• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Next season. Time for a change?

If we fail to gain promotion, is it time for a change at the top?

• Yes

Votes: 28 51.9%
  • No

Votes: 26 48.1%

• Total voters
As Andy has said in a previous message, maybe it's not the friendly club we portray to be

Club is very friendly, some fans not.
Try putting yourself in the shoes of a JRFC fan, they've never fallen out, never argued, they don't know how too, that's not normal behaviour.

Club is very friendly, some fans not.
Try putting yourself in the shoes of a JRFC fan, they've never fallen out, never argued, they don't know how too, that's not normal behaviour.

Personal insults is not normal behaviour and should not be what 1874 is about.

As Andy has said in a previous post, maybe it's not the friendly club we portray to be

I was referring to a certain someone casting false accusations.

But back on topic, a group dedicated to trying to younger encourage to get to the games is a great idea. And would be something I'd try and get involved with.

However, after typing this I've realised it isn't exactly on topic to this thread, but oh well.

Think all the reasons for and against this have been discussed on this thread, for now atleast.

I do wonder how people think we can attract a 'younger demographic' - when the old guard attack anyone younger for daring to voice an opinion / idea.
I have no idea how old you are, you come over as a person with a wealth of experience earned from a long life but then again your arrogance suggests you're probably around 20-25 years old.
On the subject of attracting the younger generation to our matches I would suggest we build a stadium in the middle of Northwich, supplying a free coach to pick up from every address. If that doesn't work try a power cut every Saturday afternoon and Tuesday night to pry them away from SKY Sports, their PlayStations, FIFA17 and Football Manager

Last edited:
How's this for a idea...
Let all the 'old guard' Board of Directors step down and hand over control of 1874 to our younger generation, they obviously know best.

Job done, that'll fix it!

Thinking you're intelligent is one thing, having common sense is something completely different.

Last edited:
How's this for a idea...
Let all the 'old guard' Board of Directors step down and hand over control of 1874 to our younger generation.

Job done, that'll fix it!

Thinking you're intelligent is one thing, having common sense is something completely different.

You're missing the point Tony. All generations should work together to make our club better. Board members have admitted to me that they don't understand how to connect with the younger generations and have asked for my ideas, which I have therefore contributed. Having a youthful sub committee will help our club grow :)

In every post I've put on this thread, I have used common sense to explain things I believe will help improve our club-other members such as Toddy and Tony F have then agreed with these :) I would never ask for anything unreasonable, and like you say yourself, if we didn't all agree with each other all of the time then it would be odd!

But at this moment in time, the club is largely out of touch with younger fans, the proportion of younger fans show this. If we are to make our club sustainable, we need to work and hook fans at a young age. Ideas on previous threads from yourself such as junior teams is another way that this would be achievable :)

You're missing the point Tony. All generations should work together to make our club better. Board members have admitted to me that they don't understand how to connect with the younger generations and have asked for my ideas, which I have therefore contributed. Having a youthful sub committee will help our club grow :)

In every post I've put on this thread, I have used common sense to explain things I believe will help improve our club-other members such as Toddy and Tony F have then agreed with these :) I would never ask for anything unreasonable, and like you say yourself, if we didn't all agree with each other all of the time then it would be odd!

But at this moment in time, the club is largely out of touch with younger fans, the proportion of younger fans show this. If we are to make our club sustainable, we need to work and hook fans at a young age. Ideas on previous threads from yourself such as junior teams is another way that this would be achievable :)
My comment was sarcasm Callum.

I agree with your points wholeheartedly, the youth is our future and we must invest in that but 'future' being the primary word. The future must be protected at all costs and that means keeping our feet firmly on the ground and not pushing too far, too hard, too quickly.

I'm a dad and a grandad and I still don't know how to please my kids and grandkids. I struggle to keep them active and interested. In my opinion the younger generation are not interested in local football, they're far too busy watching Premier and European Football on Sky Sports, playing on mobile phones and games consoles.

Last edited:
Every non league football club suffers with the same problem - lack of young fans. The fact is that non league (and even divisions 2 and 3) are not an attraction to young people who, besides having much more choice in how they spend their leisure time generally, can see the highest standards of football in the world 3, 4, sometimes 5 times a week on TV and social media. Access to top level football is so easy at so many levels -how do1874, Witton, Winsford or any other non league club compete? They don't and they won't.
I would suggest that people become more loyal to their local smaller clus when they settle down, have kids and don't have the disposable income and time to spend on PL clubs and other non football pursuits. Look around at matches and tell me I'm wrong!
Young kids will come with parents but many stop attending when old enough to do other things and return in later life. It has been so as long as I can remember.
In addition we are a relatively new club, not in Northwich yet and start as a small fish in a very large pool. There is no shortcut to becoming established and well known, it takes a long time.
I wouldn't for one minute suggest we stop targeting and encouraging younger fans but I wonder if greater rewards lie in targetting another age group? Attract them and kids come with them.
As ever there are many ideas and suggestions as to what should be tried but we are a small club and as shown above when we have the suggestions there is a lack of time to do them due to other commitments like university and work. We need to be realistic and one thing that could help would be for people to 'cost' suggestions in time and money so when put forward it can be assessed more easily. It also needs a little research first - look at the idea for research into the fan base. The club had a £1000 worth of market research done for them but whoever suggested it above obviously hadn't bothered to check it out thus giving the impression that nothing had been done which is unfair on the board.
Ideas flow into a club like ours by the barrow load but they are seldom thought through, researched or costed. That would be a good starting point for us as fans as it makes it so much easier to delve into them and pick out the best prospects for the board, or people they can delegate to, to take them further.

Back