• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Next season. Time for a change?

If we fail to gain promotion, is it time for a change at the top?

• Yes

Votes: 28 51.9%
  • No

Votes: 26 48.1%

• Total voters
Well if over 60% of forum users saying it, and attendances 150 less than they were a couple of season ago doesn't hit the message home - nothing will.

Don't fall into the trap Andy of thinking that everyone voting is an 1874 fan, it's simply not the case and the main reason why you won't get a reliable result, we have WAFC, JRFC fans, wind up merchants and s*** stirrers registered on here.
Also not all owners monitor this forum so the only true way to force the issue of a vote is to hold a shareholders meeting.

This thread is clear, the fans have spoken. It's up to the board that are elected by the fans to decide whether to take notice of it.
Sorry Andy, this thread is about 12 or so posters of which maybe 60% ish think we should change. That's 8 people out of 200-250 who watch us. Some of the posters don't even go to most games! Your numbers are way out. You have to face facts that there are 20-25 regular posters on here of who'm a few are anti for the sake of it. Our support is 10 times this forum and some don't even use a computer or smartphone!

Also it's not up to the fans, it's up to the members of our club who pay their £10 and elect the board to make these decisions. I assume the one's who are for a change are members who can have a say?

I say we need to change the way we play. Whether that is with a new manager is another question, a question for the board.

So just because you don't agree with with those that voted "Yes" you're going to assume they're all Wittoners and JRFC fans? Deary me, You've forgot to blame the Russian Spies!

Alternatively, I could argue Wittoners are voting "No" because they quite enjoy us being stuck in this division, and they quite like a manager that divides opinion. Just a thought.

Alan, you say that only 8 out of 250 want street gone. Nonsense! Just take a listen at the games, you'll hear the words "he's got to go now" used alot. Everyones noticed a massive drop in attendances, all those I've spoken to regarding as to why they dont come anymore are all saying the same thing.

We can bury our heads in the sand, like we all did for a number of years watching Vics, or we can take a step back, and consider the direction we are unfortunately heading recently.

A club with no ambition runs the risk of stagnating in my opinion. The Board and its football committee will stand by Streety as they think that he is doing a good job

You have to face facts that there are 20-25 regular posters on here of who'm a few are anti for the sake of it.

Also it's not up to the fans, it's up to the members of our club who pay their £10 and elect the board to make these decisions. I assume the one's who are for a change are members who can have a say?.

You mean there are people who dare to say what they think?
The managers was allowed to critise supporters and slag the club but as soon as it's the other way around you get certain members jumping on you back.!!
Say anything against players and parents/relations are on with threats!
What it seems we are looking for is a bunch of yes men!

And the other statement...well, what's the point of the sticker in my car that says "for the fans by the fans"!!
What your saying is your voice only matters if you are a member and pay your tenner a month?!, the rest can go and.....!!
I've already experienced this when I dared to ask what had happened at one of the members only meetings!
Anyone would have thought I'd ask for someone's liver!

So just because you don't agree with with those that voted "Yes" you're going to assume they're all Wittoners and JRFC fans?
Show me in my response where I 'assumed' Wittoners and JRFC fans voted yes?
I simply said you can't get an accurate legitimate result, meaning either way, YES or NO.

Last edited:
Don't fall into the trap Andy of thinking that everyone voting is an 1874 fan, it's simply not the case and the main reason why you won't get a reliable result, we have WAFC, JRFC fans, wind up merchants and s*** stirrers registered on here.

Show me in my response where I 'assumed' Wittoners and JRFC fans voted yes?
I simply said you can't get an accurate legitimate result either way, YES or NO.

I misinterpreted what you meant, I apologise.

Can't say I've been to too many games this season - but the ones I've been to have been boring - and we've bottled some games big time

I do think it's time for a change.

Freshening things up and injecting a bit of optimism will send us into the season in a better place - and will tempt the stay aways to come and have a look at the changes

Every coach has a shelf life, and I think Ian has reached his at 1874

Probably many more forum users have wanted to vote "Yes", but haven't been able to access the forum due to some of the moderators heavy handedness towards people who show discontent.

That totally unfounded comment I take objection to on behalf of the moderating team. I do not know of any 74 fan who is in a position not to be able to register and post on this forum because of any action by any of the moderators.

And Tony is right - the poll provides a snapshot of the opinions of fewer than 50 people, and that from the 356 registered members, not all of whom are fans of 1874. As a snapshot it is perfectly valid, but it can hardly be termed binding.

What is more interesting than the near 50-50 current split is the range of reasons given for and against, though ultimately this can only serve to inform a Board decision, not to make it for them either way. That is why the people who own the club elect the Board - to make key decisions on our behalf.

The Board and its football committee will stand by Streety as they think that he is doing a good job
That's why the co-ownership voted the board in, to make such decisions, difficult or not, in the best interest of the club.

Last edited:
You mean there are people who dare to say what they think?
The managers was allowed to critise supporters and slag the club but as soon as it's the other way around you get certain members jumping on you back.!!
Say anything against players and parents/relations are on with threats!
What it seems we are looking for is a bunch of yes men!

And the other statement...well, what's the point of the sticker in my car that says "for the fans by the fans"!!
What your saying is your voice only matters if you are a member and pay your tenner a month?!, the rest can go and.....!!
I've already experienced this when I dared to ask what had happened at one of the members only meetings!
Anyone would have thought I'd ask for someone's liver!
We had f*** all say in anything under The Three Stooges, Connett or Rushe. We found away forward by setting up a Fan Owned club, it's exactly what it says on the tin Blackey.
Every fan can have an opinion and I believe that differences in opinions make for healthy debate but ultimately you must be a co-owner of the club to cast vote on the clubs future.

That totally unfounded comment I take objection to on behalf of the moderating team. I do not know of any 74 fan who is in a position not to be able to register and post on this forum because of any action by any of the moderators.

Unfortunately Alan, your saying this to someone who has been banned and added to a discourage user list which makes the forum unusable for the victim.

Would i have fell victim to this if I had not showed discontent? I think not.

I stand by what I said. There is no 1874 fan on any banned list on here.
And with respect, you 'thinking not' does not necessarily make your comment true. You know the reason a moderator acted as they did at the time.

Correct, I do Alan.

Being added to the discourage user list was just an "accident", silly me. It's a good job this never "accidentally" happens to anyone who is well behaved.

It is not just the few on this forum complaining, but now every match day I hear dissatisfaction from a lot of fans around the ground about the quality of football that we are being asked to watch. I have to say the last few games have been absolutely dire. The Board shouldn't ignore these complaints and think that all is well. That is a recipe for even more discontent.

I stand by what I said. There is no 1874 fan on any banned list on here.
And with respect, you 'thinking not' does not necessarily make your comment true. You know the reason a moderator acted as they did at the time.

Well we wouldn't know that would we? It appears the moderators do it 'accidentally'?

So, it's either incompetence or it's been done on purpose as an opinion didn't toe the party line.

So I ask, if Andy was 'accidentally' added to the discourage user list - how do you know, conclusively, that no one else has?

Andy wasn't added to the discourage user list - an IP address that he used was and why this happened has been explained before.

We've also had one other issue when a banned or discouraged IP address (can't remember which) used by a spam account was later given to a member & caused them logon issues.

Back