those who will be signing contracts will only be tied to the club courtesy of a pre-contract agreement. Nothing is ever assured until player registrations are lodged. Yes the hiatus in-between seasons causes us all to be restless and impatient for news, and obviously other clubs seemingly jumping the gun with announcements doesn't help. But trust in Bows and Goody ..... and definitely Vicki; they all know what they want to achieve and more importantly, how to get it :scarf:

Players leaving happens when a Manager stays too though doesn't it Paul ;), Bauress a case in point? Unfortunately that's the nature of non-league football, players move on whether we like it or not and no matter how well they are looked after or highly regarded. At NWCFL level, where contracts (understandably so) are few and far between, this inevitably is much more common. Even when players are contracted they can force a move.

Completely agree Tez but I think it would be fair to say that even contracts at the very highest level (ie Premier League etc) rarely appear to be worth the paper they are written on nowadays too! I was trying to make the point (not very well!) that in your league (and Witton's) many players often follow the manager to a new club, just look at Phil Parkinson at Alty. Half of Nantwich's squad have gone there!

As for Bauress I felt another season with us would do him good and a Division 2 club or even higher would come in for him eventually, he really was that good for us last season (and no disrespect to Barrow - it could prove to be an excellent choice and another foot up the ladder for him). Having said that I wish hm all the best and I would be delighted if he succeeded in football. It is one of the pleasures of being a non league fan seeing "one of your own" going on to bigger and better things, albeit with a tinge of sadness too. I'm sure you guys were the same with your young players at the Vics and will be in the future with 1874.

Well said Paul totally agree, just as long as streety doesn't take any of our current first teamers.

Tyler to join Jordan Bove at Stockport Town and Tom Bailey not re-joining us. Wants to play nearer to home and work.

Looking forward to seeing who WG and PB will bring in as replacements. :scarf:

Hmm. not to worried about Tyler (I blow hot and cold over him) and Jordan but tom is bad news. However, I am sure a good replacement will be found (and we still have Scotty).

Back