• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Mid Cheshire Champions

I couldn't make it sadly but well done to the lads on completing the double over V*** and on being crowned the best team in Mid Cheshire for the second season in a row! ;):scarf:

Great effort by the boys tonight to finish the season with some silverware.
Couple of good saves by the stand in keeper, the one heading for the top corner was world class!
Vics worked hard and were obviously up for the final but quality showed through in the end.
Thanks to the boys, staff, volunteers and all the people who put all the hard work in again this season.
My last game due to working sat so thank you for finishing my season on a high :scarf:.

Good game, should have had the game buried in the first half, thought we were going to regret it when Vics came back at us in the 2nd half.

In the end, McGowan took his chance with an excellent goal and that was enough.

Didn't know what to make of the stand in keeper. First half he gave everyone a heart attack every time the ball went near him, they pulled out some of the saves of the season in the 2nd.

First bit of silver for Wayne and Paul, more to come I'm sure.

Great effort and determination from the lads to get the win tonight, thought that there was more than 342 there tonight and we easily had over 300 of the crowd, brilliant goal from Scotty and we need to keep him at all costs for next season

brilliant goal from Scotty and we need to keep him at all costs for next season

'74 isn't about doing anything 'at all costs'!! That's what gets clubs into trouble.

Be great to keep him though! ;)

Yeah, my understanding is the ref was a Wittoner and the liner was an ex Vics fan.

Fourth official, not liner. Used to watch Vics. Good to see young refs coming through.

Reactions: Ben
To be fair, he was fourth official! Did he not hold the board up straight?!? :)

Yeah, my understanding is the ref was a Wittoner and the liner was an ex Vics fan.
The referee's assistant possibly supports Witton. The fourth official was (like us all) I think a one time supporter of Vics, more likely a neutral these days though I'd have thought. Whatever their allegiance (and most officials have one) they will without doubt have been impartial on the night. I'm sure no one would be disingenuous enough, to tentatively, suggest otherwise, particularly given the result.

The result ended well. Glad to be holding silverware!
Game could have been better. Keeper was very good, 4 very good saves that I can recall. Struggled at first. Vics were up for it.
Ref was inconsistent throughout, didn't help the game at times.
Let's get a last win on Saturday to end the season! Title challenge next time out

Very enjoyable game, well done too the boys. Special mention for stand in keeper did very well overall. My friends from work enjoyed the game and the pie so went home happy. We are 74! :scarf::scarf::scarf:

Great result obviously. It was a lot tighter result compared to the last game against them, but we came through on top all the same. Tough game, not the best conditions in the build up with rain, snow beforehand, probably not the best for the neutral to watch, but all the same, they'll have seen what that result meant to us. It was great to see all the players go over to both sides of the ground, acknowledging and celebrating with the crowd on those sides. We retained the trophy, but did so against Vics, in a way, a shame, but in a way, fantastic.

Anyway, we finished on a high in our penultimate game, make sure we finish that way in our final game!!!

Back