• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Mid Cheshire Champions

It was not the thrashing we gave Witton but it was a good solid win,and make's us without doubt the best team in Mid-Cheshire.With us also having the best supported forum in Mid-Cheshire loved by both Red and Green side of town whats not to celebrate.We are the only team of the major club's to win a trophy,well done 1874 top team again.

Congratulations and Thanks to the players and the management on a fantastic result last night. A battling and determined performance against a side who were better than when we beat them earlier in the season.
The whole team deserve credit.
The GoBo management team are unbeaten in cup games - now thats a record to maintain!!!

I think that we shouldn't forget last night's super victory without congratulating the officials whom - IMHO - were just superb.
We are rightly proud and encouraged by the recent performances of our young lads in the last few games, but the four officials last night - who's aggregate age must have been well less than 100 - were really good, particularly given that it was a huge game for them to take charge of at the stage in their careers. And well done to the MCDFA for having the guts to appoint such a relatively young and inexperienced four-some to their major game. Great to know that the game has talented lads (and girls) in our town in all sides of the game.

I think that we shouldn't forget last night's super victory without congratulating the officials whom - IMHO - were just superb.
We are rightly proud and encouraged by the recent performances of our young lads in the last few games, but the four officials last night - who's aggregate age must have been well less than 100 - were really good, particularly given that it was a huge game for them to take charge of at the stage in their careers. And well done to the MCDFA for having the guts to appoint such a relatively young and inexperienced four-some to their major game. Great to know that the game has talented lads (and girls) in our town in all sides of the game.
This is late April fool right??
He was awful!! :oops:.

I'm with Blackie. I try not to make comments about Referees, but I thought this one was one of the worst referees I'd seen.

Gentlemen, the referee is someones son, brother, friend.
I don't think you will be making comments like the above when you are old/fortunate enough to have a child of your own.

Reactions: Tez
Gentlemen, the referee is someones son, brother, friend.
I don't think you will be making comments like the above when you are old/fortunate enough to have a child of your own.
Really!!...we can't say the ref was awful now!!
No personal insults, no swearing , no comments about his looks......just a simple he was awful!!!
Much worse was shouted to him at the game, did you tell them about that??
People have gone PC mad.....get a grip!!

Btw, I have two grown up children and I was brought up in a time where you could say what you thought without someone trying to blow it out of proportion!!!!!!

Blackie, I am not blowing anything out of proportion, you are entitled to say as you put it without swearing what you want when you want its a free world and forum.
However what do you hope to gain apart from destroying some young mans confidence with quotes of
"This is late April fool right?? He was awful!! "
"one of the worst referees I'd seen."

I'm of the opinion that we should be encouraging young refs to come through - but also believe that the three match officials will have heard a whole lot worse on Tuesday night than they might read on here. Take the criticism on board I say and come back and do better next time. Having a thick skin must surely be criterion 0 for being a ref. It's a rare ref that pleases everyone all of the time.

I once refereed a uni-level hockey game - admittedly a more technical sport than football - and it was nigh on impossible. I gained a little more sympathy for refs of all sports from that point on. Something I didn't have when I was 13. I suspect I'm still the only person to have been sent off in an inter-form netball game at Leftwich High for telling the ref what I thought of her decisions in language they certainly hadn't taught me in the classroom. Thinking about it now, I had probably picked the language up at the Drill Field....

Blackie, I am not blowing anything out of proportion, you are entitled to say as you put it without swearing what you want when you want its a free world and forum.
However what do you hope to gain apart from destroying some young mans confidence with quotes of
"This is late April fool right?? He was awful!! "
"one of the worst referees I'd seen."
Didn't say he was one of the worst refs at any point!!
He didn't look short of confidence to me but didn't look in control of the game!!
The "good referee"..... let a two footed lunge on Sam Hind go unpunished, then booked Sam for a nothing challenge minutes later.
Mark Jones tried take a quick free kick and a vic's player blocked it deliberately from less than a yard away. He let this go and Vics nearly scored.
Never got a grip on the left backs constant fouling!
So to say he was good was ridiculous!!!
Regardless of age he was awful!

It seems that every little negative comment on here these days is jumped on by someone trying to make you look like your a bad person and making it out to be personal against someone!!!!! IT WAS A SIMPLE COMMENT!!!!.
If we can't make this kind of comment with the bandwagon coming out whats the use of this forum!!!

It seems that every little negative comment on here these days is jumped on by someone trying to make you look like your a bad person and making it out to be personal against someone!!!!! IT WAS A SIMPLE COMMENT!!!!.
If we can't make this kind of comment with the bandwagon coming out whats the use of this forum!!!

!!!!! IT WAS A SIMPLE NEGATIVE USELESS DAMAGING COMMENT!!!!.

Without these young guys we wouldn't have matches to go to and comments like yours are not productive.

Ok, let's give the ref some credit, he was exciting. Every time he blew his whisltle it was anyone's to guess why and which teams getting the free kick.

!!!!! IT WAS A SIMPLE NEGATIVE USELESS DAMAGING COMMENT!!!!.

Without these young guys we wouldn't have matches to go to and comments like yours are not productive.
These young guys should stick to junior football until they are big enough and strong enough to handle bigger games.
Mark....If you can honestly hold your hand up and say you've never shouted something far worse at a ref at a match then I would be very very surprised and if you havent it would make you a better person than most of the people on this forum!!!
But I doubt it!!

Last edited:
They're young but they're adults and so long as they've obtained their qualifications then should ref at the level they're entitled to by those qualifications.
None of them have come on here suggesting they don't think they're big and strong enough to handle the games.
If you mean it from a decision-making rather than a being able to take criticism point of view then it's a bit harsh making the 'stick to junior football' comment on the basis of one game!!
You're entitled to say it!!! I'm not moaning about you making negative comments - that particular one just seems a little harsh! :)

Last edited:
:banghead :banghead :banghead....I give up!! Forum is becoming pathetic!
I just find it laughable that calling someone awful would get such a response!! o_O.
Thank god they don't build glass houses these days!!

Blackie, ONE person took umbridge with you, I thought one particular comment was 'a little harsh' - whilst largely agreeing with the rest of what you've been saying, Andy agreed with you.

That hardly makes the forum pathetic... or at least it's no different to how it was before this thread started!!!

Back