• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Midlands Watch 23/24

The only other thing the FA could have done is move the two Wythenshawe clubs as well to balance the numbers better.
20 Midlands/ 22 Counties is better than the 18 / 24 we have now.

The only other thing the FA could have done is move the two Wythenshawe clubs as well to balance the numbers better.
20 Midlands/ 22 Counties is better than the 18 / 24 we have now.
Seems crazier still to think of two South Manchester clubs as Midlands League material too, but the boundaries are changing 🤷🏼‍♂️ As you rightly point out, at least that would balance numbers out a little more. However adding or changing clubs for the purpose of lateral movement isn’t within the appeals panel’s remit, is it 🤔

Seems crazier still to think of two South Manchester clubs as Midlands League material too, but the boundaries are changing 🤷🏼‍♂️ As you rightly point out, at least that would balance numbers out a little more. However adding or changing clubs for the purpose of lateral movement isn’t within the appeals panel’s remit, is it 🤔
Correct Tez. They have no powers to change the allocations only to decide on the appeal. My understanding is If an appeal is upheld then the issue goes back to the allocations committee

Their really is a sense of panic coming across from them
I find it interesting and wonder what details they know that theyre not telling anyone else

I suspect that the posting isn't Colin, but someone using Colin's account to gauge opinion, muddy waters or looking for a scapegoat which has already been alluded to when the blame game starts.

I have no idea what’s going on!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If I was a betting man I’d wager that someone who used to be close to the club wants their players?

Funny how the manager has organised a meet the management team to dicuss a more open approach to management with fan engagement, in the same week that he’s threatened to leave the club if the appeal is lost
Couldn’t write it with that club honestly!

Wonder how many of the players will end up at Ramsbottom if they lose the appeal?.

And this is info that Simmo posted on Twitter re the grounds for appeal and the process.

As you imply Edge, it’s unlikely that Vics or United will provide sufficient evidence to prove the FA have not acted within these criteria.
So IMHO the only grounds that Vics and Winsford might stand a chance with in an appeal are points ii and iii.

The madness continues

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

They might ask questions but will they get the right answers?

I am delighted to say "Nothing to do with me Guv"

I have heard that Granada Reports are doing an interview with Vics and Winsford at Witton tonight. Hope they`ve got the bleeper working if it does go ahead. Should make interesting listening as well as watching.

Last edited:
Back