• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Midlands Watch 23/24

I have heard that Granada Reports are doing an interview with Vics and Winsford at the Central Ground tonight. Hope they`ve got the bleeper working if it does go ahead. Should make interesting listening as well as watching.
"At the Central Ground..." - bit out of touch GW. Will it be down the chilled food aisle or the Tinned Soups maybe, in Sainsbury's?
GE

Does the FA appeals panel watch Granada Reports🤔

Sorry about that everyone - have edited my original post but I can still remember watching Ken Barn`s fantastic team there with Peter Mellor, Chris Nichol and Ticker Tynan etc.

Interesting quote from the Vics chairman
We only got wind of this right towards the end of last season when a publication put out a league structure and it was very much 100 per cent of what the end result was when we heard last Monday," he said.

“There was no consultation. I know there was no consultation with the North West Counties League committee and no consultation with us.

Paul Lawler from the nwcfl appeared to say the opposite in the Non-league paper.

And it's been discussed here since early April.

I suspect that the statement from the Vics Chairman was for domestic consumption to placate the Vics fans or he has no control or influence over the club?

Last edited:
I have heard that Granada Reports are doing an interview with Vics and Winsford at Witton tonight. Hope they`ve got the bleeper working if it does go ahead. Should make interesting listening as well as watching.
Good to see a Witton top being worn in the background 😄

The appeals are due to be heard in the middle of next week.

Winsford on the 6th.
Any word on Vics🤔

I suspect whatever happens it will all be the fault of 1874 Northwich. Look how many years Colin went on about "his" £200.

I suspect whatever happens it will all be the fault of 1874 Northwich. Look how many years Colin went on about "his" £200.
🤫 ...... I think he’s finally forgotten about it or given up trying 🤐

Half term holidays and people being away might be a factor
Getting the respective bodies in one place at the same time has probably been the stumbling block. Why the FA can’t move out of the nineteenth century, put down their quills and Carrier pigeons and hold meeting remotely 🤷🏼‍♂️ Business could be conducted a lot quicker via Teams, Zoom or some such like🤔

Hednesford might also be a factor. I've seen reports that their takeover might actually happen & they could withdraw their resignation.

Life is so much easier when you're not in the AGM Cup

Does anyone have any updates on Winsford / Vic's appeal ?
I thought it was held on Tuesday, but not heard anything

Apparently they will get the result at the end of the week.
1686218386092.png

Attachments

• 1686218197857.png
    1686218197857.png
    550.1 KB · Views: 19
Back