• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

NPL watch 22/23

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
5 Game Player
Jun 24, 2013
Glossop & Mossley have scored two goals in two games & have maximum points.
Macc are top though after impressive wins at Leek & home to Clitheroe.

Workington probably the biggest surprise with a single point from two games.

F.A. Cup watch - Just the one shock result for NPL West clubs yesterday

Leek Town 1 - 5 Athertstone Town

A23DFB69-B3D3-49DE-860A-E67DBC4CDBF7.jpeg
They might be glad of of “a few spies” in the coming weeks and months ?. 303 was a surprisingly poor attendance by Witton standards, particularly given they are supposed to be fully behind the club, the Manager, team and a new beginning? Maybe the revolution is stuck in reverse ???‍♂️

View attachment 2347
They might be glad of of “a few spies” in the coming weeks and months ?. 303 was a surprisingly poor attendance by Witton standards, particularly given they are supposed to be fully behind the club, the Manager, team and a new beginning? Maybe the revolution is stuck in reverse ???‍♂️
Not many there from Tividale and it was an "all pay" gate which always puts a few off !!

Bootle 1 Congleton 4 in the Cup last night!
And Kidsgrove went out to Lye Town AET

Mossley came from 2 down & a man down to get a last minute winner at Colne.
GNE also scored in the last minute to grab a point against Leek.

Mossley & Macc the only 100% teams now.

They started badly last season, changed the manager & then did really well.

Will that work out a second time?

They started badly last season, changed the manager & then did really well.

Will that work out a second time?
There will no shortage of applicants for the position I’m sure. The new Manager might have his work cut out with motivating the troops unless the alleged promised bonus for avoiding relegation last season eventually makes an appearance ??‍♂️?

Just thought I'd have a quick look back on here as my team is visiting your local rivals Witton on Saturday, the division seems very even this year so far,to be fair Trafford looked really good in 2nd half Tuesday, Prescot were their usual at home ultra competitive and Mossley who were gifted a last minute winner were also physical and should be up there all season. I'm hoping for a good win on Saturday after looking at wittons forum and someone saying that we were good last year but poor now and they are expecting an easy win.
Finally a question do witton draw their support from accross northwich or is it from an area

Not sure if you know the town centre at all Mick, but Witton’s ground used to be where the Sainsbury’s Supermarket now sits which is roughly just off the main high street. Similar to Vics, Albion draw from fans from the town and surrounding areas. So catchment not confined to Wincham, Marston, Lostock (all conurbations around Wincham Park). Not part of the question, but 1874 likewise to some extent. Like all clubs these days supporters migrate to wider local and national locations due to work, education etc, so support drawn entirely from the Town these days.

Not sure if you know the town centre at all Mick, but Witton’s ground used to be where the Sainsbury’s Supermarket now sits which is roughly just off the main high street. Similar to Vics, Albion draw from fans from the town and surrounding areas. So catchment not confined to Wincham, Marston, Lostock (all conurbations around Wincham Park). Not part of the question, but 1874 likewise to some extent. Like all clubs these days supporters migrate to wider local and national locations due to work, education etc, so support drawn entirely from the Town these days.
Thanks for that, shame I'm at work Saturday because I fancied a run down ,must be very difficult to have 3 clubs at similar levels in a town of that size especially with the proximity to the Merseyside and Manchester clubs

Thanks for that, shame I'm at work Saturday because I fancied a run down ,must be very difficult to have 3 clubs at similar levels in a town of that size especially with the proximity to the Merseyside and Manchester clubs
I think currently we all have our own perspective regarding vision and more importantly how we want to run our respective clubs. But you are correct in identifying that pulling in new fans is a constant challenge.

Just thought I'd have a quick look back on here as my team is visiting your local rivals Witton on Saturday, the division seems very even this year so far,to be fair Trafford looked really good in 2nd half Tuesday, Prescot were their usual at home ultra competitive and Mossley who were gifted a last minute winner were also physical and should be up there all season. I'm hoping for a good win on Saturday after looking at wittons forum and someone saying that we were good last year but poor now and they are expecting an easy win.
Finally a question do witton draw their support from accross northwich or is it from an area
A Witton fan buoyed by optimism after last week's cup win no doubt. So after being relegated last season , I wouldn't take anything said on the forum with any degree of certainty and wouldn't expect anything other than a highly competitive game.

We are all after the same 1000 ish Northwich supporters, 1874, Vics, Witton, and Barnton. Witton and ourselves now attract around the same 250-300 ish fans, Vics less so 150-200 ish and Barnton around the 100 ish.

We have only played 2 games in the league so far and we have again been the ultra inconsistent of last season. Although our average age has now drastically reduced with the addition of some new signings and a few of the Under 21's stepping up. Witton now have 4 of our past players and I would expect them to end up in mid table.

I have seen this season Prescot, Kidsgrove, Linnets, Ramsbottom, City of Liverpool and Hanley. Having watched the Rammy/COL game last Saturday and the Linnets/Hanley game of Tuesday there was a vast difference in the standard of football. I would expect the latter two to be around the playoffs come the end of the season. It will be a tight league this year excluding the obvious team. I think we would all like to see them blow it but that will not happen as funds will be made available for Ronaldo should they slip up I'm sure. We have two other contenders for playoffs this weekend in Clitheroe and Leek so I'm sure we will have a better picture this time next week.

Hope you have a great time in Northwich town centre on Saturday. There are some decent "establishments" for refreshment and the "Swampy's" ground is about 25 mins walk from the top of town.

CoL manager gone

I guess Workington are now the crisis club after Linnets win yesterday.

I guess Workington are now the crisis club after Linnets win yesterday.
After the weekend we've had I would think so ,only offset for me by working shifts and ending up missing both games. Our social media in meltdown with complaints and general whingeing, problem you have is a few good seasons and you start attracting extra supporters who dont understand that by attaching yourself to a non league team you are bringing on years and years of disappointment. Never mind a fa cup trip to South shields is something to look forward to

Carl Macauley has joined McNulty at Bootle in a reversal of their Witton roles.

If he'd waited a few days he might have been a favourite for the CoL job.

Back