• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Northwich Vics

I think that it would have to be Witton.
We played them a few months ago and the atmosphere and excitement was like the Good Old Days with local derbies.

We have a very productive and equitable relationship with Winsford and rivalry isn't an issue.

JRFC is an irrelevance.

Last edited:
I'm more welcoming than chanting at people who have gone back to watch a game if that's what you mean?

Tony, the split has caused a lot of mistrust and wariness of new people (ask Trev!). We are in the main an agreeable bunch though.
If you are serious about coming back to local footy have a butchers at some of the films on 1874 Northwich's youtube page, not just the matches either, there are a couple of snippets of what we are about as a club also.:scarf:

No grudges with Winsford, they're excellent Landlords, but of course we want to beat them on the pitch!

We played Witton last year in the Mid Cheshire cup, and what a game it was. Except their 90th minute winner!!

And grudge with JRFC? Wouldn't say grudge, just a sheer despise of what that club has now become and what it stands for.

I think that it would have to be Witton.
We played them a few months ago and the atmosphere and excitement was like to Good Old Days with local derbies.

We have a very productive and equitable relationship with Winsford and rivalry isn't an issue.

JRFC is an irrelevance.

How come there are 100's of post re Vics on here if we are irrelevance.

Colin.

You, your Master, and his "thing" are an irrelevance in sporting terms. (See my post above).

Our postings concern your Master, his mystery backers and their business "model" and its effect upon the local community and civic society.

On a side issue, what this thread does illustrate is the need for continued engagement with the local community to ensure that a clear and accurate image of what/who we are and what we stand for reaches as many people as possible. Sadly there are still many out there who don't get it, or even worse conflate us with JRFC.

Colin ... at least there are "100s of" posts on this forum. We're alive and kicking, and growing ever stronger. Our references on here to your club are merely there as a reminder of where we've come from, a salutory lesson for all football fans.

Colin.

We would happily post on your website but I suspect the "Gang of three" who post on there wouldn't allow it.

I also cant get to the planet Zog where it appears most of you live.

Hello ladies and gents,

I have not followed much about non league football in recent times however i used to go and watch Northwich Vics with my uncle back in the day. I moved away and didnt follow.
I have recently moved back and was looking into going vics again and thats where i came about you guys?

Can you tell me whats gone on? i guess it will be too long to put in email but just roughly please.

I see they're doing very well on the pitch and into FA Cup first round

Heard of Google Search? Try using it!

Now thats a great response!

Well played sir.

Tony,

NVFC lost our trust as fans a long time ago. If you are really interested in what happened, there is a book from a local impartial author called "20 years of madness" which details the sale of the Drill field and the subsequent mess of the building of the Victoria stadium very well. Unfortunately it is quite sketchy on more recent issues, skipping many details of the current mess.

In a nutshell, the current regime:

Presided over the club whilst the bank sold the near football league standard stadium from under them (which was bulldozed and is now a chemical warehouse). This despite the owner telling fans for over 18 months that he was 95% done on a purchase of the ground.
The club played at 8 different 'home' grounds to finish the season, before deciding to use Stafford Rangers for home matches.
Put the club into administration; with debts well over £1m.
On taking the club out of administration, the owners agreed to pay back over 30% of the debt over 5(?) years, allegedly they didn't pay a penny and the debt was written off (although no-one seems to be able to answer how).
The club, despite having the slate wiped clean, is over £250k in debt again by the last accounts.
The club were relegated from the Conference Premier to the Evostik Division 1, despite only finishing in a relegation position once during that time.
The chairman was made bankrupt; his son now owns the club according to Companies House. The current chairman on paper is not a director and doesn't own any shares.

When asked about anything financial the chairman was always evasive, often offering contridictary statements.

In the end a supporter put a motion into the trust, which the board of the time were obligated to follow through to a vote on. The chairman of NVFC even went in the local paper telling the fans to vote for a new club!
Unsurprisingly the fans had enough, voted for a new club and now run our club the way we want to!

2797032.jpg

Last edited:
To everyone else on this thread: This can't be a wind up, would the Flixton Three really want to give us an excuse to air their dirty washing even more? I doubt it!

And that, in a nutshell is where we are. Brilliant reply Mark.

Last edited:
To be honest, I'm disappointed that there's a thread telling someone what we're all about and no one has mentioned Birties Pies... ;)

Thank you very much Mark Riding.

I honestly just wanted to know from the fans whats gone on as i didnt understand the hatred for the club you once loved. But i do now.

Tony1874: what a great response from you, very mature for a grown man. Google is good for facts but as i said i wanted to hear from fans.
Once again what a lovely warming welcome for someone who wants to come watch local football. A great way to attract new fans.......

Tony, don't be too hard on Tony74, he has more reason than most to hate the old club and there have been several instances of trolling on here. As I said on the whole we are an affable bunch.

There you go, got the reaction you wanted, chaos, panic and disorder, your mission is complete.

Back