• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

On the move

At the end of last season I said we should not keep Carey or Bove and was undecided on Tyler.

Losing Tom Bailey is a blow, we have other attacking options Sam Hind, Ryan Jackson, Scott McGowan and Adam Whitlock but no obvious centre forward. 30+ goals per season is going to be difficult to replace.

Tyler to join Jordan Bove at Stockport Town and Tom Bailey not re-joining us. Wants to play nearer to home and work.

Looking forward to seeing who WG and PB will bring in as replacements. :scarf:
Looks like Stockport are assembling a decent squad, Clarke has also joined them from Vics.
I'm sure Bows and Goody have the situation in hand , as disappointing as it is that Tom has left us.

Gutted to hear this, seems like Chappie has some inside information, on facebook a while ago he predicted that Tom and Mitch wouldn't be with us this season and unfortunately he's right

All the best Tom, pleasure to sponsor you last season.

Excited to see how the new look 1874 Northwich shape up this coming season...:scarf:

Best defender gone and now our best forward not a good start to pre season.
I am with Paul above and await to see who we sign but hell they will have to be good to stop us going backwards.
Ditto! I hope they have some damn good contacts because that's two of our best and most consistent players gone.

Reactions: pdw
Gutted to hear this, seems like Chappie has some inside information, on facebook a while ago he predicted that Tom and Mitch wouldn't be with us this season and unfortunately he's right
He may well also have been on a wind up Josh when he posted.

Players will come and go.

Cast your minds back to last season...

We lost Beadle (Colne), Brandon (Retired), Jackson (Nantwich) Wardy (Left)

4 huge, influencial players left 1874 last summer and we did just fine.

This season, so far, we have seen Bailey and Mitch move on. Tulloch, Bove and Tyler have all made a move to the league below.

No panic, im sure Bows and Goody will provide adequate replacements.

We always worry when what we see as the better players going it's only natural.
If we are 10 games in and things are going to s**t then I'll start to worry.
Pre season always sees lots of comings and goings at this level.
Not too worried yet, don't mind seeing big individuals going, maybe we will get a team that plays as a team!?

It is obviously very sad to see players leave, especially the more influential lads. However I can tell you that the situations over both Mitch and Bails were beyond our control. In Tom's case, he has been offered a great opportunity to further his 'work' career, but this means a change of location and hours. As I understand it, he wouldn't be leaving work until 6.30pm and therefore would have no chance of getting to the game in time. He would play in 'some' games and that isn't helpful for him or the team.

Both Mitch and Tom agonised over their decisions, which shows what a good club we are, however both took decisions based on what is best for them personally.

No issues, no dramas 'behind the scenes'. Both lads were up front with Bow & Goody and received their thanks for being so open and honest. They have both been wished the very best and both have asked me to pass on their good wishes to everyone at 1874.

So ladies and gents, this is football at step 5. No big contracts at our level, holding players at the club. We just need to continue to get behind the lads that remain in the squad and of course, any new players that come in. I know everyone will do that.

No surprise to me that Tom Bailey has left the club. I have heard that he will be signing for West Didsbury & Chorlton. Our loss is most definitely their gain.

Every Season we seem to lose our best player and even though they are replaced its still worrying to face this every season, just wish we could keep these players and build a better team with them. We need to build if we are to challenge for top spot not demolish our team. We seem to be going the wrong way. I love this club which makes me worry when negative things happen.

The thing is, players move for different reasons (as you realise). Chancing their arm at a higher standard, moving for much more money, leaving because 1874 doesn't fit their successful career off the park. I'm pleased that all the 'best' players generally leave on excellent terms, having made the difficult decision to move on. The fact that they have to debate to go higher (for example) shows what a good club we are and how they have enjoyed it.

So whilst we don't want them to leave, and they maybe don't want to really, the situation has made it that way.

Some clubs may pay ridiculous money to players, we can't and won't do that. If that means it takes us a couple more years for success whilst balancing the books, then in my eyes, so be it!

Some clubs may pay ridiculous money to players, we can't and won't do that. If that means it takes us a couple more years for success whilst balancing the books, then in my eyes, so be it!
Well said Vicki, that's the whole thing summed up there!
Would we all like to see the club overspending and going to shite like the last lot??....I don't think we do.
Looking at the big picture so far...
Defence: we've lost Mitch....not ideal but there are lots of good defenders out there, and given we still have (I hope!), Thomas, Conner, Russell and I think Lomas.....that's a lot of quality still in the squad. Put a big thug centre half in there and I think we are still looking ok.
Midfield: Quality in Mark Jones...and then tbh, I think we struggle for the quality we need, and the lack of goals last season showed that.
Get a fit Ryan Jackson back and I think that's a huge step towards what we are looking for.
Forwards: To me the biggest loss so far. Tom was fantastic with his 30 goal plus and is going to be hard to replace. But then after Brandon was Beadle, and after Beadle came Bailey....so all we need to do is sign a striker who's surname begins with B....simples!!
Plus Scotty scored a fantastic number given the amount of starts.
All in all, way too early for the panic button yet....looking forward to the new signings (I hope!)

Thought Darius was going to be the answer to the midfield problems last season, but didn't turn out that way at all.
As for Kirky, hope he gets a starting place otherwise he'll be off elsewhere :)

For me Aaron is a quality player, similar to George Riley... they are great if they are given time on the ball....unfortunately at this level, that is a luxury!! Anyone remember George bossing the game away at Padiham...

Back