• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Marine FA Cup game called off.....

Chesterfield were ordered to replay that game ... maybe that sets a precedent? But then again, this is the FA we are talking about

In this case it's two games though which makes it even more complicated

from the JR website (with apologies for reproducing the strangled syntax of their final sentence):

The Football Club were informed late Friday afternoon 2nd October 2015 by the Football Association of the need to investigate the chronological order of events relating to the registration of a player having taken part in this season's F.A Cup Competition's previous two qualifying rounds. We are co-operating fully with the F.A's investigation but feel it would be wrong to comment further on the matter until the investigation is complete. There will be a further statement in due course.
The Club remains fully focused on our F.A Trophy tie AWAY Vs Lancaster City on Saturday 3rd October, with the F.A Trophy a competition in that we have a long and proud history and association with.

I see Simmo has noted the possibility that if the breach is proven then prize winnings will have to be repaid.

Sadly Alan, even if they do have to repay the winnings, it seems it is a spit in the ocean to them whereas most over non league clubs would see it as a serious amount of cash lost.

JR repay money?

Surely some mistake?

Such things don't happen in JRFC land.

Last edited:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Wonder if JRFC will argue that the missing document was sent by unconventional post leaving no trail, rather than conventional email that would prove a delivery.

Some previous - http://www.thefa.com/news/governanc...ld-charged-with-breach-of-fa-cup-rules-091214

Even though the player is on loan they still need written permission from the parent club to play in cup games.

I understand that things could be even worse for JRFC than just being booted out of the FA Cup as there are issues re the same players' registration with the evostick league. If so, there could be points deduction in addition to any sanction from the fa in respect of the FA cup

If it is the actual loan registration document, rather than the permission to play in cup games, then the effect could well be wider than just the FA Cup, though I have no idea which club (in this case Telford or JRFC) is responsible for getting that document to the FA.
Tony, I believe that the FA uses a new-fangled device called a fax machine rather than email.

Looks to me as if there is a possibility that the FA have only got things 95% right. That is not acceptable and Rushe ought to make a fuss about it.

Rushe isn't the chairman, why would he make a fuss?

Anyone know the outcome of today's hearing? I had a look on the JRFC website for the official update... surprisingly there was nothing... !

Cheers Tony... thought it was today.... sure there will be an offal statement in full soon..... assuming then that this doesn't impact our day out at the seaside on Saturday :)

Fact is JRFC don't give a shit about other clubs losing money through cancelled matches, only ever think of themselves, always guilty and always appeal.

Not always LF, wonder if they've employed Graham Bean to fight their case again or is he still tied up at Leeds United?
Maybe Colon or Dewdrop will represent the club?

Do they actually know as it's not being discussed on their forum?

There is only three of them and they probably discussed how unfair it all was and how everyone has it in for JR down in their gang den.

Back